Monday, September 17, 2007

Like your Beer?

Saying for the Day-He who drinks beer sleeps well.He who sleeps well cannot sin.He who does not sin goes to heaven.Amen. -- Unknown German Monk

Are you a beer lover?
How important is your beer?
WKMG-TV reported in August the arrest of a man in Orlando "suspected" of drunk driving and who was pursued by police until he decided to get out and run for it. When police overtook him, he was still clutching a Corona beer from the 12-pack in the front seat of his car.
That man was a beer lover. Even if it slowed him down as he ran away he clung to his beer. It was that important.
If the police stopped you and you ran would you take your beer with you?

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and it is still getting colder– It snowed again in Pigeon Falls last night just enough to cover everything in white. The temperature this morning is now 30 degrees. It is cold for September. Even Eino is not so sure that this will soon pass.
The snow and cold extend in a fifteen mile or so circle around Pigeon Falls while the rest of the UP has normal weather. From the air it looks like a big white circle. Ice is starting to form on the Lake of the Loons.
Petrovich is busy adding up the things that seem to relate to driblets 62 and 77. The pigeons are gone, the deer are gone ( the rabbits may be gone as well). It is cold. Everywhere you look it’s white. It all started with Nancy’s Wedding and a fake gold carriage pulled by horses that just might have been mice. Pertrovich is sure that the way to end this is in the driblet.
Nancy will be back in her coffee shop today. At least the coffee will be better. In this cold weather people need a good cup of coffee. Nancy will listen better as well but she night not like what she will be hearing. People are starting to blame her. If she had just had an ordinary wedding none of this would be happening.
In all of this neither the big White Rabbit ( how could he be seen) or the dragon have been seen, Perhaps, they have joined the pigeons and the deer.
*****

Today's Link-Dorseyland- More information than you could ever want about "The Swing"
A dull day. Betty and I worked in the basement in the morning. I took a nap in the afternoon after the soaps. Them I worked again in the basement. Finished the day by visiting about half of my links. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

14 Comments:

Blogger Nessa said...

Never drink and drive. All alcohol should be consumed in the bosom of a loving family.

5:43 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Driblet 62 says the princess comes to the City of Birds. Nancy was already in the city of birds. It must be another woman.

You know, it could be Abigail Petrovich. Bet she has power over Petrovich. She could put an end to this.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

I like a beer now and then, but not enough to take it for a ride in the car. Now, my Pepsi is another story.

And how was Nancy's honeymoon? Any strange tales she has to tell?

7:16 AM  
Blogger Alastair said...

My first comment since I got back from holidays - and my first chance to check out your blog since Leave a Comment Monday ceased and desisted...

A comment anyway. Glad to see Pigeon Falls is still standing, and weirdness abounds.

As for beer, it may be one of God's many gifts to humankind, but an overindulgence in anything is a bad thing, and in case of being chased by the cops the only thing I'd want to keep hold of is my family...

I'd probably need one of those little red wagon things that seem to appear in lots of US shows (we don't get them over here!)

All the best Dr John...

8:51 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I wouldn't drink beer and drive and if I had to be hauled off to the jailhouse - I think I'd leave my groceries in the car.

I'm not much of a beer fan, if I have one it is only one and it has to be a very hot day and a very good import beer.

1:36 PM  
Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

Please join me for a caption contest:

Send in your edited cartoon and-or vote on the work of others.

R2K

3:58 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

No. Not me. I might take Vernors, though. =)

5:27 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I wouldnt take the beer. I only enjoy it when Im with friends having fun. Or after I cut the grass I like a cold one. But I wouldnt have it in the car with me anyway.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

It is very silly to drink and drive and the sad thing is I bet there are a few drivers out there with a beer open while they drive.

I've posted some pictures of the Golden trip, there is a train included in a couple of them.

Blessings to you and Betty

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hardest thing I drink is a Coke or Pepsi. Actually I prefer water. Alcoholic beverages are very bad for you. However, many people do not believe this. But when you combine beer or hard stuff with driving, you've given an open invitation to disaster.

8:54 PM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

Ew..I don't like beer.. but I do like the girly cocktails.. especially the ones that don't taste like alcohol at all.. those are the most dangerous!

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Newly married, my ex- and I were standing alongside our out-of-gas car on the highway in Missoula, Mt. when another car came racing by. We were at the far end of a curve and could hear a police siren, but the cop was not yet in sight. As the car passed us a bag flew out the window. IT landed in the grass not too far in front of our car. Seconds later the police car flashed by. Then we walked over and looked in the sack -- five beers from a six pack, and the change from a $20.00. Back in 1982 that was more then enough to fill our gas tank. Plus, when we finally got to the campground and got the tent set up, we grabbed a couple beers that had been chilling in the creek and had a cold drink.

11:56 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

A beer a day helps you work rest and play - as good as a Mars anyway

2:54 AM  
Blogger Bazza said...

A beer or two sure helps me to sleep, and relax, and burp, and I'll stop now.

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home