Friday, January 04, 2008

THe Dang Canary Blog

Saying for the day: This has got to be the best blog in the world or my name isn't ......."

-Sometime ago I checked at 100 best blogs and the rating for this blog was an 8.
That’s 8 out of a possible 10.
Hey ! You know and I know it should be at least a 9.5.

This is a great blog. A really great blog.

Of course since I blog every day there is bound to be one or even two blogs that fall a little below great but an 8.
The only thing I can think of is some people poofed in from blog explosion on the day of the Drunken Canary blog. Looking back I know that blog was a mistake. At the time though I thought it was pretty good. It was fairly funny until the bird got squished in the kitchen door and then it was filled with tear jerking pathos.

I showed have known it would fail when I gave it the Betty test. Every day when I finish writing the blog and running it through four different and distinct spell checkers I read the blog to Betty. She has three responses. If she laughs or cries so hard she almost falls off her chair I know it’s a Pulitzer prize winning blog ( if they gave Pulitzer prizes for blogs). If that doesn’t happen I ask her “What did you think” if she responds “yup” then I know it’s a quality blog and I should push the “publish the post “ button.

Sometimes when I ask the question she just sits and stares at me. If I had any sense I would bury that blog somewhere on the D drive and never look at it again.
Well the Drunken Canary blog got the stare. I should have dumped it. I know I should have. Well then why didn’t I?

Hey that blog , like all my blogs was my baby.
It was born in deep thought as I sat in the bathtub. It was shaped as I lay in bed in my breathing mask.
It was brought to life in the morning in the computer. I spell checked it.
You can’t just throw your baby to the D drive.
So despite Betty I pushed the publish the post button.

It was a mistake.

I love comments. I live for comments. But not like the 132 comments I got on that blog. They were all negative. Except of course from the 92 year old, motorbike riding , lady who said “ I like canaries”.

I didn’t know there were that many canary loving people in the world.
They accused me of defaming canaries . They accused me of being uncaring and having no empathy. They used words that can’t be used on a family blog like this one.
They made threats. It was almost as if I had taken a shot at the Prophet Mohammed
(which I would never, never do).
One nice old lady , I assume in real life she is nice, threatened to cut off my...." I didn't know nice old ladies even knew expressions like that.


The reason you can’t find the Drunken Canary blog among all my blogs today is because the comments were so bad I had to delete it.

To this day I still suffer from that blog. There are people who poof in from Blog explosion and see the title Dr. John’s Fortress and say to themselves “Isn’t that the blog that had that drunken canary entry”. Then they poof over to the alternate blog “ Joe’s cooking with Coco”. They would rather read about putting blueberries in Coco than go through the ordeal of another drunken canary.

Of course I haven’t thrown the blog away. I have it stored on my D drive under another name.
I’m going to fix it up and change the canary to a moose. Then if I can get it by Betty I’ll publish it again. Aside from my non President hating, computer loving sister how many moose lovers can there be?

If your wondering what Betty thought of this blog. I’ll let you know as soon as she stops staring at me.

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Letterman is back live and Tommy TW is getting ready to talk about his book on the show. He and Nancy have been watching lots of old Letterman broadcasts and paying attention to book authors. He has to remember to bring his book with him and to make sure it can be seen on camera. He has to be sure that Letterman doesn’t lead him somewhere else and leave the book behind.
Lots of local people have read the book. They keep asking Nancy if a particular character was modeled after them. Nancy has three basic answers. “ I don’t think so.”. “I don’t know”. And “ Definitely not”. Pigeon Falls people aren’t much for legal action but you can’t be too careful.
Tommy TW has given us a new detective hero, Dr. John Castle. Dr. Castle who is a famous New York detective is called back to Chicken Springs, his home town, to help solve a local murder. He is helped by an eighth grade boy who is always in trouble, son of the local preacher. At times Dr. Castle seems like a bumbling idiot and the boy seems to have all the smarts but as the book progresses one discovers that appearances can be deceiving.
****

Today's Link-Motherwise Cracks- A song for after the holidays
It was a hard breathing day after almost a month of good breathing. I took pictures of and listed three more items to eBay. One item after another they go. Betty took the last of our after Christmas cards to the Post Office. My sister Dawn called. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

9 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

There was a drunken canary blog?

John Castle, Joan Castle. Any relation?

5:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Now that you have gone through the canary episode, you have found that everyone has a cause!!! LOL!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

I work with several older ladies. You'd be surprised what phrases they know.

I don't know about comments, but I bet this post gets quite a few hits.

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know a true drunken canary episode that ends when the drunk -- not a canary -- trying to catch it steps on it. It is not a pretty story and I will never, ever tell it. I especially won't mention that same drunk chasing his grave robbing dog around the yard within moments of a very sad and moving Tweety funeral.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Someday I will post about the Drunken Crow episode in my life, that I vaguely remember but my dad telling me about. It involves innocent folks so like Jack Webb's Dragnet the names will be changed to protect the innocent.

A Blessed Day is wished for you and Betty.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

My Drunken Crow story is now up for you to read

enjoy

Blessings

Bill

11:42 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

With the Lord behind your thoughts and words any blog that you write would be wise and wonderful. I'm certain of it.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I want to read about the drunken canary, please. I promise not to say bad words.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

The drunken Moose blog? don't you remember Bullwinkle? We love moose, Rocky and Bullwinkle.....you are setting yourself up for more abuse......haha

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home