Monday, August 13, 2007

Leave a comment Monday- I Hop

Saying for the Day- You can't eat the pictures in the restaurant window.


The head of the fortress has been advised that despite repeated warnings some of you are still reading without commenting. This is not acceptable and the head of the guard may be directed to turn loose the dragons. Once let loose on a commentless blogger we can not tell what the dragons will do. Therefore you read without commenting at your own risk.

Now to give you something to comment on here is todays commentable:
Betty and I went to the International House of Pancakes ( I-HOP) for lunch on Saturday. I went because of the TV adds showing pancakes, French toast and waffles piled high with strawberries. In the window of the restaurant was a huge picture of a whole variety of food piled high with strawberries. Now I love strawberries so I ordered the French Toast Special. It came with two scrambled eggs, hash brown potatoes, two sausages, and four pieces of French Toast. All at a very reasonable price. The problem is I didn't really want anything except the French Toast and the strawberries and there were only three berries in sight. There were two more under a pile of whipped cream.In no way did it come near the Tv add or the picture in the window, It didn't come near the pictures on the menu. So I felt cheated. Shouldn't what they sell come close to the way it's pictured?

@@@@News from Pigeon Falls-the little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and it seems darker than before– Nancy and Tommy TW ( the writer) went for a Sunday afternoon drive and came back late at night. Coming back Nancy mentioned that the darkness seemed darker than usual. You could see the moon, and the stars but still it seemed blacker. It gave her the feeling she gets in a scary movie just before the monster crawls out onto the screen. Tommy said that it made no sense because black is black.
This morning, however, a number of people that came in for coffee mentioned feeling that last night was darker than usual. One even felt that today was not as bright as usual though the sun was shining.
The front lawn of the old Wilson place disappeared last night. According to the Hopkins, who live there now, one minute the lawn was there and the next it was gone. In its place was a huge hole. Eino called the State Mine Inspector as soon as he heard. It seems the Wilson Place like much of Pigeon Falls is over and old underground mine. The Inspector said that things like this happen every once in a great while. He is making arrangements to have the hole capped.
Petrovich is still waiting to hear from his friends in Russia, In the meantime he has worked with the pieces and is fairly sure that one of the missing words is priest. He has no idea what the Priest is supposed to do.
*******

Today's Link-hippocampus hi-jinx- Some really nice pictures and a cat. Leave a Dr. John in the comments.
This was a doing day. I copied all of the first fifteen blogs I did in May to send to my sister. I'll copy the rest tomorrow. I mailed the prizes for the last two Fridays to the winners and the April blogs to my sister. I watched my soaps. I visited over half of my link list and left comments. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

16 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

The Wilson's lawn fell into the mine, huh. Crowning Miss Stir queen is supposed to bring doom upon the town. Maybe it is time for the town council to change the name of the town from Pigeon Falls - to Pigeon Stays in Place. Makes as much sense to do as anything in PF.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

Sad to say that if they took pictures of what they actually produced from the kitchen, very few people would order it.

I do like IHOP though.

Blessings.

5:57 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

That is odd. The IHOP here often puts too much fruit on our orders. Making the meal too sweet for me.

Next time I would insist that they didn't skimp on the strawberries and point to the photo on the menu or in the window.

The Customer is always right.

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all about spin nowdays, isn't it? Despicable when it even creeps into our pancakes.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I-Hop and Denny's always have too much food for me. As far as the pictures, when I saw how commercials and ads featuring food were made I lost my appetite. And as far as I am concerned, you can't ever have too many strawberries!

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been lurking about your blog for some time, but the threat of dragons is fearsome. Here is a comment.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Bazza said...

I wouldn't stand for it, I'd sit down and tuck in, boom boom.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Ginny said...

Of course you should get what they say or show they are going to give you. Unfortunately, the cooks in those places don't see it that way especially if they are busy!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Next time, have them hold all of the meat and stuff and ask for a double helping of strawberries or even strawberries on the side. You may have gotten a cook who was told he put too many on before.

Oh, and even though I always comment, I wouldn't mind a dragon visitor.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

That I-HOP commercial makes me drool, but I don't know of any around here. I guess now I don't really need to find one. Three strawberries are not worth a trip.

1:12 PM  
Blogger -atomik kitten said...

Only three strawberries? You should have sent it back, Dr. John!

2:28 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

lol Dr John
you can't eat the pictures on the menu
and one can't leave without commenting

Funnily enough a friend was complaining that at the local Harvester restaurant, he got five profiteroles with (too much) ice cream and (not enough) hot chocolate sauce

The world is just not perfect, but in the absence of telepathy, next time he knows to ask for less (bland) icecream, and lots more hot chocolate sauce.

Just like in the pic!
I mean its not like one even needs to worry whether the waiter/ress can speak english (or finnish)

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, are you ever gullible, Dr. John. Didn't you know the pictures they use in advertising are to lure you in to buy their product? Even though I like IHop, they sure suckered the "strawberry kid" into their place. :-))))

5:17 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

I think you're right. Last week we were at the Coast Guard Festival in Grand Haven and they had all that "carnival food" going on. I saw this vendow selling "butterfly fries" and the sample in the sindow had a basket piled high (enough for two people) then I got this half-empty dish and I said, "Is this the same as what you're showing us in the window? Unless you're going to charge me half don't serve us half." So he went and put some more on but it was still not like what they were showing... so next time you're at the IHOP, I'd say, "I want it to look like that picure." That's only right. =)
Thanks again for the fun hippos!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I had just the opposite experience at an I-HOP in Washington State. I was amazed at how much fruit there was with the waffles, blueberries, etc., and a TON of whipped cream. You must have exceeded your calorie content for the day, just with one meal. But still, when you were hanging out for strawberries and only got three, that wasn't fair.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Inside our hands, outside our hearts said...

My daughter works at I-HOP. I never hear her complain but then maye because she is making great tips right now. Do you guys know ow much waitresses make? ... ugh a whopping 2.65 an hour plus tips. Lucky she is going to college. I do not see bhow people can make it on that. what is wrong with that picture... why do they make so much under minimum wage, heck even that is too low.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home