Thursday, September 13, 2007

My Doctors

Saying for the Day: The worst thing about medicine is that one kind makes another necessary. ~Elbert Hubbard

I have reached that stage in life where I no longer have a doctor. Instead I have doctors. I have a lung Dr, an eye Dr., an Ear Dr., an arthritis Dr., and a general Dr.. The general Dr. is in charge of my potassium . Which he checks every three months. Then he makes me take these horse pills..
But today is Dr. Wilson’s turn to have me. At 10:30 he will listen to my lungs. I will tell him of the trouble I’ve had breathing and perhaps he will have a new pill ( I already take 3 a day for breathing).
When I was a kid I was afraid of Doctors. Now I almost live in their offices.
When I was a kid I once pretended to be sick so I didn’t have to go to school on the day they were giving shots. I was terrified of needles. Now I am so used to having my arm punctured to draw blood that it seems like the normal thing.
But today is Dr. Wilson’s day and I have to cut this blog short because I have to go and make up a list of all the drugs I am taking to give him. He needs to know that so he doesn’t give me a new one that will cause one of the old ones to go crazy.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and no deer play– Where are the deer. That is the question in Pigeon Falls. Last week there were three of them running down the main street. There was a herd of them seen by passengers in the train out at Kaleva meadow. They were causing farmers trouble and eating the flowers. But this week they are nowhere to be seen. Like the pigeons they have vanished.
Petrovich says they could be the four legged ones in driblet seventy seven.
Eino says that’s nonsense. A line like “Where are the four legged ones?” could apply to almost any animal. The problem with the deer herd may be the increase in the number of wolves. Or it could be there is no problem at all. Pertrovich just has people thinking there is a problem.
But if the deer are gone it’s another blow to the local economy. Deer season is a big thing here with lots of tourists. If there are no deer then there will be no tourists.
Farmers with cattle should worry as well. With no deer to eat the newly restored wolf pack may turn to cows. Wolves have to eat.
*****

Today's Link-Keyboard Monologues- Read that you too might drool.
Saw Dr. Wilson this morning. He says that the lungs are about the same as when I was there last fall. He dosn't think they will get much better so we are trying just to hold them where they are. Came home in time to watch my soaps. Did some more work in the basement ( word " work" is used loosely ). Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

12 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

Hope all goes well at Dr. Wilson's today.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I will say a wee prayer for you that the visit to Dr Wilson will go well.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope things go well for you. Doctors seem to be a necessary evil these days. Then again I have to wonder what we did without all these wonderdrugs. I agree that some of these seem to work against each other. Let us all bow to the pharmaceuttical companies who work so closely together to keep us healthy.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Kev Brown said...

I too, hope all goes well! I am still youthfull enough that I don't need to put my body in the care of these quacks! Saying this, my knees are already shot, so that does not bode well for the future!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Hope you are breathing well.

White white where are the four legged ones? What about the horses at the wedding?

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting used to needles is the worst. I am used to them now.

Hope you breath better!

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A couple of years back I was very sick and had to give blood so often I asked the doctor if he didn't just want to install a faucet.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

When you get to heaven Dr. John, you'll get a pair of new magic lungs.

My Mom had Breast Cancer that had spread into her lungs. So far, so good. But the little damage that was done remains and breathing can sometimes be difficult.

She gets fluid around the pleural lining and heart often. The Doc says that this can happen with the slightest cold or even bug bite. Her immune system is so sensitive that it creates the fluid retention.

The cells in scar tissue in her lung is always being fought by the healthier cells. They can't go in and cut that scar out for that makes more scarring. It's very odd how that works and lungs when damaged seldom improve.

But they can stay the same. =O)

5:09 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Maybe the deer and pigeons are with the disappearing honey bees.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

thank you for letting us know about the doctor appt. i'm glad to hear that you are still holding about where the lungs where last fall. i don't understand why you have had so many bad days. did he give you new pills or something? i'm glad you are trying to hold them where they are now. maybe you should rest more or something..i worry about you for you are most important to me/us.

God Bless your lungs and Betty's eyes. i read they are doing well and i'm thrill about that.

here we go sending you many, many hugs and kisses and all our love..pls take care and here is wishing for a great night sleep and breathing.

xo

5:28 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Oh my, I know that feeling......

I remember those days whenever we got sick and we just took whatever Grandma made up for us to make us well. And it worked pretty good, I suppose we were never all that sick. Never went to a Dr when I was young. But once the Dr.'s get hold of you, they don't let go.....

I am sorry to hear your lungs aren't any better, but I was glad to hear that they aren't any worse......we take being able to breathe pretty much for granted, unless there is a problem. I have had two very close friends who had breathing problems, one had Emphysema and the other had Cystic Fibrosis. I can tell you, I have NEVER taken being able to breathe for granted.

1:40 AM  
Blogger -atomik kitten said...

One of my student workers is pre-med. She hates going to the doctor or having blood work...but she's fine doing it to other people.

What a little sadist...she'll make a fine pediatrician someday...taking pleasure in making a little kid cry.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home