Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thoughts After a bad Night

Saying for the day- A lost mind is very very hard to find.

We have lost our collective mind or at the very least our individual minds. Betty, Pennie, and I really do need to see a shrink, maybe two shrinks. Our entire world has been turned upside down. The Fortress itself is shaken. Behind it all, of course, stands my sister. In some ways this is all her fault. She is the one who called and said we could get one at $700 below the usual price. She knew my history, and Betty’s history and Pennie’s history as well. The same history as Pete and Pat but they didn’t get a vote. At first I said no. We had promised “ Never again”. We had kept the promise, sort of. But then she said I should at least see what Pennie and Betty thought. So I asked. I very clear mistake. Pennie was determined to go ahead. My objections were ignored. So I called the people and was told they had sold the last one. We were free. It was going to happen. It was over. But the next day they called back. One, intelligent, couple had backed out. There was one left. I said that it was up to Pennie. I stalled. She came home late that night Monday. She wanted to go ahead she called and the deal was cut. Still I stalled I said to the sellers that they should hold until our check cleared just to be sure. This would give me time to look for some other solution. But no they decided to trust us. But still they were way up in the UP and we were almost on the bottom of Wisconsin. There was still time to save us. That’s when my sister, its always my sister, got involved again. She picked it up and yesterday there she was with it at my front door.
So now despite all my efforts have a dog again. A genuine AKC registered English Springer Spaniel. It’s just a puppy.
It cried all night. I didn’t sleep. My mind is anything but clear. But it is cute. My daughter is happy. I will survive. It could be worse. It could be a Bull dog.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where trains still run, boys talk to rocks, and basketball is king– Last night, after school, Tommy UK stopped in to talk to Eino. He said that the state athletic commission should make a rule against using magic in a game. Tommy UK was sure that somebody on the Wizard side was enhancing Brian’s play with magic. Eino said that there was no such thing as magic. Tommy asked how he explained an entire quarter with no score. Eino said that things like that happen. Besides if the Wizard had magic how did the New Potatoes win. Tommy suggested that Nancy’s poltergeist had come along and fought on their side. Eino was still laughing when Tommy left. He had tried to imagine going to the state athletic commission with the story of a poltergeist fighting magic and asking for a rule. At least they would have a good laugh.
Little things continued to happen at Nancy’s . An entire batch of cinnamon roles had flown up and stuck on the ceiling of the shop. She saw Tommy UK going by and asked him to come in. She held the ladder while he scraped them off the ceiling. The strange thing is no frosting was left on the ceiling and they looked as good as if they just came from the oven. They were both sure , however, that Eino would find a rational explanation for this. Tommy UK who got one of the buns as a reward said the experience hadn’t hurt them any they were still very good. Nancy said she was glad Tommy was coming by at just the right time.
Petrovich said he is sure that he saw a driblet that said something about “when that which can’t be is then…” but he can’t remember what follows so now he has to find the driblet again. There are only six thousand three hundred and ten known driblets so that may not be an easy task.
******

Today's link-Tb Tit Bits-If you like cats and who doesn't, here is a great cat picture. Please leave a Dr. John in the comment.
Now I have to go because Queen Maggie, Queen of all English Springer Spaniels, is calling and she doesn't like to be kept waiting.
Well my sister called twice today to check on the dog. The dog , of course, is now runing everything. It is not house broken all the way. We bought these special pads for it to pee on . It really likes them. It tears them up and then pees on the kitchen floor. My grandaughter called to see how the dog was. The dog gets more calls than we do. I did some reading and some blogging when the dog allowed me to. It has sucj cute eyes. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

21 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Hmmm. Should have spent the money on a Garmin for Betty. That dog will never be able to read a map. Tho I suppose if you get lost, it will help find the way home.

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Petrovich needs to type the dribblets into a computer program with a search engine.

Happy puppy training. Hide your shoes.

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the baby's name? When will we see pictures?
I love janvangogh's comment.

Sue

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you didn't mention that your grandaughter is also happy and jumped for joy yesterday! Even though there was a thunderstorm!

TCoB

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you didn't mention that your grandaughter is also happy and jumped for joy yesterday! Even though there was a thunderstorm!

TCoB

6:40 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

You will have to post some pictures. Enjoy your new puppy.

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pictures of the new grandpuppy, please? She will be a blessing to your home...chewed shoes and all.

If the poltergeist isn't the dragon or the rabbit gone invisible, maybe it's the hermit?

9:20 AM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

So, for the next couple of months there will be howling and training and loving and "AAUUGGHH...The Carpet!!"

But it gets better.

Here's wishing you a restful night real soon.

