Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Blog Awards

Saying for the Day:“I'll take any trophy. I don't care what it says on it.” Mary-Louise Parker

My little blog has received three more prestigious awards:

The “E for excellent award.”
Presented by Cindy.




And the “You make my Day award”
Presented by Josie.




And the “great Blog Award”
Presented by Alstair ( some time ago)

The question is what should I do with these and the other wonderful awards the blog has received.

I have decided to build an award room just off the blog. I’ll put a doorway in the margin so you can come and admire them.

Everyday I will polish them.

When I am sad. When this elementary school level blog gets me down I will go and just look at them. They will lift my spirits. They will remind me of the wonderful people this blog has met.

It will take a few days but you can look for it.

####News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is just a little strange. General Fredrick R. Bosley made a surprise visit to the tree this morning. Two of his soldiers were sound asleep but one was keeping watch. The General wanted to know why the soldier was standing twenty feet away from the tree instead of in front of it.
“You know ,General. The men from Homeland Security warned us” the soldier responded.
What men ? They don’t get here until Thursday
Right, It must have been this bad dream I had that warned me about radiation”.
“Soldier that box better be there untouched or …
The General races to the tree and looks in. “ Your in luck soldier the box is still there and unmoved. Now do your job. If anybody moves that box we could all get blown up.”
With that the General strode off.
This top secret stuff, need to know stuff, is a pain. He knows they were here. He knows about the explosives. But he has to pretend they never came and we have to pretend they never came. How stupid is that?” Private Bob Ornwell said to his buddies.
Shut up and don’t talk about it or we’ll end up in Afghanistan “, one of them responded.
Tommy UK was meeting at this time with Petrovich to explain to him what they intended to do and to make sure he was with them. It was essential to the plan that the General arrive at the Petrovich house at 5:30 tomorrow afternoon in full dress uniform. Petrovich said that he could make a few calls and guarantee that this would happen.
Soon thereafter the General got a call from Homeland Security directing him to meet with Petrovich at 5:30 the following day in full dress uniform. He was reminded that the website kept by Petrovich was the reason he was there. He needed to find out all he could about this Petrovich character.
Does Tommy UK really have a plan? Is the tree really full of explosives? Will the General go blind for looking into the tree without shielded glasses? What influence does Petrovich have at Homeland Security? And of course is Tommy UK really the undertaker’s son?
******

Today's Link-A Mind Forever Voyaging- She is going to make him well.
A good day. In the morning the secretary sent me the rest of what I needed for St. Mark's website and I have that done for the week. Then I went downstairs and Betty and I got the primary ramping done for the new part of the layout. I shouldn't say done because it isn't screwed down yet. But all the track except a small piece in the corner is ready. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

6 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

I think the General would do best to assign the troops to guard Petrovich instead of the tree. I think Petrovich is the dangerous one here.

BTW, how did the army get in? I thought the trees had grown so close together that no one could get in or out? Secret tunnel somewhere?

5:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, you took the what level is my blog test! I think they just randomly assign those Dr. John, your blog is at least High School. That's a good thing, more people can come here and understand what they're reading!

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those awards couldn't have gone to a more deserving blog -- or man.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Got your trophy case ready? Here in Texas we don't want any troops or any fence to divide the countries. We may have to secede from the union, again.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Congratulations! You deserve them all.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Doctor John ..you are most deserving of all the awards you have recieved! Ill look forward to seeing your new room!

2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home