Friday, March 21, 2008

Old Mother Goose

Saying for the day: To me, old age is always fifteen years older than I am.
- - - - Bernard M. Baruch

My friend Ralph sent me this-enjoy!



















#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.Tommy UK is going with Luke Snowslider to Elkhart this weekend for the Egg Stravagant Easter Snowmobile Race. He hopes to find some way to show that Barth Wader was behind the fake murder and the robbery.
Eino had hoped that the thief might try to cash the check that was at the bottom of the box. The box contained $100 in dollar bills and a check for $4900. They put a stop payment on the check the day after the box was taken. But so far no attempt has been made to cash it.
The community celebrated Good Friday yesterday with an impressive community service. All three churches took part. Father Raymond preached on the first two words from the Cross and then had to leave to do a required service at his church. The Methodist man preached on the next three and then Pastor Joan finished with the last two. Two choirs took part and several soloists. Despite the fact that it was slightly shorter than usual Herman Mati fell asleep for the third year in a row. His wife has given up trying to keep him awake. She is, now, just glad he comes.
*****
Today's Link-From a Heavenly Land- Watch out for facial hair it could kill you.
It was qa great day. We took the boys out to an arcade. we ate there. They rode bumber cards, played laser tag, and played games for tickets that they turned in for junk. I got to take movies . It was a great day. Then my sister Dawn called. She wiorrys about me. It was good to hear her voice. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

7 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Wow. Tommy UK is leaving Pigeon Falls.

5:58 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

I'm not quite there yet, but that was funny.

8:11 AM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Dr. John,
I have some friends whom I will be directing to this post. Too funny!

I came by to wish you a happy Easter and to thank you for being a "pastor" to many beyond your flock. You are a great encourager!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Thanks for the Saturday Chuckle Dr John, just what the Doctor ordered.

A Blessed Easter Weekend for you and Betty and your family.

PS

Stop by My Dad's Trains, there is more pictures up now.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I used to be quick as a streak,
but, what used to take me a day
now takes me a week...

Happy Easter, Dr. John!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Have a Wonderful Easter Dr. John!

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I crawled out of bed this morning and left the house. I have come home in time to crawl back into bed. I am afraid I won't wake for tomorrow's Sunrise Service.

Happy Easter, Dr. John and Betty!

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home