Ten More Internet Facts
Saying for the Day: Warning: the Internet may contain traces of nuts. ~Author Unknown
Ten Internet Facts
Things you wouldn’t know without the internet
1. A dead cat is a sign of good luck in many primitive societies.
2. You can make a pie that looks and tastes like apple by using steamed peaches and a little cinnamon.
3. Lionel sold more electric trains than any American manufacturer.
4. Donkeys kill more people than airplane crashes every year.
5. Ground bat wings can keep you from sneezing.
6. So called “ Yellow Fever” actually causes people to turn a sort of bluish color.
7. Ink for Ink Jet Printers which costs $.23 an ounce to make is sold to the printer owner at the cost of $50.00 an ounce or more.
8. There are more people killed by animals in zoos than in the wild.
9. In some African societies bald people are seen as cursed by the gods and are shunned.
10. Eating an apple a day has no real effect on your health.
The above ten facts are as accurate as any “internet facts”. They have not been researched but that doesn’t keep them from being true. I made nine of them up this morning but that doesn’t keep them from being true as I am very perceptive. One really is true. I checked. Can you guess which one?
@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal– Despite the funny weather the New Potatoes , the consolidated High School foot ball team went right on playing and losing. They have now lost seven games in a row. Local people are saying by the end of the season they will be able to change their name to Mashed Potatoes . Last year’s great season by the basketball team has been forgotten and the call to change the name is back. Every night at the Fly Inn the argument rages. “ What this team needs is a stronger name, like Big Wolves or Mountain Lions’ says Hank Barclate while he can still stand up. “Nah! They need a faster name like Running Deer or The Antelopes, Says Gerhard Maki who by the end of the night can hardly move. A bar, is of course, the place to decide on sports names. All the experts are there.
Nancy also hears her share of possible names but the people drinking her coffee are sober. In her shop names like “The Pioneers” or the “Lumberjacks” are suggested. They want non-Indian, non animal, non violent names.
So for the moment there is no community consensus and the team remains “New Potatoes”. The players have gotten used to it. What they need is not a new name but a new football coach. The only teacher willing to take the job and that after much arm twisting was Mr. Joshua Hicks who teaches history. He never played football in his life. Perhaps, he could get one of the experts from the Fly Inn to help him.
Today's Link-Yummy Down on This-Another person trying to lose weight.
Good breathing day. I went early to the basement and started laying track but then we couldn't find the last box of straight track so we are stalled. Betty went back to working upstairs and I started sorting G scale stuff for E-Bay. I posted two more railroad cars today. I had enough time to visit all my links but I had to skip my soaps. Now I need a breathing treatment.