Monday, January 21, 2008

They LOST

Saying for the Day: You haven't won until the game is over.

The Packers lost.
They Lost.

I don’t know why.

We wore our lucky Packer stuff.
It was cold enough.
We really wanted them to win.
My son went to the game.

But the Packer’s lost.
They lost.

In overtime yet.
Beaten by a kicker who wasn’t that good.

It’s over.
The Super bowl dreams are smashed.

The Packer’s lost.

Next year is so far away.
But it’s all we have now.

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is just a little strange. The little town if Pigeon Falls is devastated. Not only are they surrounded by hostile trees, not only are they running out of food, not only are there not enough places to take a bath, not only is the outside world ignoring them but their Packers lost. That’s right the mighty Green Bay Packers lost. One can not begin to describe the feeling of despair that has come over the town. Not even the best saffron bun and greatest cup of coffee could cheer them up. They can’t have those because Nancy is stuck in Iron Mountain and can’t get in because of the trees.
They have tried burning the trees, cutting the trees, and even blowing up the trees but nothing has worked. If this is a war the trees are winning.
Nancy has talked Dr. Fortress into letting her come with him in the helicopter to see first hand what is happening in Pigeon Falls. Her husband Tommy TW is off on a book signing tour and won’t be back until Friday.
Petrovich is making up a list of possible pure of heart candidates. There is the Priest and the two Pastors , of course. There is old Mrs. Hendrickson who is the nicest person in town and has never said a mean word to anybody. That’s about the list but he is going to ask the clergy for their suggestions as well.
Now they have to find the tree with the big hole and the box.
*****

Today's Link-Mistakes in Motherhood- Beautiful birth video ( but nothing graphic)
Well I have recovered from the shock of the Packers loss. I spent the day trying to make sure my track order would be shipped. It only took three calls. I did a little cleaning in the basement. Betty went and did some grocery shopping. Then I worked on the computer. All my links got visited and I started cleaning up things on the blog. Now I need a breathing treatment
GBYA

11 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

What a game. I wonder how many of those players ended up with frostbite.

Not enough room to take a bath? How is Dr. Fortress going to get in with his helicopter?

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about the Packers. Any chance the trees around Pigeon Falls are Ash trees? I could ship them some emerald ash borers, whip that forest right in shape.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Boo! I was rooting for them. Then again I was also rooting for the Chargers. Good thing I don't bet.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Yeah but we had a great season!!!!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I first thought it would be Manning vs Manning for the SB. But I have always been a closet Packer fan. Oh well, like they say "any given Sunday..." At least you've been there. our Texans are stilling waiting...

9:07 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I am sooooooo sorry for you.

9:40 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

For every winner there has to be a loser. Seems we all enjoy winning and/oe supporting the winning team. But one thing is for sure, no one can always win.

The good news is that sometimes even losers get to win. But to live and never win, is like to live and never love. As the saying goes "better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all"

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beaten by a kicker who wasn’t that good. OC whole-heartedly agrees. I think. He was laughing at the irony of it, but I saw a glimmer of tears ....

2:32 PM  
Blogger Ruth W. said...

I'm bummed too, I was really hoping the pack would make it this year. Was a good fight.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

So you have to wait for the next Super Bowl. In Europe we are getting ready for the EURO 2008 football championship. I have not made up my mind yet for whom I will tremble.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

I saw that game. Brett and Co should have won that one.

It was still a good season though.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home