Monday, March 24, 2008

MEME again!

Saying for the day-The body is a house of many windows: there we all sit, showing ourselves and crying on the passers-by to come and love us. ~Robert Louis Stevenson
Welcome to the 2008 edition of getting to know your friends. What you are supposed to do is copy this entire list and paste it into your own blog. Change the answers so they apply only to you, then send this challenge onto your blog friends. The theory is that we will all get to learn a lot of little things about our friends that we may not have known.
1. What time did you get up this morning? 6:00 AM
2. Diamonds or pearls? Pearls
3. Last movie you saw in the theater? The Silver Surfer ( Fantastic Four)
4.What is/are your favorite TV shows? Monk
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Cocoa and toast
6. What is your middle name? James as in “ King James”
7. What food do you dislike? Tomatoes (anything with tomatoes in it)
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Age to Age by Amy Grant
9. What kind of car do you drive? Pontiac Montana ( When Betty lets me drive)
10. Favorite sandwich? Bologna and Jam on white bread
11. What characteristics do you despise? Judgmental, inflexible
12. Favorite item of clothing? Comfortable slacks
13. If you could go anywhere in the world for a vacation, where would you go? Finland
14. What color is your bathroom? White
15. Favorite brand of clothing? Salvation Army or Good Will
16. Where would you want to retire? Right where I am
17. Most memorable birthday? Yet to come
18. Favorite sport to watch? Football
19. Furthest place you are sending this to? England
20. Who do you expect to respond? Hopefully everybody who reads the blog
21. Person you expect to respond first? Uh...
22. Favorite saying? Grandpa knows everything.
23. When is your birthday? May
24. Are you a morning person or a night person? Morning ( but I used to be night)
25. What is your shoe size? 10.5
26. Pets? A pure bred English Springer Spaniel
27. What did you want to be when you were little? A Cowboy
28. What are you today? Retired Pastor
29. What is your favorite candy? Jelly Beans
30. Your favorite flower? Tulips
31.What is a day on the calendar you are really looking forward to? July 4th
32. What are you listening to right now? The music on the game my wife is playing and it’s driving me nuts.
33. What was the last thing you ate? Roast beef sandwich
34. Do you wish on stars? Yes!
35. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Green
36. What is your pet peeve? Having to take that darn breathing treatment.
37. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My son Peter
38. Do you like the person/people you are sending this onto? Of course, yes!
39. Favorite soft drink? Any Diet Cola
40. Favorite restaurant? Perkins
41. Hair Color? Black
42. Favorite day of the year? Fourth of July
43. What was your favorite toy as a child? My holster and six shooter
44. Summer or winter? Summer
45. Hugs or kisses? Both
46. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate
47. Do you want your blog friends to carry this on? yes
48. When was the last time you cried? Yesterday. I cry often during sad movies.
49. What is under your bed? Monster or elves. I’m afraid to look.
50. Who is the friend you've had the longest? Betty
51. What did you do last night? Went to bed early.
53. What are you afraid of? Whatever is under the bed.
54. How many keys on your key ring? No key ring.
55. How many years at your current job? I’m retired
56. Favorite day of the week? Sunday – I get refreshed
57. How many states have you lived in? Three
58. Do you make friends easily? Yes ( but they keep moving away or dying.)
59. How many folks will you send this to? all who visit this blog

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. There was a great deal of excitement at the Paul Bunyan restaurant in Elkhart on Saturday night. The FLYFAST snowmobile team was eating the famous all you can eat meal when Tommy UK came in wearing the rfirst place medal from the previous week. Barth Wader went balistic. He accused Tommy UK of breaking into his room and stealing the medal. He told him he was going to beat him to a pulp. Tommy said the medal wasn’t his. That he stole it. Wader said it was his by right and he could never prove he stole it. That’s when the sheriff came in and arrested Barth. It seems Tommy UK was wearing a wire. It also seems that the medal he was wearing was a copy not the original. The entire incident gave the sheriff probable cause for a warrant. A search of Barth’s room produced the original medal. Barth then confessed to having stolen the medal but denied setting up the fake murder in the sauna. So that mystery may yet be unsolved.
Luke Snow Slider won the big Easter morning race , racing for the Polaris team. Tommy UK was there to cheer him on. He was supposed to be the acolyte at the Easter service at Last Lutheran but he had Tammy fill in for him.
******

Today's Link- Postings from Prairie Hill- - A really great Easter Sermon
It seemed so quiet here today with no kids. The poor dog looked so lost. I spent the morning getting the Church website up to date. added some videos of the Easter music. In the afternoon we worked in the basement counting and taking picture of EZ track to sell on eBay. I think in another three weeks we should be done with eBay. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

10 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

I wouldnt be surprised if Barth Wader and Petrovich were related.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Interesting answers, I liked them all. I may even have a go at doing this "Getting to know your friends" Meme.

A Wonderful day is wished for you and Betty.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[shakes head] That Tommy!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

I'll put this up on my blog tomorrow, though I don't know you'll learn anything new.

1:14 PM  
Blogger butterflies said...

Bologne and jam!! YUKK!
LOL..Ive never heard of that.
Hope you and Betty have a great week Dr John.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

I have done your 'meme' as an e-mail thing. It had pretty much the same questions. I think the best way to get to know me is by reading my blog because it shows what I believe, and that is really 'who' I am.

That was a lot of excitement at the Paul Bunyan resturant. I suppose it will be a very populat place for a while now.
I hope your Resurrection day celebration was as nice as mine.
Have a wonderful week.

7:33 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Well,
It's late and I won't be able to do this MEME but I liked reading yours. I, too, cry at sad (or happy) movies. I just watche "The Pursuit of Happyness" [sic] for the 2nd or 3rd time and it still gets me to see the dedication of that father. Will Smith and his son do an excellent job.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

"What is under your bed? Monster or elves. I’m afraid to look."

I have cute little dust bunnies under mine.

Great meme!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

I like this meme very much and I will do it for my next post. Probably tomorrow. Today I am busy getting may documents ready. I have an appointment with my income tax inspector.

For number 1 of your answers, I beat you. I get up generally between 4 and 5. Suffering from "senile bed escape". :-)

9:22 PM  
Blogger Alastair said...

Thanks for the comment Dr John, and for the link to the St John Chrysostom homily for Easter, a great sermon indeed! As you will see from my latest blog entry, its taken a while to get here due to lots of different things going on - good to be back, though!

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home