Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Suprise

Saying for the day:Humor is a spontaneous, wonderful bit of an outburst that just comes. It's unbridled, its unplanned, it's full of suprises. -- Erma Bombeck

I had a great blog entry all planned out in my head for today. I was going to get up early and put it all together. Then came the surprise. My son and his boys showed up for the weekend. That changes everything.
First I stayed up later than usual so I over slept this morning.
Second when I got up the boys were still sleeping. They sleep in the computer/guest room. So I couldn’t get to the computer.
When they finally did get up I had to take a little time to give them some advice, “ If an elf offers you a wish . Don’t take it!. It will backfire” . I thought they ought to know that . They gave me that ok grandpa, if you say so look and went over to Pennie’s side of the house where people are sane and breakfast is on the table.
So now I can use the computer but I can’t remember what I was going to write.
This is, of course, a big day. Pennie and Peter have wrangled tickets to the Packer playoff game and the rest of us will watch it on television. The family that screams together can’t be all bad.
Well I have to go and have breakfast at Pennie’s . I just thought of something else about elves that I should tell my grandsons. What else are grandparents for?

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal .Poor Tommy TW didn’t make it on to Letterman again last night. Again he was in that waiting room and again the show ran late and again he got cut. They were very, very apologetic and promised him they would get him on next Tuesday. They would even feature him. So he and Nancy are in New York for four more days.
Poor Pigeon Falls will have to do without a decent saffron bun for at least four days more. As far as that goes the quality of both the coffee and the cinnamon roles has also gone down hill. They really need Nancy.
Despite the fear of the coming plague today is a big day in Pigeon Falls. Almost everybody you see on the street is wearing the Green and Gold of the Packers. There are Packer parties all over town. The town’s cable system has added the game to its usual six channels .Well they think they have made the changes that will add the game. So people don’t have to go to the Fly Inn or know somebody with a dish.
If Green Bay loses that on top of the plague and lousy saffron buns is likely to bring on a community wide depression.
******

Today's Link-Sleeping Mommy- She reviews a book that sounds like good reading.
It was a great day. For the second day in a row breathing was good. I got to play with grandkids. We watched the Packers win. It was just a great day. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

9 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

Ooooo...a playoff game. I am jealous. Even if it isn't the Steelers.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind of game could a bunch of old cars play? Is it a crash derby?

I hate to report this, but my word verification is: uloze. Sorry.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I know a thing or two about elves myself and yes, you must never trust one. They are very very sneaky.

10:35 AM  
Blogger San said...

As a newcomer to your blog, I'm starting to get a feel for the blow-by-blow Pigeon Falls report. It's fun. Thank you.

Enjoy your weekend company. Great quote from Bombeck.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

I dont think I will ever be able to keep from associating green and gold together with the Packers --- no matter where I live.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

WHat a great family day...stories with Grandpa and breakfast at a favorite Aunts...no wonder they love to come and stay with you and Betty! It makes me smile from my heart.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

We're watching the game right now. 4:46 left in the 1st quarter.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

I watched the Packers play today.......and if I am not wrong, they were playing in the snow!! So I guessed they were playing in Green Bay and not Seattle, haha. They looked pretty cold to me. But Favre did a great job, don't you think?

11:20 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

A wonderful Blessed Sunday is wished for you Dr John as well as Betty and your family. I missed the game today as I was at work.

Stop by the blog and click on the link for "My Dad's Trains", I think you will enjoy the last couple of posts I have made.

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home