Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Fast Forward from Ralph 10

Saying for the Day: A man's best friend is his dog.
I have a good friend named Ralph and he forwards all kinds of stuff to me. Every Wednesday I try to pick the best and share it with my blog friends.



Where do pets come from?


A newly discovered chapter in the Book of Genesis has provided the answer to "Where do pets come from?"

Adam and Eve said, "Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see you any more. We are lonesome here, and it is difficult for us to remember how much you love us."

And God said, I will create a companion for you that will be with you and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourselves."

And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam and Eve.
And it was a good animal.
And God was pleased.

And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and Eve and he wagged his tail.

And Adam said, "Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for this new animal."

And God said, " I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him DOG."

And Dog lived with Adam and Eve and was a companion to them and loved them.

And they were comforted.

And God was pleased.

And Dog was content and wagged his tail.

After a while, it came to pass that an angel came to the Lord and said, "Lord, Adam and Eve have become filled with pride. They strut and preen like peacocks and they believe they are worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught them that they are loved, but perhaps too well."

And God said, I will create for them a companion who will be with them and who will see them as they are. The companion will remind them of their limitations, so they will know that they are not always worthy of adoration."

And God created CAT to be a companion to Adam and Eve.

And Cat would not obey them. And when Adam and Eve gazed into Cat's eyes, they were reminded that they were not the supreme beings.

And Adam and Eve learned humility.

And they were greatly improved.


And God was pleased .

And Dog was happy.


And Cat didn't give a darn one way or the other.







@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls– the little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fight poltergeists , the school band has a concert, and life goes on as usual– A good part of Pigeon Falls will be there. Everybody has a relative in the band. Tommy UK doesn’t want to go but since his older sister plays a flute his parents are making him go. Nancy is going because she used to play in the band and has gone to every spring concert since she graduated. Some folks think she should stay home this year because she might bring the poltergeist with her. Everybody , now, is calling it Nancy’s poltergeist. Poor Nancy she doesn’t want the thing , whatever it is. She never asked it to come to her shop. Why doesn’t it go and haunt the sauna. Give old Jack a little trouble. It could make things out of bars of soap and create images in the steam. But no! It has to play with tea cups and saffron buns. But it is not keeping her from going to the concert no matter what people might say.
The owner of Wink’s Woods, who is no longer Wink, has asked DC comics to produce for him a comic version of the battle of the Dragon and the poltergeist to sell in the store. He sent DC the story and some pictures of main street. DC has put an artist to work on it.
The agreement is that DC keeps all rights to the comic . Wink’s Woods has to buy 2000 copies at $3.00 a piece. They can buy more if they want to. They will sell for a cover price of $6.00.
Nancy asked Pastor Moe to come and see her at the shop. He came but he remembered what happened the last time he was there and seemed worried. She asked him to do an exorcism and drive out the poltergeist. He laughed at her and told her there was no such thing as a poltergeist. That was when the “no such thing” picked him up, carried him out the door, and dumped him in the street. He did not return. He is a slow learner that Pastor Moe.
Only the band members had to go to school today as their was some kind of teacher training. So TommyUK stopped in right after Pastor Moe sailed out. He joked that Pastor Moe needed a cape and a super suit. Then he could be the super flying pastor. Nancy didn’t think it was one bit funny. She was telling Tommy how horrible it was to have a poltergeist. Tommy told her she was looking at it all wrong. She was making more money than ever before. Her place was protected from dragons. None of her tea cups had been damaged. The poltergeist seems like a nice thing to have around. She sort of agreed with him.
****

Today’s Link– Is on hold till we return from Crystal Falls.
It was a very busy day, Pennie worked until noon then she left for Neenah. Then the crew came and now the house is almost packed up. There was no time for blog visiting. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

14 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Nancy needs to take some lessons from the owner of Wink's and get some poltergeist souveniers made.

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still laughing over the story of dog and cat's creation. It rings so true. No wonder that while I've had cats, I'm a dog person through and through.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

I am sure you are aware that DOG spelled backwards is GOD.

Add an "O" and you get GOOD.
God is good.

If you do the same thing to the word CAT.......

you get......

TACO.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

To add to Alpha Dude's comment with cat add a o to cat and make it COAT and then think of the song "Coat of Many Colors", my all time favorite Dolly Parton song where she sings about a coat her momma made for her out of scraps and relates it to Joseph's coat of many colors.

Funny stuff, thank you for sharing. This is why I like cats, not as much work as a dog though I still like dogs.

Blessed day is wished for you and Betty

10:26 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

As I sit here with a Basset Hound lazing out on the floor on either side of me - I almost feel like royalty.

Now if only one of them would get up off their lazy butts and get me a fresh cup of coffee. =O)

11:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I loved the story of dogs and cats. So lovely!

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's one very naughty cat in that picture. Tsk. Tsk. I am sure my cats would never do that -- while I was looking.

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't think of a single better explanation for the creation of dogs and cats than this! Just cracked me up.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

So very, very true.....dogs are for people who need adoration, if you are a cat person, you are self confident.....man, I miss my dog............sigh. Love my cat, but when I look into those eyes, what is often looking back is tolerance and disdain, sometimes contentment, boredom, laziness, but I never see that unconditional love you see in a dog's eyes....

6:20 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

I like dogs. Our Westie is named "Kippy" (short for Sir Rudyard Kiplin). Cats seem rude and independent. Like the one you show here. =)

7:42 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

What a cute story. Our cat, Coco Chanel, is very much like that, doesn't give a darn :-)

Josie

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Pastor-Today was a good day-I thank God again for Sherry and Chuck-they jumped right in and organized the cleaning committee and got the job done-(so I hear). I think I'm starting to feel better-my granddaughters stopped over for a very pleasant visit and my brother from Ishpeming stopped over with FLOWERS!!! First time ever-so I must really be sick. I'm glad your week is going so well-hopefully everything will go well on Sat. with the U-haul. Love the cat and dog thing. Both you and Betty take care-I enjoyed our visit in Neenah and love your new home. Take care, EK

10:03 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

what a cute story! I have never heard that one...( about the dog). I love it!

11:24 PM  
Blogger Bazza said...

I often wonder why people bother having cats as pets, then I remember, It's because they never poop in their own garden and most of them seem to do it in mine!

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home