Sunday, February 03, 2008

God.com

Saying for the Day: A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be. ~Douglas Pagels
When I got this in my e-mail ( forwarded from Ralph) I thought it would be great for a Sunday blog. So here it is:

TO: God.com
Dear Lord,

Every single evening
As I'm lying here in bed,
This tiny little Prayer
Keeps running through my head:

God bless all my family
Wherever they may be,
Keep them warm and safe from harm
For they're so close to me.

And God, there is one more thing
I wish that you could do;
Hope you don't mind me asking,
Please bless my computer too.

Now I know that it's unusual
To Bless a motherboard,
But listen just a second
While I explain it to you, Lord.

You see, that little metal box
Holds more than odds and ends;
Inside those small compartments
Rest so many of my friends.

I know so much about them
By the kindness that they give,
And this little scrap of metal
Takes me in to where they live.

By faith is how I know them
Much the same as you.
We share in what life brings us
And from that our friendships grew.

Please take an extra minute
From your duties up above,
To bless those in my address book
That's filled with so much love.

Wherever else this prayer may reach
To each and every friend,
Bless each e-mail inbox
And each person who hits 'send'.

When you update your Heavenly list
On your own Great CD-ROM,
Bless everyone who says this prayer
Sent up to GOD.com

Amen

####News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is just a little strange. General Fredrick R. Bosley is now in charge of Pigeon Falls. He posted an announcement on the Town Hall which stated that people could now feel secure because Homeland Security was there to protect them from the terrorists. As part of that security the tree on the edge of town has been secured. Anyone approaching that tree will be shot.( That made everybody feel very secure). Further shipments of highly specialized equipment would be lowered into Pigeon Falls during the week so that tests can be run. They are going to discover if the box in the tree is sending and receiving messages, if it is radioactive, and if it contains explosives of an unknown nature. No one is to touch this equipment at any time. By the time this is over the terrorists will wish they had never picked Pigeon Falls as a target.
Tommy UK is meeting after Church with Eino, old Doc Simpson, and a couple of guys from the Fly Inn Bar. He has a plan that he thinks could end with Charlie opening the box. This, if Petrovich’s driblet is correct and Charlie is the pure of heart one, should end the problem with the trees and the problem with the General. Although Tommy UK has some special plans for the General.
Despite all this life goes on in Pigeon Falls. All three churches will hold services this morning. People will sing hymns and pray. Sermons will be preached. The only difference would seem to be that people are praying more intensely than usual.
Does Tommy TW really have a plan? Will it work? Will poor pure of heart Charlie end up getting shot? What about this fancy machinery? Is the box radioactive? What does Tommy UK have planned for the General? And of course is Tommy UK really the undertaker’s kid?
*******

Today's Link-Pagans and Lutherans-A story of a smelly dog in winter.
I got up early this morning and discovered one of the difference between writers and bloggers. Writers have editors that catch character changes like Tommy UK becoming Tommy TW and bloggers don't. So half asleep I put in the wrong Tommy. I didn't notice until I read the comments. I have since corrected it. Writers are so lucky. I went to church this morning. The choir was great as usual. Then I came home and Pennie and Betty went to Pick and Save. My sister Dawn called. She lives without cable or a dish and won't be getting the Super Bowl. Then Pennie cut some wood for me and I went to work on the layout. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

11 Comments:

Blogger J C said...

Nice little prayer, Dr. John. Re your comment (thanks)about Bobby, don't worry, I don't have a cat. Never will!

6:27 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Did I miss something? Nancy and Tommy TW are back?

I think Pigeon Falls has more to worry about with Petrovich than any terrorist.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

That is a adorable picture and such a nice poem. You and Betty are wonderful friends, thank you.

hope you are well. we are good here. much love. hugs.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

That little poem touches my heart because I have made so many friends through my computer, but sadly, I have lost a couple of them too.

There is a little something for you on my blog.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhm, Tommy TW is not the undertaker's kid. IS he? I mean, who would name too kids Tommy?

(Oh, shut up, George!)

10:40 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Love the poem and you are right, it's perfect for Sunday.

God Bless.

sue

10:57 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

A wonderful poem, God Bless you and Betty Dr John.

11:18 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

lol Dr John
Pagans & Lutherans must make for great friends in-deed

12:15 PM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

I don't usually comment on my own blog but I was half asleep this morning and put in the wrong Tommy. It should have been Tommy UK and I have since corrected it. Sorry bout dat.

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that poem! My friends here are as important to me as the friends in my 3D life.

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WE grade your blog as TOPS! Great poem; many of us expand our circle of friends & knowlege with this wonderful machine!

Pigeon Falls ... this is getting even more exciting than the dragon episode!

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home