Monday, April 02, 2007

Monday ! So Soon!


Saying for the day: Kind deeds make good ripples in the water of life.

It is another “ Leave a Comment Monday”. I continue in my self assigned task of translating old sayings into the internet age. Here are twenty more:

1. Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your comments
2. Gather comments while you may
3. Get comments while the getting's good
4. Give him a comment he can't refuse

5. Give the devil his comments
6. God helps those who comment themselves
7. Good comments come to the man that earns them
8. Got up on the wrong side of the comment

9. Comments are always better on the other side of the net
10. Great minds comment alike
11. Half a comment is better than none
12. Handy as a comment with no words

13. Have a nice comment
14. He ain't got a comment to stand on
15. He can't see the comment for the words
16. He cast a large comment

17. He got his neck rung twice and he's still a-commentin
18. He has deep comments
19. He has lost all his comments
20. He is a straight commentor

So here I sit with my tin cup and beg “ Please leave an old blogger a small comment or two”. Please! Don’t you want to make an old man happy?

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, poltergeists do what they do, and the dragon story contest drags to a close.-The judging committee of the Liar’s Club now has the stories and they have been given until Easter to decide on a winner. Buddy East says he will push them to get the job done because he knows several of the members tend to procrastinate . They would be members of the Procrastinators of America but they didn’t get around to sending in their membership application. They will do that one of these days. Of course, the local chapter of the P.A. is not in good standing because nobody got around to sending in the membership dues. That is if anybody at the national headquarters gets around to checking. In any case, Buddy, will push to get the results. One of the judges is already whining that the job is impossible because all the stories are winners and how is he supposed to chose one. You can see the entries HERE.
The Last Lutheran Church Council met last night. Pastor Moe told them he is going to spend the money in the building fund to get some new computers for the church office and to have the church repainted. He didn’t ask them . He told them. He said the Bishop expects to see this done. There was no vote taken. Tom Hasmore wonders if a pastor has that kind of power but nobody did anything to stop him. The church office computers were very old and the church did need to be repainted but Pastor Marvel would at least have asked and taken a vote.
Nancy ‘s business has picked up as people come hoping that the poltergeist will do something while they are there. The only problem for Nancy is that instead of allowing her to gather information about the community (local gossip) all they want to talk about is the poltergeist. Mr. Hasmore wanted her to tell how it poured the water over Pastor Moe. He really likes that story. But since the water pouring incident the poltergeist has been inactive at least at Nancy’s shop.
*****

Today's Link- BlahBlahBlah--Story of a Zombied sick kid who pees- Leave a Dr. John in the comment because they need a Dr.
A nice Monday, sort of. I got to visit all my links, watch all my soaps, and visit some new blogs as well. Bett took the dog to the vet because it wasa peeing every three minutes or so. The vet felt that it was all the water the kids gave it while they were here coupled with salty dog treats. He said it would wear off. It seems to be. Got a letter from our real estate people and though we have an accepted offer on the house there are two hurdles left. There is the house inspection and the people getting the house need to get financing in order. So we wait. Now I will get a breathing treatment.
GBYa

13 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Where is Tommy TW in all of this? Maybe the poltergist is really his ghost writer and is just waiting for his next assignment.

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A comment in time (on Monday) saves [the need for] nine apologies to Dr. John.

I do love Spring Break. I have plenty of time to visit all my favorite places on the net before I am forced to start my day!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Just coming by to say hi and leave my comment for "Monday Comment Day".

Thank you for the nice words on at my blog today, I will Thank God for you and Betty as well.

A Blessed day is wished for you and Betty

9:01 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

woe to the commenter, who does not leave a comment!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

A comment saved is a comment earned.

You've probably used that one already, but it's all I could think of.

Blessings to you, Dr. John.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Neoma said...

I love coming to your blog, you always bring a smile to my face. And that easy lately.....haha.

"Gather your comments while you can" hmmmmmmmmm

I think my Grandma said that....

I have a frog in the tree outside my bedroom window, I would like to see that frog, he keeps up a constant "tweet", sounds kind of like a bird, but he never moves from the same spot.......it is hard to believe a little frog can make that much sound.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Hyvä iltaa!

Tavallisesti kaikki tavarat are nice to find in your comment section.

Näkemiin

2:47 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Well, I can't comment. My mind has gone blank (as has my blog, sigh)... but I will be back.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Alastair said...

This is one of those moments where I would really like to be able to write something witty and inventive.

But 'have a great Monday' will have to do...

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To be or not to be, that is the question; Whether 'tis nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous comments, or to take arms against a sea of bloggers, and by opposing them? To write, to blog; No more; and by 'blog' we say to write the heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks that blogs are heir to. To write, to blog; To blog: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub.

6:22 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

It may not be popular these days, but I support our...
"Commenter in Cheif"

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, the pastor, if he must lead, can take such a strong stand. I'm sure that he's prayed about it, and has decided that it's time to step on some toes.
LOIS

8:58 PM  
Blogger Bazza said...

Fingers crossed for you on the house front. I liked your saying for the day, it brought back happy memories of skimming stones on a lake.

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home