Sunday, November 04, 2007

Congratulations Annettee and Jeffery

Saying for the day:A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.Mignon McLaughlin:

When I first started blogging I found a blog called “ Show Them Through Me “. It was a Christian witness in the midst of all the other stuff on the web. It was done by a lady named Annette Burkette. Soon after I started reading her blog she fell into hard times. Life became really difficult and she quit blogging. The good news that during all the rough times she never left go of God and he never left go of her. So she is back and I made her the link for the day.
She is not one of those high pressure Christians. Instead she works a little C.S. Lewis and a little St. Augustine in with some helpful advice on living.
Today by the grace of God she is getting married. She is becoming Mrs. Jeffrey Lee Beason .
I am so happy for her.


Congratulations Annette and Jeffery.



Stop by her blog and wish her well.

.@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. A number of people showed up at Last Lutheran Church an hour early today because they forgot to change their clock last night. Pastor Joan had coffee ready for them. It happens every year. Of course, it’s better than spring when they show up an hour late. One poor fellow showed up an hour early last week. He has an old computer and it had the old ending date built in. It’s confusing enough moving the clock forward and back but when they move the starting or closing dates around that’s too much.
Pastor Joan is preaching on the God who is always there for us no matter what time we are on. This God calls us to use our time in the service of others.
Yesterday Petrovich presented the town with a check for $1000 on behalf of Mrs. Trumble. She earned the check by defeating the Lightning Lady wrestler. But she didn’t want it so Petrovich gave it to the town.
Petrovich has also set up a scholarship fund open to any student going to college who will have a major in language study. It is a very generous scholarship.
*****

Today's Link-Show Them Through Me-She's getting married today. Stop and congratulate her.
It was one of those days. It started out well. The church service was fine, the sermon okay, the solos great. But then we came home. Pennie had trouble getting the paint sprayer together to paint the back fence. The dog , which we just had ghroomed, came in having rolled in mud and was dirt from one end to the other. I cut the pieces to make a tunnel entrance for the layout and went to nail them together and the nailer quit working. I had to take it apart and make some minor repairs. Betty painted the sides that were to be the inside of the tunnel black and when I did the final nailing I nailed the black side on the outside. I brought up track and some railroad cars to sell on eBay only to find out some of the track was of the wrong type. I went to turn on a light to take pictures of the cars and hit the wrong switch and our cable went out. No big thing but just lots of little irritations. But this is the day the Lord has made and I will be glad and rejoice in it. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

5 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Doesnt Petrovich have a driblet about turning the clocks back?

Awake
Awake
I cannot sleep
But my clock says I should be asleep.
Oh woe. The coffee is not brewing.
Wait
Wait
I see the spiritual woman in robes pouring water.
What can this mean?
I must go back to sleep.
Oh woe is me.

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hawaii -- where the clocks never have to be reset and neither does my internal schedule.

I am glad to hear Annette is doing well. I'll pop by and say hey.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I hate days like that....I feel like going back to bed and starting all over. I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

it's monday am and i just read this. how beautiful that she is full of joy and with peace in her heart. how beautiful that you are so happy for her. how beautiful that she never let go of God and she was able to get through the rough parts. How beautiful what you said of what it takes to have a successful marriage. I have just heard this this wknd. How true it is. If i could only tell you..

I send you my hugs and my love from us all here.

5:43 AM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Grandma used to say, "well I guess I must have gotten out of bed on the wrong side." When she would have a day like that, me I just say, time to go back to bed, I shouldn't have gotten out at all. haha....

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home