Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Portal or No Portal

Saying for the Day: Discovery consists of looking at the same thing as everyone else and thinking something different.

I don’t know if I should share this with you or not. But it’s driving me nuts to keep it inside. I can’t tell my kids because they will think I’m crazy or senile and bundle me off to somewhere. Let me assure you that I am neither senile or crazy. I am as sane as you are. Saner than some. I’ve read your blogs.
I digress.
What I need to share is that I have come to believe that across the street from my home there is a Portal. You know a Portal. Like the portals in Harry Potter or in the writing of Robert Jordan. A place where you drive in and come out , the next moment far away. Like you drive into a Portal in Detroit and come out a Portal in Neenah. It is very fast and saves a lot of gas.
Why do I think there is a portal there ?Because every morning when I am having breakfast I see , through my kitchen window, all kinds of cars and trucks coming around the corner of the building. They drive out to the highway and leave. Nothing ever goes in. They just come out. I’ve looked behind the building and there is one small barn with a huge door. IT couldn’t hold that many vehicles. There is no road . There is a huge smokestack with no industry attached to it. I think it is there to mark the Portal.
Why don’t most people know about the portals? I think the people who know about them and use them have a different DNA than the rest of us. I think if we were to use them we would die. So these strange people keep them secret. They might even be aliens from another planet. Illegal aliens. I suppose I should turn them in. I bet they don’t have green cards. They are taking high paying American jobs.
I could of course be wrong. Perhaps its not a Portal. It does feel good to have told somebody.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and school has started. Yesterday was the first day of school in Pigeon Falls and there was a large turnover in teachers. It’s hard to find a teacher willing to teach two grades at a time. Pigeon Falls has a half time Kindergarten , a first-second grade teacher, a third-fourth grade teacher, a fifth-sixth grade teacher, and a seventh-eighth grade teacher. The kindergarten teacher teaches language arts in the afternoon . For the last few years that teacher has been a person that the kids loved and nicknamed Quilly. She kept a porcupine in her classroom during part of the year. Well Quilly fell in love and moved to Hawaii. She will be missed. In her place the school has hired Abigail Petrovich the wife of Tomas Petrovich. She has all the right credentials and should make a good teacher. There are those that are afraid she will be bringing some of her husband’s driblets into class. That’s probably why she wasn’t hired before.
After the eighth grade students are bussed to the Consolidated High School where the New Potatoes play. The bus is very special as it is made to ride either on the road or the railroad tracks. Given the local roads that’s a real blessing.
******
Today's Link-Three Beautiful Things- Everyday she shares three beautiful things from her life.
Another hard breathing day. I didn't do much. I watched my soaps with Betty whose eye is coming along fine. I napped. I contacted the ELCA for some forms. I did some research. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

10 Comments:

Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Dr John, you got to quit eating all that greasy junk food then going to bed, you are having some really wild dreams :)

Glad Betty got home and the surgery went all right.

A Blessed day is wished for both of you.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Sounds like the portal might be from Pigeon Falls to Neenah.

Someone is actually married to Petrovich? Poor woman.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

There must be a portal in my house because as soon as I clean something and turn around, it is messy again. It is good to know you have one because I can use my portal to get to the portal at your house....if I can find the one in my house,,,,probably hidden or in disguise.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Pauline said...

Sorry it took me so long to come for a visit. I have been meaning to stop by. Love your humor. I shall return for another smile :)

8:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Did you read Stephen King's "Nightmares and Dreamscapes"? This sounds just like one of the stories. Then again you may have just entered the "Twilight Zone".

9:20 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Well, I did read an article the other day about the real possibility of time travel...guess there'd have to be portals somewhere.

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But, it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.
W.Churchill.............He!He!He! love to Betty.All the best my friend

11:10 AM  
Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

A Portal...way cool!! I just have odd neighbors. I'm going to be watching closer for portals. I could use a quick route to somewhere else. Hope I find one that zaps me to WA or MT. Yeah, MT is better.

Love to you & Betty.

Blessed be...

6:02 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Did you happen to notice of there were little tiny pods inside the barn? These pods grow in the middle of the night, and they turn into "cars" and "trucks", driven by "people". They drive out during the day, and the next night, more of the little tiny pods grow into more cars, trucks and people.

I have to go now, they're coming to give me my medicine.

(Actually, John, I do believe you.)

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quilly had a job interview in Hawaii today. She was told that she is highly qualified and they would love to hire her, but not to get her hopes up because teachers are a dime a dozen here. Although after looking at their pay scale I believe she means that's what the salary is.

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home