Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Fast Forward from Ralph

Saying for the day: Half the modern drugs could well be thrown out the window except that the birds might eat them. ~Martin H. Fischer

As I took my morning pills I thought of this bit of poetry that Ralph sent me.

SPECIAL POEM FOR SENIOR CITIZENS!!

A row of bottles on my shelf
Caused me to analyze myself.
One yellow pill I have to pop
Goes to my heart so it won't stop.
A little white one that I take
Goes to my hands so they won't shake.
The blue ones that I use a lot
Tell me I'm happy when I'm not.
The purple pill goes to my brain
And tells me that I have no pain.
The capsules tell me not to wheeze
Or cough or choke or even sneeze.
The red ones, smallest of them all
Go to my blood so I won't fall.
The orange ones, very big and bright
Prevent my leg cramps in the night.
Such an array of brilliant pills
Helping to cure all kinds of ills.
But what I'd really like to know...........
Is what tells each one where to go!

There's always a lot to be thankful for if
you take time to look for it. For example
I am sitting here thinking how nice it is
that wrinkles don't hurt..

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and the snow is going.– It is forty degrees in Pigeon Falls this morning. Almost all of the snow is gone. The Lake of the Loons has begun to melt but there is a lot of ice there it may take two or three weeks unless the temperature really goes up. In any case the early winter has come to an end. The pigeons and deer are back in time for deer season. Life is back to normal.
Well not quite normal. Jack doesn’t have his Sauna up and running again yet. Wink’s Woods has a supply of Dragon Slayer bobble heads and sweaters. Mrs. Tumble has become an authentic folk hero. There are bits and pieces to remind the town of its long , early winter.
Yesterday another sign of normalcy as our friendly , local dragon flew up and down main street. People seemed happy to see it. But Mrs. Trumble, the Dragon Slayer herself, reminded them that the History channel said that Dragons for the most part were demonic.
People are still having mixed feelings about Petrovich. Is he the one who somehow made the long early winter happen or is he the one who saved them from it. Without him and his driblets there would have been no singer and no song. The town might still be freezing.
Tommy UK says he thinks there is a secret government research facility that is using Pigeon Falls as an experiment. They have chosen to end right at the moment it would look like the singing did it. Eino finds that to be a reasonable explanation.
*****

Today's Link-THe Greatest Blog in the Entire World- With a title like this it had better be good.
I had a great day today. The oxygen level was up again. I worked all day in the basement. I finished another small table and Betty and I got the framework done for another shelf which Pennie will help us put together tomorrow. Then I took a picture of one of my G scale engines and listed it on E-Bay. I also made a loaf od bread which turned out great. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

10 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

I am sure that Petrovich will be back with more trouble for Pigeon Falls. BTW, does anyone know just how he supports himself? Anyone ever see him buying a ticket to Washington DC? Tommy UK should tail him sometime just to find out where he goes -- maybe they will find that secret government facility.

5:36 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Ralph and Clair would be the best of friends if ever they met.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Ralph really knows how to find some good ones. Thanks for the morning laugh, Dr. John.

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very funny poem...my Pap could relate, his pills are a constant source of teasing around here.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Just wanted to say thanks, Dr. J. The snowman snow globe arrived yesterday. Very cute! I'd read your blog even without the prizes, but getting a box from the Fortress is fun. My daughter is always standing by, too, waiting to see what I won this time.

8:36 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

lol Dr John,
so you and ralph pop a tube of smarties before you start a day

And you expect kids not to eat too many sweets? - lol!

1:40 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Oh well,
I like a full english myself

Eggs (two fried) bacon (crispy) sausages (beef & herbs, or turkey) fried tomatoes, mushrooms and chips

NO bread (brown or white) and NO butter - I'm on a Diet.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Wrinkles only hurt if you are an American woman - or so the commercials say.

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All those pills -- he must rattle!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

*chuckle* wrinkles don't hurt. Oh, doesn't that give us something to be truly thankful for...!

Heh.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home