Saturday, February 09, 2008

Yes Virgina there are Elves

Saying for the day:Do not ask an elf for advice, for he will say both yes and no. Old Farland Saying

On Thursday when I told the last elf tale Judie asked if I believed in elves.
Of course I do.
Doesn’t everybody?
How else do you explain all those people who get their wishes granted.
You know and I know that people don’t grant wishes.
Well sometimes parents, lovers, and politicians do but that’s about it. And politicians only grant wishes to people who give them lots and lots of money and help them get elected or who pay for them to go on trips with a beautiful lady ( not their wife) and take lots of secret pictures.
So since people who don’t bribe politicians, whose parents threw them out, who have no lover still get there wish there must be elves. You can’t argue with logic like that.
And I know elves are about four foot tall with curly toes because I saw it in a movie and besides dinky little elves wouldn’t be much help to Santa.
Now I suppose you want to know if I believe in Santa.

####News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is just a little strange. Pigeon Falls is slowly returning to normal. Nobody got hurt in the tree adventure. Everybody is now back home. Tommy TW has been reunited with Nancy, The big parties are over.
Tommy UK is feeling pretty good about himself. He helped to save the town and gave an unfeeling General his comeuppance. Worked out better than any practical joke he ever played.
Charlie has hung his new medal next to the one from the Special Olympics and he feels very proud. He doesn’t understand what he did but he knows it was important. The Mayor, herself, said so.
There is a big investigation going on at a secret army base in Texas. The trees they were growing in a locked down lab have all vanished. All the wood chips they were growing trees from which were locked in the vault have vanished. Whoever took them had to have high level clearance. So they are sure there is a traitor on the base. Trees just don’t vanish.
Petrovich is also feeling pretty good . It looks like another driblet did apply to Pigeon Falls even though it was written so many years ago.
The only thing left to remind people of the adventure are two army tanks which they have towed off the road. Otherwise life is back to normal.
******

Today's Link:This is How We Roll- A look at the Rolling Stones.
A rough breathing day but a good day. I played computer games with the grandkids. I watched Alex teach Betty how to play the game she is playing on WII . They went to the show and I visited some of my links. Then I played canasta and won. Now I really need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

6 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Petrovich is feeling pretty good. Pride goeth before the fall. :-)

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For Pigeon Falls "back to normal" still is a semi-scary proposition!

Hey! I've got it! Tommy UK isn't the undertaker's kid! He's an elf impersonating a child!

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well DO you believe in Santa? ;)

Thanks, Dr. John. I hope I get an A also.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Normal in Pigeon Falls is a relative thing.

1:53 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Well Dr John,
maybe one ought to ask an elf
or maybe one ought not to
I guess it's all down to what you want or need to know, and how badly you want an answer

5:21 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

hey thanks for the link; I'll give you a looksee too! :o)

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home