Blessings.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

A new furbaby!! How wonderfully exciting. Yep, we need pictures. I am sure she is just darling. Enjoy her companionship even though these first weeks will be time-consuming & trying it will all be worthwhile in the end. Happy puppy training!!

Blessed be...

10:48 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

lol Have You lost your Mind
Seven hundred for a dog? lol!
You could have got one of those Japanese robot ones for that.
And turned it off at night.

No house training & no vet bills.

But kidding aside, can't beat dogs as pets, and can't beat spaniels as dogs - well unless you like golden retrievers or poodles.

Funny thing though GOD-Man-DOG
Men (even the faithless) expect loyalty and 'strict' obedience from their dogs, which is more than God is known to expect from Men (or women)

2:29 PM  
Blogger Alastair said...

Those little furballs do wheedle their way into your heart pretty quickly...

Am inordinately fond of our two collies myself...

3:40 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

I'd fallen behind in my blog reading. Always a pleasure to get caught up here.
Our snow is gone and it feels like spring down here in the LP.
Love your quotes!

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, a cute little puppy for the fortress! How perfect, a little princess to complete the family. Enjoy the little one she sounds like she will be a hand full for awhile, but it will all be worth it.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Awww! I can't wait to see pictures and video!!! Go ahead Dr. John make her a star.

You Tube her and before you know it, pet food and pet medicine companies will be offering you contracts to exploit the little cutie.

Move over Morris the Cat!

Hey, remember this commercial jingle?

"My dogs better than your dog,
My dogs better than yours,
My dogs better,
'cause she eats Kennel Ration -
My dogs better than yours."


(Ugh, showing my old age!)

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the puppy. My in-laws got a wee 'un about a month before Christmas...she has sinced moved out. The folks decided there was a distinct reason that God planned humans to have 'babies' at a young age. Dolly the puppy was just too much for a grandma/pa.
I hope your baby settles in quickly for you.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i'm so happy for you all. a pup is exactly what you need i betcha. your heart already melted. she/he is the luckiest pet in the world.
Weezie sent you by email the story. i do hope you get it. i don't think you always get my emails..pls let us know if you don't, she is so excited.

i miss you and the others so much. the pain is relentless. first thing am i'm going for a second ultrasound. now i have had one last wk and a catscan and they still can't see where the fuzz is coming..they say it's my left ovary but i don't know. i can't sit or walk, the pain is strong.

in hospital most of last wk and one doc gave me pain medicine, a shot that of something i was allergic to. i told him, many times what i was allergic to and still..i was unconsious for almost 7 hours and i had no left arm for almost 2 days, grrrr...after that mix up let me tell you how nice the hospital was to me..the docs and all apologized..this is the 2 time this silly doc has made mistake. i forgive him but will not sue but he will be dealt with internally i think, for they knew what occurred..

one or the other of my kids is trying to read me your blog a few times a wk and Bev's too...i think if i don't get to make my own comment they will be dictated what to write so that i know i'm enjoying your beautiful blog.

i miss you all. i'm fighting dr.JOhn. i had given up again, the night before my dads anniversary was sooo hard but that night i dreamed with him and my great grandfather sitting chatting in a room full of family of mine. everyone there. i was in heaven in my dream..and my great grandfather held me in his lap and cuddled me and i don't know what he said to me but it was comforting and when i finally woke up i felt like my batteries had been recharged and i had strenght back again. it was a precious gift from God. since then i have fighting back again and i will. i will beat this and get it all under remission again. with God's mercy and love and faith for i have so much to still do. i just get tired, it's been a long time to be sick, wk after wk but i must not complain my cross is by far not the heaviest anywhere even at home.

i'm blessed. i'm happy for i know that. i'm a fighter and i'm fighting back and when i fall, God is there to give me strength and love and comfort, through my dreams and the love from so many in my past and present.

kisses and hugs to you and Betty and the fam.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I think the dog has adopted you. I used to have a Scottie called Maggie, and my sister-in-law has a Springer Spaniel called Patches and a friend of mine has one called Robbie. They're lovely dogs. I think you will enjoy Queen Maggie, once she has you housebroken.

Josie

11:17 PM  
Blogger butterflies said...

Oh congrats on your new baby!
Hard work yes,but full of love too!
Breathe easy

11:48 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Okay, let me get this straight, YOU PAID MONEY for a dog......I just happen to know a person about three blocks over who has SEVEN, YES SEVEN puppies, three of which look just like Lou, all for free....I could have gotten you probably....say....four.....for next to nothing, no, exactly nothing......he is really wanting to give them away. And did I mention, they look very much like Lou......

12:22 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Picture, I need a picture of the cute new puppy.

3:57 AM  
Blogger koyilada said...

hi thanks for adding my blog link into ur blog and i am happy that so many of readers enjoyed this

http://tbtitbits.blogspot.com

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home