Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Watch out for Exploding Gumballs


Saying for the Day-The greatest danger of bombs is in the explosion of stupidity that they provoke.Mirbeau, Octave


As if you didn’t have enough to worry about with exploding buildings
Three aldermen in Dover, N.J., seem exceptionally apprehensive that the town's gumball machines are easy targets for terrorists to poison their community and have been studying the issue zealously since April. The aldermen have checked all 800 gumball machines in the town of 18,000, gotten rid of the 100 that were unlicensed, and will report to the mayor by Jan. 1 on the town's vulnerability. (The mayor has been mildly supportive of the project, as contrasted with the police chief, who said, "You'd probably win the lottery first" before being victimized by terrorists' gumballs.)
Think of that the next time you go shopping and pass one of those cute machines.

News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Pigeon Falls is ready for its next big community festival which will take place tonight. Today is officially “ The Day of the Exodus”. Hunter’s will be arriving in Pigeon Falls and departing to “ Hunting Camps”. There will be a great big Hunter’s Meal at the Masonic Hall. The best roast beef anywhere. The two variety stores will be selling bullets and maps. The Fly Inn will do record business. They will even have the Liar’s Club 64 piece band play. It will be one fun day.
The festivities will continue on Saturday with the “ Wives Revolt”. Dr. Fortress has scheduled a special train to Green Bay and buses to take them to shopping centers once they are there. They will be hunting but not for deer.
Even Last Lutheran Church is taking part and calling Sunday “ The First Sunday after the Exodus”. That’s one you don’t find in the usual liturgical calendar.
Nancy’s poltergeist has entered into the fun and is spelling out Good Luck with the Christmas lights.
One of the local farmers has sprayed the deer that have been causing him problems with red paint. He is offering a reward to any hunter that kills one of those deer. The DNR won’t let him shoot them outside of hunting season and he can only shoot one during. But he has painted them all.
****

Today's Link-The Bayer Family Blog- Some parent has smart kids.
Well this was another really dull day. I worked on the computer. I visited blogs ( they weren't dull) , I worked a little in the basement, I watched the dog sleep ( now you know it was dull) and I checked my eBay items. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

8 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Smart farmer.

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The men worried about the gumballs have teenagers with braces, don't they?

8:28 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Oh my, gum ball machines have gone the way of restaurant supplied toothpicks and after dinner mints.

Oh the humanity.

Have you heard about Conneticut's Cupcake Wars?

They are banning cupcakes from kids and schools.

(sigh)

The Evil Cupcakedness seems to be killing us.

(double sigh)

8:49 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I be more worried about someone putting something in the drinking water than putting poison in the gumball machines.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I think that the only thing likely to blow up involving a gum ball machine would be bubbles.

1:18 PM  
Blogger BBC said...

Hi Doc, hows it going little buddy? I think you have been eating some of those gum balls. And whacking off your brain to much, and maybe something else. He, he, he.

Don't you be trying to tell me about Jesus or Christ, I know him better than you do, I was him, am him.

And I'm still just as cranky about the world as I was back then. I'm also still just as much fun if you get, and some do. :-)

Hugs baby.

2:07 PM  
Blogger -atomik kitten said...

It wasn't my PCP - it was the ER doc that did it. I've had the same PCP (aside from when my husband was in the air force and we were out of state) since I was 8.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I never know what I'm going to find when I click on your blog.

It's probably the first time in the history of the world, the words, "Watch out for exploding gumballs" have actually been strung together to form a sentence.

Heh, heh.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home