Thursday, September 27, 2007

We need new spies

Saying for the Day:“Every man is surrounded by a neighborhood of voluntary spies. Jane Austin”


We claim to have a very good spy network. It is ready for anything. But it is not up to Iran's.

Iran's state-sponsored news agency IRNA announced in July that its agents had broken up a Western countries' "spy ring" that employed more than a dozen squirrels trying to bring "spy gear" of foreign agencies into the country. [Washington Post-BBC, 7-20-07

When was the last time we caught one of those squirrels bring supplies from Canada down to terrorists in this country? We haven't. We don;t even have a squirrel division in Homeland Security. How can we possibly stay even with Iran in larger areas like Atomic Bombs if we can't even catch squirrel spies?

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and there is no Global Warming-The Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works met yesterday . It began an investigation into the “ Pigeon Falls Problem”. Senator Barbara Boxer ,the chair of the committee , began the questioning of Dr. Elias Goodman who had headed up the scientists that went to Pigeon Falls.
Senator Boxer -” Did the President or any representative of the President direct you to downplay any relationship of Pigeon Falls to Global Warming?”

Dr.Goodman– Of course not. We were directed to find the cause of the weird weather in Pigeon Falls what ever it was.”

Senator Boxer– “Don’t you have to admit that weird weather like this could be the result of Global Warming?”

Dr,Goodman– Well Senator let’s look at the facts. The upper air currants above Pigeon Falls are normal for this time of year. They are the same as the rest of the region is experiencing. The weather in the rest of the region is normal. According to the data collected this morning it is fifteen below zero in Pigeon Falls. Now Senator if you can take that data and turn it into Global Warming be my guest.”

Senator Boxer– But the independent group says your hiding something.

Dr. Goodman – They made all the same tests as we did . Invite them in and see if they can make a case for Global Warming. O! And did I tell you it is fifteen below zero.
*******

Today's Link-Heaven- It is if you like poetry.
Rough day. I had an upset stomach and a headached all day. These things always happen when I am away from home. So I didn't eat much. Mostly I napped. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYa

9 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Yeah, now they try to pass it off as "climate change".

Someone please explain why the temps are rising on Mars?

6:15 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

I always knew those squirrels were sneaky little critters!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

We've rounded up all of the squirrels in our back yard. Does that count?

3:43 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Squirrel spies. That's okay, Mr. Iranamajad Nutforbrains also said this week that Iran is so perfect that they have no homosexuals either.

I wonder why that is?

Hey, my next daily guess is October 23, 2007 for your 953 post.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Bella said...

It's not that our country can't catch them; they don't care to catch them, they are not considered a threat. This boggles my mind because it makes me wonder what threats are being ignored and did the government did what they could to try and prevent 9/11. I don't think they did. As a matter of fact, Homeland Security is a joke. But that's just my opinion.

How are ya, Doc?

3:48 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Mostly I naped all day and I am home, but I am going to be a preschool teacher soon, so I am trying to store up my rest ....

6:42 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Well, that explains it. The other day when I was coming home from work, I encountered a squirrel on the trunk of a maple tree. He didn't run away, but sat there chattering at me, and looked me right in the eyes while he was doing it. So, naturally, I chattered back. We carried on a conversation for quite a long time.

He was picking my brain to take all my secrets back to Iran. Well, I just hope they're happy. Heh.

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Dr. John, you are the voice of reason. And those squirrels are so ever clever.

Being away from home can send all of our particle out of wack. Snug in and think of home. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

10:53 PM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

Aw. Hope you feel better and got the rest that you need!

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home