Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Rebate Checks

Saying for the day- You can count on the Americans to do the right thing, once they've exhausted every other possible course of action. -- Winston Churchill

Rebates










#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. The Pigeon Falls Town Council met last night and set up a Museum Board. They have decided to turn the old Latimer place into a museum of Pigeon Falls history. It will house all the old issues of the “ Bird Seed” the now defunct community paper. It will have some of the equipment used by the original potato farmers. They have great plans for the museum. As an added bonus the place is supposed to be haunted. They may have one of the few haunted museums in the country. They will be collecting every ghost story that has been told about the place to put in the little book that will be on sale at the site. The Council has asked everyone to go through their attics and basements and look for old things with stories attached.
Petrovich is offering to do a history of Pigeon Falls and the driblets of the Great Seer. He will pay for the printing , himself. He has been quick to point out that not another museum in the country will have such a collection.
The Board is even considering having one room for just artifacts that relate to the adventures of the town that correspond to the driblets.
Ralph Kivi thinks that this will best small town museum in the country. Ralph is President of the new Board.
Before they open a lot of remodeling has to be done. They need a big fund raiser to get some money. Mrs. Trumble thinks they can get a government grant if they have enough matching money.
******

Today's Link-Farrah Rochon- Perils of the internet revealed at last.
Today was not a great day. I spent the day pulling together all my records and stuff to do my income tax. I hate doing income tax. The good news is we are getting money back from the federal government. The bad news is the state is taking more than I am getting back. In Michigan our social security and pension weren't taxed by the state but here they are . What a pain. And I owe interest because I didn't know we would have to pay that much. Did I say I hate doing taxes. But they are done. They have been e-filed. I can now relax. Unless I think of what I have to pay Wisconsin. My sister Dawn called. The one bright spot in a gloomy day. Now I really need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

I am surprised that Petrovich isnt offering to commission a statue of himself for the museum's front lawn.

5:15 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Besides the normal refund, we are still trying to decide how "not" to spend the extra $900. Or rather, the best way to save it.

Silver in a safe deposit box sounds like the plan thus far.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Ain't it the sad, sad truth? I'll admit to being a republican. I'll admit to not being much of a student of economics. But even I know this isn't going to fix anything.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I am doing my part and suffering to improve the economy -- here in this beach front luxury hotel (Though I must admit our room has a view of the parking lot.

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be using mine for a variety of purposes...from buying one kid a keyboard to buying another kid a bike...

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home