Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Fast Forward from Ralph 29-

Saying for the day: What goes around comes around.

Ralph Valine wrote:
Subject: Fwd: "When I'm An Old Lady and Live With My Kids..." (TOO CUTE!!!!)


When I'm an old lady, I'll live with each kid,
And bring so much happiness...ju
st as they did.
I want to pay
back all the joy they've provided.
Returning each
deed! Oh, they'll be so excited!
(When I'm
an old lady and live with my kids)

I'll write on the wall with reds, whites and blues,
And I'll bounce on the furniture...w
earing my shoes.
I'll drink from the carton and then lea
ve it out.
I'll stuff all t
he toilets and oh, how they'll shout!
(When I'm
an old lady and live with my kids)

When they're on the phone and just out of reach,
I'll get into
things like sugar and bleach.
Oh, they'll s
nap their fingers and then shake their head,
(When I'm a
n old lady and live with my kids)

When they cook dinner and call me to eat,
I'll not eat
my green beans or salad or meat,
I'll gag on
my okra, spill milk on the table,
And when
they get angry...I'll run...if I'm able!
(When I'm
an old lady and live with my kids)

I'll sit close to the TV, through the c
hannels I'll click,
I'll cross both eyes just to see if t
hey stick.
I'll take off m
y socks and throw one away,
And play in t
he mud 'til the end of the day!
(When I'm an old lady and live with
my kids)

And later in bed, I'll lay back and sigh,
I'll thank God in prayer and then close my eyes.
My kids will look down with a smile slowly creeping,
And say with a groan, "She's so sweet when she's sleeping!"
God Bless All Moms and Grandmas Everywhere!

@@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-the little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and it is dark.– The darkness that seems to have been predicted by the driblet that Petrovich translated, but which Eino thinks is caused by some Upper Atmosphere change brought on by global warming, continues to deepen. Petrovich is still hopeful that he can get a clear copy of the driblet from Russia but then he still has to translate it and time is running out.
Yesterday Mayor Trumble got a letter from Janet Nelson. Janet you remember shared her art during the Art of the Shore of the Lake of the Loons. She had those fishy cups and retro chic paintings . Janet who is no fan of Petrovich suggested that he has a wrong interpretation of the words after the “unless”. It isn’t that a woman should go to a priest but rather that somebody, probably Polly, should go to a woman priest. That would be Pastor Joan Castle. Mrs. Trumble was very busy yesterday but has promised herself she will talk to Polly today. Sometimes it takes the eye of an artist to see what nobody else can see.
Despite the darkness preparations for the parade go on. The Coca Cola Santa needed a little touching up. He had ridden on the back of the same truck for the last ten years. A couple of kids from the high school art class did the touch up work. He looks just like new. He stands there with his bottle of Coca Cola. He doesn’t even show the patch from the year Bid Rudy was drunk and knocked him off the truck into a fire hydrant. It was some sight. The hydrant opened and old Santa shot twenty feet in the air with a hole in his back. Big Rudy had to pay for the repairs. But now our Santa looks better than ever.
Will the parade go on as scheduled? Will Polly confess? Will the Upper Atmosphere change finally cause the mines to collapse? Will there be a Pigeon Falls next week? And of course is Tommy UK really the undertaker’s son?
*******
Today's Link- Witster Blog-A little something on top ten lists. Leave a Dr. John which of course is the number seven thing found in comments.
A very hard breathing day. I watched my soaps. Worked two hours in the basement. I visited all the links. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA



8 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Thanks for the shout out. At least you didnt remind people of my notoriety back in the UK. That Janet Nelson needs to talk to Pastor Castle.

5:47 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I'm gonna do all of that stuff to my daughter. I can't wait.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Thanks for the post. It put a smile on my face!

1:04 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

lol Dr John,
seems kids and old ladies have one thing in common - "they look so sweet when they are sleeping"

2:50 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Dr. John, I love that poem. Do you mind if I forward it to my daughter? Heh, heh.

Cheers,
Josie

4:08 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Dr. John
That's a funny poem. We went to a Tiger game in Detroit last night and my mom was unable to go. Between the traffic, the long walk to parking and all the stadium steps she decided at the last minute not to go. But she and her mother still get around to enough things to make this a funny poem for me.
Tom

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For those who have in mind acting out this poem at some future time, I have a caution about getting into the sugar and bleach while the kids are on the phone out of reach -- phones are cordless now. They'll get ya. You'd be better off waiting until they're chatting online and have their eyes on the computer screen.

Sorry you got lost in the kelp this afternoon, Dr. John. I sent out a rescue party, but they said you were nowhere to be found.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I love the poem!!! Im sure if I try that stuff in my kids houses Ill be in the Old Folks home faster than you can spit! lol...so Ill have to behave for once in my life!

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home