Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday with Grandkids

Saying for the day- Haste makes for bad writing and poor blogging.

I have to keep this short this morning. My grandkids slept in the computer room and so I am late getting to the computer. Soon we have to leave for Church.
My grandkids are coming with us. That’s a good news. I love to share what is really important to me with my grandchildren. St. Mark’s is an important part of my life.
I hope Pastor Stein has a good children’s sermon today.

####News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is just a little strange. Petrovich left for Green Bay last night so he can worship today at the Russian Orthodox Church there . He says he has much to be thankful for.
Pastor Joan is happy to have Last Lutheran back. No more people sleeping in the basement. No more mass meals to feed. Today there will be just the service and the coffee. She is preaching on the temptation of Jesus in the wilderness. One suspects there will be a lot of thankful people attending.
Jack’s Sauna is closed again and shouldn’t be opened till Jack returns in the Spring but in Pigeon Falls you never know for sure what tomorrow will bring.
Tommy UK is the acolyte at Last Lutheran this morning. He looks great in his red robe. He seems to enjoy the duty. Pastor Joan has taken to checking the candles when Tommy UK is acolyting. She doesn’t want any surprises. She still remembers the candle that exploded.
Our Poltergeist and Dragon haven't been seen for a long time. One wonders what has happened to them.
Will the dragon ever return. Where is the poltergeist? Can Tommy UK behave himself or does Last Lutheran have a surprise or two coming? And of course is Tommy UK really the undertaker’s kid?
*****

Today's link-Kirchenmusik ( relating Christianity to aesthetics) A quick look at a hymn.
It was indeed one of those special days. I took the grandkids to St,. Marks. Pastor Sein had a great children's sermon. The children's choir sang. It was very good and they seemed to enjoy. In the afternoon they worked on some school assignments. Pat and Curtis took down our Christmas tree. Then we played canasta. Alex and I won. After they left we played three handed canasta and I won. Not a bad day. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

3 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

So happy your grandkids are over..happy for all of you.

I hope todays breathing goes smoothly.

Happy Sunday.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Yeah, and what about the white rabbit?

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps the dragon and the poltergeist were afraid of the trees?

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home