Monday, October 22, 2007

Greatest Family in the World

SAying for the Day: When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses. ~Joyce Brothers

I have the most wonderful family in the world. I do!
First of all there is my wife Betty who is and has been my lover, my friend, my nurse, my driver, my cook, mother of my children and an inspiration in the faith. She is the closest thing to angel that a human being can be. Over all these years she has put up with my foolishness, my temper, and all my other failings ( too many to detail here). I can not imagine life without her.
Then there is my daughter Pennie. She lives in the other half of this duplex. She sold her house so we could buy this one because she knew we wanted to be near her and the boys. When we were in Crystal Falls she often drove up to give her mother a hand. Now she cuts the grass and goes shopping with Betty to those stores I would rather not go. There is no better daughter.
My sons Peter and Patrick visit often and do all the things that Betty and I can’t do. They never complain about the things we ask of them. Like Pennie they used to make the long drive up to Crystal Falls often. They celebrate their holidays with us . One could not ask for better sons.
My oldest sister calls every week to see how I am despite the fact that I haven’t always been nice to her. She is something special.
The only bad part of this family is me. That’s what makes it so wonderful. They still love me.
Imagine that. They love me.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.– The only reminder of the strange cold spell in Pigeon Falls is that there is still ice on the Lake of the Loons. It froze so deep during that time that it has only begun to thaw. If you go there you might see the strangest sight. There a couple of deer that seem to like sliding on the ice. They run as fast as they can onto the lake the stop short and slide. The thin layer of water on top of the ice makes it really slippery. The deer really seem to be enjoying the activity.
Jack’s Sauna is now back in operation and being well used. Jack figures business will even be better when Tommy TW’s book comes out. If “Murder in the Sauna” is a big seller Jack figures people will want to come and see the Sauna that was the inspiration for the book. He might even see if he can get Tommy TW to hold a book signing session in the Sauna ( well not the heated part).
Eino is still trying to find a reasonable explanation for Pigeon Falls little Fall Winter. Why did all the pigeons leave? Where did the deer go? These are questions he would like to get answered. None of it makes any sense. There has to be a rational explanation for all of it. So Eino is spending time doing research on the internet.
******

Today's Link-Part of the Process- A good guy with my gag reflex.
Aside from doing my blog entry this morning I spent the rest of the day in the basement. I finished three little tables so the base for the new layout is done. I began sorting my G scale cars to sell on E-Bay, every car a memory. Bertty went to the dentist. So I missed my soaps. I missed reading blogs, I missed playing with the dog. But I finished the tables. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

9 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

I love you. My family loves you. What a beautiful thing to love one another even though not one of us is near being perfect.

your family is a treasure for sure. i'm grateful for them myself, that they exist, that you have them and that you share them.

almost a perfect post Dr. John...you were right on until this sentence:

"The only bad part of this family is me"

what a wrong sentence..not one person anywhere would agree. You have more good and God in you in your one hand than most in their whole self..

Pls dom't be silly. You are worth all these wonderful people for you yourself are such a wonderful man.

God Bless to you and yours. Take care and have a good breathing day.

6:05 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Jack needs to invest in a few waterproof copies of Tommy's book.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

You are indeed a richly blessed man, Dr. J.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Family is the most important part of any life. Without family one is truly alone.

By reading this today I can feel the Love you have for your Family, and that Love is returned to you.

When we are younger we sometimes don't see this, but as we get older we realize how important the Family becomes.

I am so glad you have your Wonderful family just as I am so glad I have my Sister.

God Bless you Dr John and a wonderful week is wished for you and Betty

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can help Eino out with why the pigeons left. They left because it was too flippin' cold to stay!

You have one of the nicest families on record, Dr. John -- and that includes you.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Very sweet post.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

You are blessed- and thanks for reminding me just how blessed I am.

3:01 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Sonuds like a great family, still well-connected, roots in tact, branched entangled... just as it should be.

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The love that your family has for you and you for them is the way God intended the family unit to be. Sin has destroyed the love, sad to say.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home