Saying for the Day: Information on the Internet is subject to the same rules and regulations as conversation at a bar. ~George Lundberg
Ten things we would not know without the internet.1. The DNA of the American housecat is closer to the DNA of the American Skunk than the African Lion.
2. Coors Beer was originally imported from Denmark.
3. Jack the Riper was a son of the King of England.
4. Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz wore silver slippers not ruby in the original book.
5. The Roman and Greek Gods were copied from the Egyptians.
6. American Indians migrated here from what is now Mexico.( The original wetbacks)
7. Gravel got its name because it was often used to fill graves.
8. Allah is a corruption of the term “All The” which meant “everything” and hence came to be the name of God.
9. Pottery found at American Indian gravesites has symbols on it that look like Chinese.
10. The first American serial killer came over on the Mayflower.
What would we do without our internet ?
@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life goes on. It snowed in Pigeon Falls last night and the temperature is still zero.
Tommy Lorry, Captain of the New Potatoes football team, says that if they would let him he would wrestle the lightning lady. He is tired of playing football in the snow. Age requirements prevent him from entering the match in Marquette but he wants to know where the men are.
Vicki East is working on a new song. She says it came to her in a dream in which this man in a long robe talked to her in a language she couldn’t understand. But somehow she knew he wanted her to write a song. So she is spending all her free time working on it.
The DNR plan to save the fish in the Lake of the Loons seems to be working. The ice stopped freezing and the fish they have caught seem healthy.
Tourists continue to flood in and spend money. The milk train has put on three extra passenger cars and called it ride to Winter. People love it. Dr. Fortress, owner of the Money Pit and Cash Loss railroad says a few more weeks like this and the railroad could break even for a change. He’ll even bring in your snow mobile.
Today's Link- Up in Alaska- It was time for something from Alaska besides she likes winter.
Hard breathing day today.Got some things done on the computer. Went downstairs and did some planning for the new layout. Betty and I put up another shelf. Now I need to build some more substructure for the new layout. I guess its time for a breathing treatment.