Monday, October 29, 2007

Five things I like

SAying for the day:The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

I found this meme on Josie's blog .

Five smells I love ~
1) The smell of the woods in the Spring.
2) The smell of roses in the garden..
3)The smell of a Steam Train . You hardly get to smell that any more.
4) The smell of a new car.
5) The smell of saffron buns baking..

Five sights I love ~
1) Snow falling in a blizzard.
2) Movies and pictures of old steam trains..
3) Betty in any light..
4) Janvangogh’s paintings
5) My grandchildren playing.

Five tastes that I love ~
1) Chocolate. Anything chocolate. Dark, rich, chocolate.
2) Hot Cocoa and toast
3) Lemon pie.
4) Roast beef.
5) Saffron buns

Five sounds I love ~
1) The sound of rain pelting on my roof .
2) Anything by Gene Autry or Roy Rogers
3) A train whistle, way off in the distance, late at night.
4) The church choir
5) Betty laughing.

Five things I love to touch ~
1) The dog
2 ) Betty .
3) Model Trains.
4) My computer mouse.
5) Leather.

Now it's your turn. I would love to hear what your favorites are.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Eino has decided to quietly ask his FBI friend to do a background check on Petrovich. Petrovich showed up in Pigeon Falls a few years ago so he has no local history. He has an office but never seems to work. He has enough money to make trips to Russia and doesn’t seem to need anything. He has been on the edge of most of the strange things that have been happening in Pigeon Falls. So Eino wants to know more about him.
Tommy TW has the proofs for his novel and is going over them. Nancy is excited because soon “Murder in the Sauna” will be published. She has read it and says it is a great novel.
The consolidated school football banquet will be held Wednesday night. It doesn’t promise to be a time of rejoicing. How does one rejoice when you lost all your games and the coach resigned? But the banquet is a tradition so it will go on. Over at the Fly Inn some of the regulars are saying they should just have bread and water at the banquet because that’s all the boys deserve. That really isn’t fair since the boys played hard and really tried. Sometimes small towns forget these are just kids.
What will Eino discover? Does Petrovich have a checkered past? Where does his money come from? Will Tommy TW ever get his book published. Will the boys enjoy the banquet despite the loses? And of course is Tommy UK really the undertaker’s son?
******

Todays Link-She's Happy in the Sun- A defense of Facebook
A good day today. My oxygen was back up two points into the normal level. I spent most of the day working in the basement. Betty started putting plaster cloth on the mountain. It is coming along well. We tried to take some movies but first we had too little light and then we had so much it washed out. I unpacked HO cars getting them ready to sell. A lot of them seemed to have lost their wheels in storage. I brought up two more G scale cars and listed them on eBay. Little by little it all comes together. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

8 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

I like many of the sights and sounds that you do. Even the train whistle.

In fact just this morning I was saying that I've begun to appreciate the sound of our neighbor's Rooster in the mornings.

I'll have to do this one later today.

5:11 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Yay, finally someone is going to investigate Petrovich.

5:55 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Awww....I love the way you included Betty as a favorite in most catagories.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I also like the sound of rain especially when I am in the car.

11:33 AM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

I love that in this post and always it is clear that Betty is repeatedly the best thing in your life on earth. That's beautiful!
Hey, I like those new photos up on the left side. (New to me anyway. I didn't see them last time I was here.)
At last the colors down here in the lower peninsula are peaking. It's a beautiful autumn day.

12:27 PM  
Blogger J C said...

Yeah. Betty's your hunny, one can tell.

2:49 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

1) The smell of all fresh baking

2) The smile on everyone's face

3) Can't beat chocolate & cherries

4) The gentle rustle of leaves

5) The warm sun on my skin

ok just the top selection in each of the five groups, and there's so much more

3:41 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Oh, this is great. It's fun to see everyone else's lists.

Cheers,
Josie

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home