Thursday, August 09, 2007

Its All About Me-The End

Saying for the day- One can get too organized.

This is “ all about me” and I am bored. There is now too much organization in my blogging. I know everyday what I am going to do, in general. There are no surprises. On Monday I beg. On Tuesday I share my Finnish heritage. On Wednesday there is a forward from Ralph. On Thursday you get this little bit of me. On Friday there is the contest. On Saturday pictures. On Sunday I preach a little. Everything in order. There are no surprises. There are no bombs ( except for the quality of the writing). In all honesty it is ceasing to be fun.
This is the point where the blogger says so I am going to take a month off from blogging and try to find myself. I may or may not be back.
But I happen to like blogging and then there is that golden keyboard. It is just the straight jacket that I have locked myself into that I don’t like. So starting in September I am going to reinvent this blog. There will be a new logo. There will be no more assigned days ( or then again there might be one or two). I might even let you vote on what I should keep.
I might let Petrovich’s prophecies of doom come true and wipe out Pigeon Falls. Then again I might not. I have no desire to straight jacket the future.
But this I know sweeping change is coming.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and a scandal brews-Poor Polly Stir has worked so hard at getting to be Pigeon Queen. She has even been nice to people that nobody is nice to it. But yesterday Bob Anderson, a high school student said that he found a picture of her on the internet wearing nothing but a smile. He then printed it out and has been showing it around town. It does look like her. Of course Pigeon Falls can not have a Pigeon Queen who posts nude pictures. If it really is her then all her hard work is for naught. She has to meet with the judges tonight and you can be sure that the picture will be one of the things they ask about. Tommy UK has asked to meet with the judges as well. He says he has information that will be helpful.
Petrovich says there is a driblet for this as well and it may be an omen of impending doom for Pigeon Falls. Of course, no one is listening to him. He is like the boy who has cried wolf too often. But he persists. He keeps up his website. He translates the driblets. He believes that the writings of the old Russian seer are true prophecies. He is sure that in some way Pigeon Falls is the “city of birds” in the prophecies. After all there are White Rabbits and dragons and yellow roads. Like the pieces of a great jig saw puzzle Petrovich sees them all coming together.
Can Tommy save Polly? Does she have any chance? Are those really pictures of her? Is Petrovich right this time? Will we ever know if Tommy is really the Undertaker’s Kid?
*******

Today's Link-Coral Poetry- Believe it or not beautiful urinals. Leave a Dr. John in the comment.
Another hard breathing day. well the first half wasn't but the second half was. I did watch my soaps. I played some computer games. I napped. Betty and Pennie took the dog to the Vets to get the stitches out.Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

9 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

LOL I think Petrovich has finally jumped the shark. There is a driblet for Polly Stir's internet noteriety? LOL!

5:37 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I tried to organize my time and blogging schedule. It doesn't always work and is too restraining. However, it does help you along if you have a "writer's block" moment.

To get you through August - there is a "Happy Thoughts" challenge. Simply everyday in August you have to blog or mention something that you are happy about.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Whatever you decide to Dr John, we will be waiting for you. I myself have found that the urge to blog is very much on way out. There will be days I don't feel like blogging at all. I do manage to visit two or three of my favorite blogs. Maybe a rest for awhile is what you need.

A Blessed day is wished for you and Betty.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I applaud you for not taking a few months off like I did....well, sort of had to because I was in the looney bin for a couple months but don' t tell anyone. Now, where did my medication go? DId you take it? I bet you did!!!! I bet you got on your scooter and rode all the way up here in the middle of the night and took it!!!!

Oh, wait, I found it....in my pocket the whole time...Bye!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Don't go. Save all of your organized ideas for days when you can't think of anything else to write and the rest of the time, wing it.

1:47 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Away with the cobwebs?
A spring clean in August?
Time for a change?

Alas Dr John, life is a dichotomy between the well ordered and that which we like (even if boring) and the unpredictable Anarchy or Chaos.

It's a bit like trying to give up smoking - oh go on just one more
post, one more puff of smoke.

You either throw all the cigarrettes away, and then have to rush out to get some more when you just can't endure another minute without a smoke, or you start cutting down ...

Or you find something new to do.
How about a new blog - lol!
Look forward to the new look (but I will miss the pic of fortress linna and the tales of pigeon falls - surely you wont delete pigeon falls - there must be enough material in the collection to edit into a book or fairy tale).

1:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Change is good. Reinventing is cool. Whatever, will be , will be!!! And it will be good!!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Ruth W. said...

I felt the same way, so I deleted my old blog and started a new one. When you are ready to blog again, we will be ready to read it. Take care and God bless you!!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i'm so, so, sorry to read that you haven't been well. i wish you a speady recovery and a good nights rest. you will be prayed for.
hello to Betty and i hope she is all well from her eye's surgery.

you are both so loved and liked and make such a difference in so many lives, like mine, i wish you knew how much we care for you. thank you for helping me always and for caring.

xoxoxo

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home