Saturday, September 01, 2007

Pictures Today?

Saying for the day: If you're in a bad situation, don't worry it'll change. If you're in a good situation, don't worry it'll change.

Our September blog furniture moving continues. Yesterday you saw the beginning of the new layout for the Friday Priceless Prize game. That will continue to change. You will notice we no longer expect you to put a Dr. John in the comment on the “Today’s Link” and thus the total number of slips you can have in the drawing is seven. One for each day that you left a comment.
Today you will see no pictures. There will no longer be a picture page as such. Pictures will be used when I have pictures to share. Since both Pennie and I have video cameras there will be more videos. ( really dumb ones).
I am also thinking I may do some Old Man’s cooking pages. You will see food in a whole new light.
I might run a page about what is happening on my links. Sort of a meet the neighbors kind of thing.
I might think some thought like “Is life fair”. Then draw that out for three or four days.
I will share some stories from my past.
I will indulge more in fantasy ( reader beware).
The News from Pigeon Falls will continue. At least until Petrovich finds some driblet that really predicts the end with no way out. But there may be some days with no news from Pigeon Falls ( a slow news day). There also will be times when the blog for the day will be just Pigeon Falls and “ Today’s Link”.
Since I have dumped the organization anything is possible.
Read on dear readers read on.

@@@2@-News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where trains still run, dragons fly, and nobody has a white horse.– It is one week until Nancy’s wedding and they can’t find two white horses. She really wants white horses to pull her carriage . Eino has done a fantastic job on the carriage . Which is white with gold highlights. It has two of those old fashioned lamps but though they look like oil lamps are battery run. To make it perfect she wants two white horses. So far in the whole county they haven’t found one. There are lots of horses but no white ones. Somebody suggested she get the big White Rabbit to pull it. Somebody else thought that the poltergeist could do the job. Then one would have a horseless carriage in a very real sense. That would be impressive. It would look like it was being pulled by invisible horses. But nobody controls the poltergeist. If it did pull the carriage it just as likely to dump the two of them in the river instead of the reception hall. So the search continues.
Eino is looking into the possibility of painting the horse with a washable paint and then hoping it doesn’t rain.
********

Today's Link- Puck's Prattle- Three videos showing what to say when your caught with your pants down. Our American senators might learn something here.
A hard breathing day. I used oxygen most of the day. In the morning I printed out all my June and July blogs to send to my sister who has no internet. I also packed up and addressed the prizes for this and last Friday. They will go out on Monday. Then Pennie took us out for our anniversary which was yesterday. After that we went to Wal Mart where I picked up some photo paper and some frames. We came home and I printed pictures of my grandparents for my sister Dawn. NOw I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, as well as the comment! :)

5:38 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Yep, paint is the answer. Tho Eino might not want to start with a totally black one.

5:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BUT, SURELY YOU WILL HAVE YOUR GRAND "LINNA" AT THE TOP??? ... That did not show up ... I have such a slow connection.
LOIS

6:44 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I like your new ideas-sounds like a well rounded blog stew! Stop over when you get a moment- I have something there for you.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Looking forward to the new look, though over the next few days I may not be looking as often as I do where I am on vacation.

PS, I've answered your and Nea's question on the blog yesterday, when you have a moment please stop by.

A Blessed weekend is wished for you and Betty

8:55 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Great new ideas for a great new season. =O)

2:52 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Eino is looking into the possibility of painting the horse with a washable paint and then hoping it doesn’t rain.

that's the solution i would have gone for, either that or make them a cover from a white sheet, you know like for a knight's horse in a joust

3:11 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

Your saying of they day is to me a fundamental statement of life's basics. One can chuckle about, one can take it serious. But it is profound. And perhaps people should think about it.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

you deserve the award given to you by Cindy more than anyone else in the world.

i'm so sorry you are having trouble breathing. i wish i could breath for you and in some way give you back a little of the love and care and help you and Betty have given me since meeting.

i'm around, reading but not commenting much. i will write a post soon..and post some pics for you..

i like the new castle. i like that you are having fun with your blog. that you can always find many different ways to entertain the masses and your friends..

your comment, the one you said i almost made you cry, made me cry tears of joy..i couldn't come here (i would have been much mushier than ever) to tell you how much it means to me that you and Betty pray and think of me and send me good advice and care for me..

i can't ever tell you how it feels to have someone think of you with kindness and love as you two have for me and mine..

i'm hanging in there. praying and making God my rock as you taught me. life is good, for God loves me and i have so much to be grateful for.

i love you and yours..please be well..hugs to you all..

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. John, right now life is so good, I keep waiting for the other shoe to fall ....

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home