Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Fast Forward from Ralph 11

Saying for the day- Grandmas never run out of hugs or cookies.

My good friend Ralph forwards all this interesting e-mail to me and on Wednesday I choose the best to share with you.

Ralph wrote
Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting.
~Author Unknown~

What a bargain grandchildren are! I give them my loose change, and they give me a million dollars' worth of pleasure.
~Gene Perret~

Grandmothers are just "antique" little girls.
~Author Unknown~

Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild.
~Welsh Proverb~

A grandmother is a babysitter who watches the kids instead of the television.
~Author Unknown~

Never have children, only grandchildren.
~Gore Vidal~

Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you're just a mother.
The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.
~Pam Brown~

Grandchildren don't stay young forever, which is good because
Granddaddies have only so many horsy rides in them.
~Gene Perret~

Grandmother always made you feel she had been waiting to see
just you all day and now the day was complete.
~ Marcy DeMaree~

~Author unknown~

Grandmothers hold our tiny hands for just a little while, but our hearts forever. ~Author Unknown~

If I had known how wonderful it would be to have grandchildren,
I'd have had them first.
~Lois Wyse~

My grandkids believe I'm the oldest thing in the world.
And after two or three hours with them, I believe it, too.
~Gene Perret~

If becoming a grandmother was only a matter of choice,
I should advise every one of you straight away to become one.
There is no fun for old people like it!
~Hannah Whithall Smith~

It's such a grand thing to be a mother of a mother
that's why the world calls her grandmother.
~Author Unknown~

Grandchildren are God's way of compensating us for growing old.
~Mary H. Waldrip~

You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother. ~Proverb~

An hour with your grandchildren can make you feel young again.
Anything longer than that, and you start to age quickly.
~Gene Perret~

The best baby-sitters, of course, are the baby's grandparents.
You feel completely comfortable entrusting your baby to them for long periods,

which is why most grandparents flee to Florida
~Dave Barry~

I wish I had the energy that my grandchildren have - if only for self-defense.
~Gene Perret~

Grandmother-grandchild relationships are simple.
Grandmas are short on criticism and long on love.
~Author Unknown~

Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do.
Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.
~Alex Haley~

Grandmother - a wonderful mother with lots of practice.
~Author Unknown~

A grandparent is old on the outside but young on the inside.
~Author Unknown~

One of the most powerful handclasps is that of a new grandbaby
around the finger of a grandfather.
~Joy Hargrove~


It's amazing how grandparents seem so young once you become one.
~Author Unknown~

If your baby is "beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses,
sleeps on schedule and burps on demand,
an angel all the time," you're the grandma.
~Teresa Bloomingdale~

Grandparents are similar to a piece of string - handy to have Around
and easily wrapped around the fingers of their grandchildren.
~Author Unknown~

What is it about grandparents that is so lovely?
I'd like to say that grandparents are God's gifts to children
And if they can but see, hear and feel what these people have to give,
they can mature at a faster rate.
~Bill Cosby~

Grandchildren don't make a man feel old;
it's the knowledge that he's married to a grandmother.
~G. Norman Collie~

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life goes on as usual.– Not a cup is out of place at Nancy’s. Pastor Moe is not under the illusion he is being thrown into a snowbank. There are no coffee geysers. So one may conclude either that the poltergeist is dead or has not returned.
Petrovich is locked up in his office studying old Russian manuscripts. He is trying to find the dribblets that have to do with the recent battles. There are so many dribblets and so little time.
Milk train arrived this morning with a load of tourists in a special car. They all came because of the news stories about the battle. Well , most of them came because of the news stories. One of them asked no questions but went straight to the fly Inn and got a room. He won't be leaving on the evening train.
Nancy is having a no poltergeist special – a saffron bun and a cup of coffee for $1.25. That comes with free poltergeist stories.
Buddy East says that he hasn’t received the plaque yet for the contest but as soon as he does he will send it to Margaret. Sometimes everything gets all fouled up.
*****

Today's link-My Crazy Life- Come rejoice with a happy parent. Leave a Dr. John in the comment for an A.
My stomach was upset again today. I have no idea why. I did some reading. I watched my soaps. Took a nap. Arranged for telephone, cable, and internet for our part of the duplex. It starts on May 1. Trying to decide between Time Waner and AT&T was difficu8lt. What gave Time Warner the edge was they required no long term commitment where AT&T wanted two years. I did visit a few blogs. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

15 Comments:

Blogger Alpha Dude said...

What a nice tribute to your lovely wife, Betty.

Blessings to you, Dr. John.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Wonder post Dr John, you always have something wonderful everyday.

Blessings to you and Betty

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Nana was all of that and more. Thanks for making me think of her today.

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed those. I hope to be a grandma one day. But I am in no rush.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

My Grandmother was a grandmother for 40 years. My daughter was born 40 days after Grandma passed away. I became a Grandma at age 40...I love my grandchildren but I hope I don't have 40 of them...at least not all in the same room at the same time...

11:23 AM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting

I love that one. Great post.

1:17 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

"Every grandchild should have at least one Grandma"

1:43 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

though not quite sure whether the next generation of up & coming grandmas will even know how to bake cookies or hug

1:44 PM  
Blogger Alastair said...

I'm not sure if Pigeon falls feels more surreal with a poltergeist or without one...

Thanks for the grandmother thoughts, I must pass them on to my mother and mum in law.

And re: your comment on my blog - how does the US Church get by without rotas? the lists which tell everyone who makes the tea, does the prayers, reads the lessons etc etc??????

2:51 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Grandparents are living proof that having kids does not kill us parents through exhaustion and exasperation! Lori Linna

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My grandmother instilled in me all of the qualities I am proudest of. She also gave me this rear end, but we're not going to talk about that.

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alatair -- we have committees! And when we see the person in charge of this or that committee heading for us with the clipboard, we run!

6:03 PM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Petrovich needs a text recognition scanner so he can scan in the driblets and start data mining right away.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Being a Grandmother is the best part of getting older for me. I loved this post Dr John. Thank you for sharing!

7:29 PM  
Blogger butterflies said...

Hi Dr John..my grandson said to me today..oh nannie youve got bags under your eyes.With HORROR I looked in the mirror and saw none.I wondered does he see things that I dont?? Now Im really worried LOL.
Love to Betty.
Breathe easy my friend.

2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home