Sunday, April 01, 2007

Time for Church

Saying for the day: The only question I ask when I go to church is " Is there a word from God."

Going to Church doesn’t make you a Christian. That’s what people say. And of course they are correct. But going to church brings you into fellowship with others who follow the Christ. Going to church lets you hear again the good news of what God has done for us. Going to church lets you hear a word of forgiveness for your sins. Going to church lets you sing the songs of faith and be refreshed in the singing. Going to church can be an extreme makeover for the soul. In other words going to church can be good for you.
So this morning Betty and I will go off to church. It is Palm Sunday so we will hear again of Jesus going into Jerusalem. We will sing the great hymns. We will come home refreshed.
Whatever you do this Sunday I hope it at least half as wonderful as this.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run, basketball is king, poltergeists do what they do, and dragons fly.-
Pastor Moe was in Nancy’s coffee shop yesterday and Nancy was telling him the problems she was having with the poltergeist. Pastor Moe then explained to her that there were no such things as poltergeists. It was an old wife's tale. At that point the water pitcher rose up into the air and poured its contents over Pastor Moe. Instead of admitting that he was wrong ( his idea was all wet) Pastor insisted there was a rational explanation for what had just happened. He just didn’t know what it was. He then left in a hurry as a second pitcher began to float toward him. He ran into Tommy UK who was just coming in.
Yesterday the Lion’s club judging committee got their folders and began working on the judging of the dragon story contest. They have to have the winner by Easter.You can see the entries by clicking HERE.
There were some strange things happening at Last Lutheran this morning. All of Pastor Moe’s sermon notes flew out of the pulpit and up to the ceiling . There they stuck. Without his notes Pastor Moe’s sermon was only half as long as usual and it made sense. Somebody said poltergeist. Pastor Moe said that was nonsense it was just some kind of odd air flow. That’s when the odd air flow picked Pastor Moe up and turned him upside down. He hung there in the middle of the aisle . A little girl in the back pew giggled. Suddenly he drooped to the floor with a thud. He made no further pronouncements on the existence or non existence of poltergeist . Instead he ended the service as quickly as possible. He didn’t even stay for coffee afterward.
****

Today's Link-It's a Wild Life & Unfortunately it's Ours- Some help with an address book- Leave a Dr. John in the comment and I might make it into the book.
Wonderful day. The church service was one that everyone there will remember for years to come. My grandsons stayed until almost 5:30. They drove me and the dog up the wall. I played canasta with Alex as a partner and we lost. I played canasta with Pennie as a partner and Alex and his dad as the other team. we lost. I played three handed canasta with Betty and Pennie and I lost. Betty won. I just ended up with no time to visit blogs. But I will get back into the ritual tomorrow. Now I will have a breathing treatment.
GBYA

6 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Eino thinks the poltergist is some odd air flow too. Wonder if he would get dumped with water just like Pastor Moe.

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, that poltergeist just might be related to Tommy UK. Consider the behavior ....

7:39 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Enjoy you day in Church, I like my Sunday free just to spend time with God, though I must admit I spend time everyday with God.

A Blessed Sunday is wished for you and Betty

9:47 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Happy Palm Sunday!

and...

Happy April Fools Day! I'm sure you got Betty with a good one! Hehehehe.

If not tell her that you're going to sign up for Google's FREE internet service and send her to the Google link.

www.google.com/tisp/

4:50 PM  
Blogger fennymun said...

I always believe that going to church and seeking to hear God's words is good to my family, especially my kids, though for most of the time they simply enjoy playing with the other kids during Sunday's school. It doesn't matter, as long as it'll become a habbit to them and someday, they may find the 'truth' themselves....

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what the explaination for the poltergeist is, but I think I like him/her.

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home