Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Weird Start for a New Day

Saying for the Day-Life is not painful, it's my resistance to life that causes me the pain. (Jean A.)

It was five o’clock this morning and I was sleeping soundly. That’s when my Bi-pap alarm went off. At first I didn’t know what was going on. It takes a little while to break into my sleep and bring me to a level of consciousness where I can comprehend what is going on. When I finally understood what was happening then I had to fumble around in the dark trying to find the button that turned the alarm off. With the button finally pushed and that infernal beeping stopped, I checked the time. Why I did that I don‘t know. But that‘s how I know what time it was. I knew of course that Betty was now also awake and that it was Wednesday. So I asked her “ Did you put out the garbage?” ( Last week she forgot) I’m not sure what she said in response since I didn’t have my hearing aid in, but I did notice she didn’t move.
Then I ran the required check. The alarm is supposed to go off if there is some threat to my breathing. So first I checked all the tubing. It was intact and tight. The breathing mask seemed to be on properly. It looks like a false alarm. So I started the Bi-pap up again and tried to go back to sleep.
At ten to six I awoke to find my wife going to put out the garbage. She hadn’t gone earlier because we are in the midst of a winter storm and she was afraid the wind would blow the cans over.
I got up and came to the computer room where weather bug informed me it was –16 degrees outside and with the wind chill was –30 degrees.
At that point Maggie got into the computer room. I didn’t shut the door. She didn’t even bring me something to drink like the dogs in the alps. So there I was hollering “ Maggie get out” and Maggie ignoring me as usual. I am definitely not the alpha dog.
All I can say is I hope the rest of the day goes better.
But tomorrow you get to read the elf tale of the Ugly Witch.

News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is just a little strange. People in Pigeon Falls are very much afraid that some not too bright general is going to drop an Atomic bomb on them to save them from the trees. They hope that some semblance of reason will prevent that from happening. But they are not confident because they are dealing with the government and the military neither known for their ability to reason.
Tommy UK has given up trying to convince Eino that Charlie is the “ pure of heart one” from the driblet. So he is taking his case to Charlie’s mother.
He explains to her that someone who is pure of heart has to have honest and simple desires, no duplicity. That fits Charlie.
Mrs. Hansen agrees that that describes Charlie.
With a person who is pure of heart there is no deception.
Mrs. Hansen agrees that that describes Charlie.
A person who is pure of heart has no hidden agenda, no ulterior motives.
Mrs. Hansen agrees that that describes Charlie.
The person who is pure of heart acts toward others with consistent kindness.
Mrs. Hansen agrees that that describes Charlie.
The person who is pure of heart always strives to do what is right.
Mrs. Hansen agrees that that describes Charlie.
“So”, Tommy UK concludes “ Charlie is the pure of heart one that can save us.”
“ I can’t let Charlie take the risk of being hurt” she said” He has suffered enough already.”
Will Mrs. Hansen change her mind? Who is this pure of heart one? Will he save Pigeon Falls? Why not just ask Charlie? Will Charlie be knocked unconscious like the others? Could Tommy UK be right? And of course Is Tommy UK really the undertaker’s kid?
*******

Today's Link-Life in Black and White- A Squirrel story worth reading.
Well the day started down and didn't go up much from there. In the morning I printed my November blog entries to mail to my sister and use up the last of the ink in my computer. Then in the afternoon Betty and I set ourselves the task of removing on e printer and putting in a new wireless printer available to everybody in the house.First we had to sort through a jungle of cords to remove the old one. Then we added the new one following the instructions with great care. However, it seems my old computer was missing a program from Microsoft and the entire thing crashed. Then had to uninstall all that was installed go to Microsoft and download the program I( needed . Install it. Then reinstall the printer program which I just finished. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

7 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

So Mrs. Hansen is more worried about Charlie getting hurt by a tree than having an atom bomb drop on Pigeon Falls.

Tommy UK needs to volunteer to go first before Charlie.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wonder what it would be like here in Indiana where it is now 9 degrees, if global warming hit?

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here in Hawaii the sun is shining, the birds are singing and I am barefoot and in shorts. Life is rough. Sigh.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Glad to hear that it only seemed to be false alarm and you were able to get more sleep. Today is my day off and it took a lot to get out of a warm bed. We are very cold and it is supposed to last for a bit longer.

It is -26° C -15° F, cold by any standard. It is the Weekend before we are supposed to be warmer at a balmy -10° C.

I think Quilly should bottle and send the tropical breezes to us.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

I feel bad for Charlie's mother. That would be a tough decision to make.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I hope they figure out who can save them soon.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i love the tittle of your post. that is about the simplest and more straight forward way to describe life..

glad the alarm was a false one..kids go back to school tomorrow, it will have warm up enough..with the windchills we were up to -49 for a bit there..brrr...to cold for us..

keep warm. hugs. hi to Betty.

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home