Saturday, January 19, 2008

Snow and Cold and Me

Saying for the day:Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough. Earl Wilson

I am beginning to think Global Warming might be a good thing. This winter we have had a lot of snow and cold. More snow and cold than I wanted ( well I wanted none so any is more). There was a brief little period when we saw the grass but then came the latest snow fall followed by more cold. Here is a picture of my son Peter cleaning off the roof of the house after the last snowfall.
Ok! It isn’t really. But it could have been. It really is a picture from a place near Crystal Falls where I used to live. I got it by visiting Lois’s Blog. She has lots of winter pictures.
I would move to Florida but I don’t want to exchange blizzards for hurricanes. So I guess I’ll just have to put up with the white stuff and the cold till Global Warming kicks in.

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal . After Petrovich’s latest driblet and being trapped in town by the trees the people of Pigeon Falls are really depressed. Not even a good cup of coffee and a great saffron bun can cheer them up.It is doubtful that even a Green Bay win on Sunday will cheer them up but it would help a little.
The bartender at the Fly Inn has set up a “ Reason to Drink List” on the wall of the bar. So far the reasons are as follows.
1. You are stuck in Pigeon Falls with nothing to do.
2. They are out of Miller Lite
3. The chance of finding somebody in this town that is “ pure of heart “ is nill.
4. Nobody has found the tree with the hole and the box.
5. They are going to run out of food.
6. Nancy is stuck in Iron Mountain and can’t get back in so the saffron buns will never be really great.
7. Petrovich and his bloody driblets give you a pain.
8. Your tired of Eino trying to explain everything.
9. Its cold.
10. We are all doomed.
He will add to the list as new reasons to drink become available. The most depressing thing of all but he won’t add it to the list is that eventually they will run out of booze.
*****
Today's Link-Dad2Twins- Come celebrate with him two years of blogging.
Not a bad day. The oxygen was up. I talked to my son Peter. Betty found a reset switch on one of the outlet boxes and that solved that problem. I cleaned up a great deal of junk in the basement. we have a non working dehumidifier left by the former owner that the garbage won't take. I don't know what we will do with it. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning, Betty & John,

It's a bit cool here in Florida this morning. It may even rain. We were able to golf yesterday, but not today. Are Peter & Pennie going to the Packer game? If so, dress for the weather. We plan on watching it on TV. Safe & warm. We'll head back north when the snow disappears.

Sue

5:42 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

We dont have that much snow here, but the south still "calls".

Cant they make booze out of trees? And seeing as the trees regenerate themselves, the townsfolk will have an endless supply.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Lance said...

Hey Thanks for making me Link of the day!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

So far I have 6 of 10 of those reasons to drink. I better get started.

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. John -- bad news. OC, having read your post, said there is a good chance that all the changing wind and water currents being caused by global warming might actually leave your corner of the planet -- and all along the easter seaboard, colder. This will likely be a temporary condition, but it will last long enough to make your neighborhood really chilly for a long while.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

We got one tiny little inch of snow and it was gone by 2pm. The kids were hoping for more. supposed to get down tgo 17 tonight.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Cheerio said...

You got me there at first. I really thought it was true. I thought there was a machine that blows out all the snow. Ha ha ha!

3:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so worried about the people of pidgeon falls...they need a miracle quickly!

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home