Wednesday, January 02, 2008

A New Year of blogs.

Saying for the day:Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire; you will what you imagine; and at last you create what you will.George Bernard Shaw

It is the second day of the year 2008. In front of me are 354 empty blogs that I will have to fill as the year goes on. That assumes I won’t break any or lose any along the way. That’s a lot of blogs.
It therefore behooves ( nice word) me to do some advance planning. What should I put in the blogs?
To be honest with you I don’t have a clue. Should I write :
philosophical blogs?
religious blogs?
funny blogs?
cute blogs?
family story blogs?
family history blogs?
cute family history blogs?
cute funny family blogs ?
funny philosophical blogs?
political blogs?
fantasy blogs?
political fantasy blogs ( the Republican gets elected)?
family fantasy blogs ( I get elected President) ?
gourmet food blogs ( the wonder of ham and jam)?
art appreciation blogs ( picture my daughter drew in Kindergarten) ?
heart rending blogs ( the ongoing struggle of a poor old man in a hostile world)?
hobby blogs ( how model trains can change your life)?
helpful blogs ( ten tips on selling junk on eBay)?
So many choices. I think I shall take them one day at a time.
Today’s blog isn’t even on the list.
It’s a blog about the blog.
Imagine that!
#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Lots of excitement New Year’s Eve in Pigeon Falls. Over one hundred people gathered in front of the Masonic building to watch the egg drop. If the Big Apple can have its big apple Pigeon Falls can have its big pigeon egg. The egg was hung high above the Masonic building and was designed to fall all the way to the ground. At midnight oit was to begin its descent and then slowly come down until it was half way then it was supposed to open and hundreds of coupons were supposed to drop out. They were for 50% off on one item in stores like Target, Menards, Home Depot, ShopKo in Marquette and Iron Mountain. Greedy people stood ready to get their share. That’s the way it was supposed to happen.
But at midnight things didn’t go the way they were supposed. Just as the egg started down the cable snapped. The egg began to plummet toward the street. It looked like somebody was going to get hurt. Then suddenly, it stopped. It just hung there in the air supported by nothing. The world’s first gigantic floating pigeon egg. Then it opened on the top instead of the bottom and the coupons flew up into the air and were carried off into the woods. After that the egg slowly descended to the street. It had to be Nancy’s poltergeist.
What a way to begin the New Year. Bob Maki said it was exciting but it would have been even better if he had gotten one of those coupons. At least they have a story to tell the grandkids.
****
Today's Link-Surviving NJ- Poor lady starts the year out in pain.
A fairly good day today. My oxygen was a little down but not enough to worry about. I spent the day sorting items in the basement to sell on eBay. I got seven units ready. Then I typed ( forever) to enter them for sale. Now I wait. Little by little the G scale trains are going. It still is a bit sad . Like selling off piece of a dream. Betty spent the day cleaning. The new TV comes tomorrow and she wants the house clean when they bring it in. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

7 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Could be that Pigeon Falls needs an eggsorcist.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Are you sure Pigeon Falls isn't in the Twilight Zone?

As for the blog- all of them as your mood strikes you.

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL @ Jan!

Dr. John, I am looking forward to at least one blog in each of those categories!

10:57 AM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

More blogs about blogging... haha! I agree with Quilly.. I would like to see at least one blog from each of the said categories of blogs.

That would be "blog-tastic!"

8:52 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

It behooves me to say that we'll like them all.

4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about all of the above? Maybe even tell us where the politicians actually stand on REAL issues!

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the mention of my blog. Enjoy the new TV. Interesting story...

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home