Thursday, April 19, 2007

Why do I blog?

Saying for the day- Soemtimes it is better not to tell the truth.

The writer of “ Patterns of Ink” has raised the question” Why do bloggers blog?” He has come up with a well balanced explanation that is well worth reading.
It forced me to think of why I blog. Until now I have kept this a secret. I have not even told my children. But today I have decided to reveal all to you.
It was a bit more than two years ago. I was sitting on the dock out at the Church camp. The water was calm , the day was beautiful. Suddenly a hand came up out of the water with a golden computer keyboard. A voice said “ You were born to blog. It is your destiny”. I respond “ Voice, I am too old to Log”. The arm with the golden keyboard begins to shake. I think it is getting tired.
” Not log! BLOG! You moronic dock sitter”, the Voice again.
“Do I get the keyboard? What is blog?” I respond.
Voice “Seek help from the great Patrick who blogs already.”
Me “ Couldn’t I ask the lesser Peter”
Voice-” Go to Blogger its all explained there”
So it began. The great journey into blogging. Sometimes when I look back I think it must have been a dream. But then there is that rusted , gold colored keyboard I got from the lake. I have it hidden in a box in the back of the closet.
I blog because it is my destiny. The Voice said so.

@@@@ News From Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life goes on as usual.– The dragon flew up and down main street today as if to say this town is mine. Nothing tried to stop him. Mrs. Trumble has decided that if the council won’t let her bring dragon slayer into town then they deserve what they get so she sat in her office and sulked. The dragon carried its weapon as if expecting to run into the poltergeist.
Pastor Moe is so sure that the poltergeist is gone he has been stopping in to Nancy’s every day for coffee. This is making some of his people unhappy who think he should be spending more time visiting and drinking coffee in their houses like Pastor Marvel did. Pastor Moe seems to think that that kind of visiting serves no good purpose so he doesn’t do much of it.
Petrovich came out of his study long enough to rent out one of his furnished apartments. He hasn’t had much luck with those. He still has three that aren’t rented. One wonders if he can find a dribblet about a building being empty and staying empty.
Most of the snow is now gone from Pigeon Falls. People are looking at flower catalogues and plans are being made for summer flowers. The big thing this year is finding flowers the deer won’t eat. They found out last year that some of the flowers that the catalogue said the deer wouldn’t eat they ate anyway. The deer don’t read catalogues.
*****

Link for Today:-HMYU- Another way of looking at things.- Look at leaving a Dr. John in he comment.
I had a rough day. My stomach is really upset. I did some blogging. I saw some of my soaps. I did a lot of sleeping. Betty went to Bible study. While she was gone the dog figured out how to open the door to its cage and it came to jump on me. I put it outside and it really wanted to come back in. When Betty came home she went out and played with it. Now I need a breating treatment.
GBYA

11 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Is Pastor Moe married? Does Tommy TW have something to worry about?

5:15 AM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Well said. I blog because it is one way of releasing my stress. I do blog coz I love meeting new friends like you. I don't go out often and very much so blogging is my world.

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you always listen to the voices? (Though I'm very glad you did this time.)

6:57 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I started blogging so you could keep up with the grandkids....did you know they are grown and moved away now? I guess I did not do a good job as a blogger.....

8:09 AM  
Blogger Nan said...

Blogging is the new and improved antistress - as long as you can keep your blog free of e-drama and spam!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Dr John I like to blog, it is like my Dear Diary and where I can vent, give thanks and appreciate my friends who stop by like you and Betty. Blogging is a really good way of relieving stress.

A wonderful day is wished for you and Betty

3:49 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

I knew it. You are the King Arthur of our blog Camelot! I love the light-hearted balance of pith and punchline you proclaim in your corner of the Kingdom. Thanks for stopping by POI and for today's hat tip.
I agree with your readers. Blogging has been a Godsend to me these past 30 months. Your readers are welcome to join in the discussion of the series Parts I, II, and III-A (Parts III-B and IV are in the works).
Have a great day up in the U.P.!
P.S.
Just in case readers are wondering about "pith" (yes, I said "pith")
http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/pithy

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. John, for years I read a friend's blog with no interest in starting my own. Then, one day while looking at her blog I got an incontrolable urge to begin ... and so I did. No one else will believe the rest of the story, but blogging most definately changed my outlook on my past and opened a door to a whole new future, and all joking aside, I think God lead me to it.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

For whatever reasons you choose to start blogging ..I am glad you did. Other wise we would have never known each other.

Dont you wonder how those dogs figure out how to get out of their pens? lol...my little dog has figured out how to get out of the backyard fence :((....

5:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr John I like blogging the trouble is finding time to do it these days.Wish you and Betty well:)

6:47 PM  
Blogger HMYU said...

Hi, I am just starting to blog & beginning to enjoy it but I guess too much work came along....and now my blog is stuck....not moving anymore! Well just happen to re-visit my blog & ended up reading yours...interesting.Have a good blogging time!

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home