Monday, March 31, 2008

No More Meme

Saying for the day-The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.- Winston Churchill

I have run out of meme’s. Every Monday for the last month I have done a meme. Monday readers now know more about me than I do.( I forget a lot) But last week I didn’t find any new meme’s, not a single one. So that thread ends.
Today I want to share with you my problem. I want to be a well informed voter. I want to cast a vote in the Presidential election that will serve the country well. But I am not getting much help.
What I am getting from the press is speculation.
They speculate on why Hillary told us she was shot at when she wasn’t.
They speculate on weather in Obama’s heart of hearts he is really a black racist or worse a Moslem terrorist.
They speculate on McCain teeth and why he hasn’t had them fixed.
None of this is helpful to me.
I want them to look at what we know.
What will the health plans of Hillary or Obama cost? As great as they would be can we afford them?
Does McCain have a health plan?
What would happen if we follow their plans for getting out of Iraq?
The networks certainly can work those figures out.
Give us a picture of what a Hillary, Obama, or McCain presidency would be like.
We can’t trust their press releases. We know politicians lie.
But can’t we take at face value what they say they will do and project the consequences?
Of course, such projections may not be exciting. They might even require some thought to work through.
An angry Pastor makes a better sound bite.
It is more fun to catch the candidate in a mistake.
So the press turns the election into a soap opera.( As the Country Turns).
Perhaps , it’s not the candidates that have failed us, it’s the press.
I still have a little time before I have to vote.
Perhaps, when we are down to two candidates there will be real debates and the press will give us useful information. Then , of course, I might take up skydiving. But don’t count on it.
#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. So the Tommy Club has a finger print but no data base to compare it with. You know a data base like CSI has on television. You put in the fingerprint and the computer suddenly gives you a picture of the person it belongs to. The Tammy Club doesn’t have a data base. If they did people like Tommy TW wouldn’t be in it. He has never been arrested. He was never in the military. He is a non-person data base wise. For that matter so are most of the citizens of Pigeon Falls. They just live quiet lives below the radar of modern society.
Tammy suggested, that since the Sauna has been closed since the incident they see if there are any fingerprints there. They found all kinds of fingerprints. But on the door and on the desk in the entry room they found one that matches the one on the box. They now feel sure that this is the fingerprint of the person who set up the hoax. But whose fingerprint is it.
Tommy TW returns tomorrow . They intend to ask him for his fingerprints. But Tommy UK has pulled a fingerprint off of his signed copy of “Murder in the Sauna” and it doesn’t match so he doubts that it will be Tommy TW.
The Musuem Board has asked Kivi&Maki for the mannequin once the investigation is over. It will make a fine display. They are planning a room set up like the sauna. They will also have copies of Tommy Tw’s book available for purchase. The ghosts at the Latimer house will certainly have a lot to lay with.
*****

Today's Link-Half a Bubble Off- Deep Thoughts about Time
It was a dfull day. I spent most of the day on the computer. I visited all my links. I started printing out February blogs for my sister until I ran out of ink. I visited new blogs as possible links for upcoming days. I brought St. Mark's website up to date I added the April calendar, the April newsletter, and last Sunday's bulletin. I visited some old time radio websites. Now I need a BREATHING TREATMENT.
gbya.

12 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Tommy TW probably knows enough about investigations and leaving fingerprints, that he probably wore some gloves with someone elses fingerprints printed on them.

5:56 AM  
Blogger RED MOJO said...

Wow, You nailed it. It is a media circus, and not at all useful information!
I'm red mojo, and I endorse this message.
Thanks for the link too! I'm honored.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

All three candidates have their own web sites: http://candidate's name.com

They pretty much spell out what they are for and against on their sites so you can put it all together and form an opinion.

7:25 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I want to link to your essay about what the press doesn't do. You are so right on!

I heard Glen Beck on Larry King say that he wants a candidate who tells the truth about the economy. GB is a republican, but he was telling it like it is, that we are in deep economic doo doo.

I'm a Milwaukeean by birth and upbringing and I visit the Sheboygan/Manitowoc area frequently as that is where my family settled in the 1800's and they all retired back there.

Sound's like your church does the same ol' same ol'. The Bible is about the adventures of the patriarchs and apostles. We could at least be so in our music and worship.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Cissa Fireheart said...

Honestly I know who I already am going to vote for. but as far as those who don't know, thank you Stacy for that "link".

I hope the mystery is solved soon! Then the museum people can put THAT in the museum as well!

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved your blog and I so agree about the press. OC responded that the press doesn't talk about the real issues because they are trying to distract us so we won't know that big business is really running the country and changing presidents won't much matter.

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you still do leave a comment Mondays?

Your problem is shared with many, which is why so many don't vote. I am glad you are trying to make a informed decision. Most just give up.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Well put, my friend. I am so out of the loop. Mostly because I just can't STAND to watch the news anymore. It bored me before and now it just makes me crazy.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, I need better info on the candidates before I can vote, too.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Mama always said, "Don't believe everything you hear." Where politicians are concerned I'm not certain we can believe anything we hear from them. Of course they will say what they believe we want to hear, They want our vote. What comes down after they are in office, is anybody's guess. And it's too late to change out vote then, so this is what I do. First of all, I pray for divine understanding while I am learning about the candidates, then I pray for guidance when I make my selection. Now the third and possible most important part I believe is to pray sincerely for whomever is elected that they will make the right choices and decisions for out country.
Without our Heavenly Father to give us wisdom, we can't make a wise choice.

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://hopresovees.net/][img]http://vonmertoes.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]accounting software for sale, [url=http://hopresovees.net/]cheapest voip software[/url]
[url=http://bariossetos.net/][/url] nero 9 key hack cheapest vista software
desktop software downloads [url=http://hopresovees.net/]software discounts for non[/url] microsoft office 2007 enterprise edition
[url=http://vonmertoes.net/]download microsoft office 2003 free[/url] kaspersky 8.0 updates
[url=http://vonmertoes.net/]music production software academic[/url] academic software prices
buy new photoshop [url=http://hopresovees.net/]cheapest software prices[/b]

7:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home