Sunday, January 13, 2008

Thanks for family

Saying for the day: This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it" the Bible

I am a bit late again this morning as I had to wait for my grandchildren to get up. Our computer room is also our guest room.
Now I have just a short time to get ready for Church so I need to keep this short.
I am thankful this morning that God has given me two families. The family that I am related to by genetics and the family of brothers and sisters in Christ. Both bring great joy to me but in different ways.
This morning I will sing Jesus loves me with the Church family. We will share and feel the love of God pouring over us. I look forward to that.
Then this afternoon the other family will gather and we will watch a football game that we hope Dallas will lose. There will be laughter and story telling and everything that goes with family.
God has indeed been good to me.

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal . There is a joyful mood in Pigeon Falls today. The big win of the Packers has everybody excited. They have put aside for the moment the prophecy of Petrovich and his driblet. They are ignoring the fact that you can’t get a decent saffron bun or a good cup of coffee. The Packers won and that’s all that counts. All around the town are green and gold signs that say things like “Go Pack Go” or” We love our quarterback” or “ Onward to the Super Bowl”.
There will be gatherings all over town to watch the Dallas game.
Pastor Joan has a surprise of her own for the congregation. She called Nancy and got the recipe for saffron buns. Then she and some ladies from the church made a huge batch for today’s church coffee. They tested a couple and they are as good as Nancy’s or almost as good. You can’t beat the church coffee. It’s really special coming from Latin American cooperatives.
This looks likes its going to be a great day in Pigeon Falls. The only odd thing is that several people coming in to church felt that the trees were closer to the road. The engineer on the morning train felt the trees were closer to the track. Eino says its just winter and snow making things look different.
*****

Today's link-Orthodoxy Hunter- A Woman looking for right belief.
Well the day didn't go as planned. Pennie got back from Green Bay where she stayed the night because the road was so bad. She said our road was like glass so we didn't get the church. Otherwise we had a great day. I played with my grand kids. Dallas lost. The next playoff game will be in Green Bay. Life is pretty good. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

8 Comments:

Blogger Nessa said...

The Packers didn't just win, they WHUMP!

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow my comment disappeared.

Pray for me today - the cold / sinus infection is hitting us again with a vengeance.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yesterday's word verifier lied to me! Can you believe it?

9:44 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Looks like Petrovich missed the part about the trees. What else did he miss?

10:30 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

A Blessed Sunday is wished for you and all your family Dr John. Enjoy your fellowship with Jesus in the Morning and then with your family in the Afternoon.

If you get a chance stop by the latest blog, there is a link I want you to click on in the post, it will take you to a place that can only be remembered in memories or pictures

God Bless

12:43 PM  
Blogger Ruth W. said...

Dr John..I am about the worst person when it comes to commenting on blogs, but I do read yours daily and truly enjoy it.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Dr. John, God is indeed good to you. My little grandson tried to phone me last night and again today, and his mother won't let him speak to me. Perhaps you can pray to heal her troubled soul so that she does not behave this way any longer. It makes me so sad.

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO HAPPY TO HEAR THAT LIFE IS SO GREAT FOR YOU & YOUR FAMILY! You are an inspiration.
Pleased to hear that Pigeon Falls is on the list of Packer Fans. I should give them the recipe for my Grandmother's saffron coffee cake ... sorta like a pound cake.

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home