Saturday, September 29, 2007

Over Again

Saying for the day- Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown

A long time ago Betty and I went to England. We left our kids with my parents.While we were gone Pennie, who was just a baby, got sick. My parents (ie. My mother) had to take her to a doctor.
Now we are babysitting while my son and his wife have gone to Denver. So, of course , history repeats itself and my granddaughter gets sick and we (ie. Betty) had to take her to the doctor.
Pennie survived and so has Bree. But I discovered that it is harder on the grandparents to have a sick child than the parents. They were entrusted to us by their parents. We wanted to be worthy of that trust.
There is one difference between our trip and theirs. We didn’t know Pennie had been sick until we came home and my mother gave us a blow by blow description of what had happened. Peter, given the miracle of cell phone, called every night and knew everything that was happening here. I preferred the era of no cell phone.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and there is a little more warming-The temperature in Pigeon Falls got up to five below today. Before one gets all excited we need to be reminded that’s below zero. There are lots of degrees to climb before we get to freezing. And yet it could be a sign that this weather is starting to end. There was a light dusting of snow last night.
Somebody has suggested that the Pigeon Falls song be translated into old Coptic and then sung by Vicki East. This is a bit on the desperate side. There is nothing in the driblet that suggests that the song be in Coptic. You could , however, get Vicki East out of Driblet seventy seven. But what should she do. She is not a power woman with a lightning symbol. So it would seem to be in conflict to have her sing.
The town has organized and advertised the first ever September cross country ski race to be held tomorrow. People are coming from all over for this special event. Racers will go from town to Lake of the Loons and back. Winner will get a trophy, one hundred dollars, and a sweater that says I skied September in Pigeon Falls.
*****

Today's Link-Reality is Overated-A look at those who would tell us how to live.
Another lack luster day. Luke was sick. I was sick. It was a long day. I spent most of it sleeping. And watching the Disney Channel.Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

8 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Perhaps, as long as everything turned out ok, it was best you not know til you got home. Then again, cell phones come in awfully handy...

11:20 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

hey i did something similar on my blog check it out!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

"Hard times in the City of the Birds with no birds."
Ah ha! Petrovich got it wrong!

Pigeon Falls is NOT going through hard times. They are profitting from the cold weather. First ever September cross country ski race. People are coming from all over for this event --- and will spend money! Kivi & Maki will sell out of their special bullet proof coats and Nancy coffee pot will be working overtime.

4:14 PM  
Blogger -atomik kitten said...

Cell phones...such mixed blessings. If my kid gets sick at nana's I don't need to know (she knows how I worry). So the only time she calls is if they want to come home because they are sick...or if it is really something to worry about...like the time they got Scarlet Fever.

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe my family has more nuts then fudge.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Like quilly, my family is mostly nuts and semi-sweet. (On a good day!)

12:40 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I probably would have had a better time if we did not have the cell phone.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Are you the nut or the fudge?

Cell phones should be banned except in extreme emergencies and then you must call me first so I can determine if it's an emergency (rule book coming soon.)

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home