Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The Other Contest

Saying for the day- You can't win if you don't play.
Don't forget our other contest. Guess the date on which I publish my 953 blog entry and win a train. Below are the contestants for October and the open dates.
Below that November's entries. Remember you must be the first one to choose the date.

October
2-Nessa 3- 4- 5- 6- 7- 8- 9- 10- 11- 12- 13-Nessa
14- 15- 16- 17- 18- 19-Quilly
20- 21- 22-
23-Margaret 24-Margaret 25-Margaret
26-Margaret 27-Margaret 28– Practical Chick– Margaret
29- 30- 31-

November

7-Margaret 11-Old Fart
15-Nancy 17-Quasar 9, Stacy, Practical Chick

Other entries
December 12– Javanagogh December 24– Nessa
January 9-Kat

Every day we get one entry closer. It may be that one of the above has already won. But then it might not.

Enter Today.


@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and it still snows every day.-The temperature in Pigeon Falls is staying at zero and there was a light dusting of snow again last night. It seems even Global Warming can’t touch this island of winter.
The cold weather is good for coffee and soup sales. Nancy has been really busy. She is selling a great homemade onion soup. It is a recipe she learned from her mother years ago. Her mother won first prize with it at the soup cooking contest at the county fair. You can’t get soup like that from a can. Not even from a can with cute kids on it. After a cup of Nancy’s coffee, a bowl of her soup, and a saffron bun one forgets how cold it is.
The town keeps adjusting to conditions as they are. If the fat lady don’t sing or any lady of power for that matter there are plans in the works for a big winter carnival. They would close off main street and flood it for skating. The Methodist ladies would sell hot pasties and Last Lutheran would sell hot soup. There would be music and contests , a true October Winter Festival. But the plans are , of course, conditional upon winter remaining. One begins to think that if some of these people knew who should sing they would get her a ticket to Florida.
Petrovich continues to study the documents in the hope that he can help find the singer. Some people hold him responsible for the weather. He is not the most popular man in town. For that reason he seldom leaves his office. When he isn’t trying to better understand the driblets he is writing a history of the Russian Monk whose visions, now written up in the driblets, would seem to apply to Pigeon Falls.
*****

Today's Link-The Five Minute Rule- An entry about canned soup.
An interesting day. I finished visiting and commenting on the links. Though I think I missed one. At noon we went and got my hearing aid. I have a week to use it and then they will adjust it. It helps in some areas but not in others. I wrote a contest entry. Remember in the contest above there is only one entry per day. You can enter more than once but only once a day. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

7 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

How about October 31. Halloween would be a great day to win a Christmas train.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

I think Petrovich should employ Tommy UK to understand the driblets. Tommy seems to be wise beyond his years.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nail biting suspense this contest!

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I didn't know multiple guesses were allowed! I will take October 17 and 18, too, please!

And are you telling me that the people of Pigeon Falls think Petrovich can control the weather? Shouldn't they be petitioning God?

9:32 AM  
Blogger Neoma said...

I don't think I am understanding the rules of this game. It looks like Margaret has picked six or seven different days..???? Well then, I pick them all....haha

How about Nov. 8th.....if two people pick the same day, do we split the train in half?

9:50 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Cool, I'll pick another day - Oct. 29. Although I'm fairly certain the 25th is the lucky day. =O)

1:44 PM  
Blogger -atomik kitten said...

October 11 - my mother's birthday

What do you mean I was coaxing the dog? He was drooling on my floor.

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home