Saturday, March 17, 2007

Things to Do

Saying for the day- A good list saves much time.

Its almost spring so I thought I would make up a to do list. I saw this on Margaret’s blog the other day.
Things I need to get done.
1. Drive to Crystal Falls and pick up some much needed things we left the re.
2. Do our income tax. I bought Turbo Tax. I just haven’t gotten around to using it yet.
3. Go to Menards and get two 4 X 8 pieces of plywood for train layout base.
4. Build the 2’ by 4’ tables the layout will rest on.
5. Get a haircut. Every day Betty says “Get a haircut”. But I can still see.
6. Arrange for April move of furniture from Crystal Falls to Neenah.
7. Move into our own half of the condo.
8. Get the last Harry Potter book. ( Can’t do until July)
9. Finish reading “ The Dragon Reborn”
10. Buy a lottery ticket. ( Can’t win if you don’t buy)
11. Make some saffron buns for Easter.
12. Get birthday gifts for Luke and Caleb
13. Find more blogs to use as “ Today’s Link”
All of these should be done before August. You have to give yourself a little room .

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town where trains still run, boys talk to rocks, and basketball is king.-This afternoon the big game in Marquette. If the New Potatoes win this one they go downstate. Both Tommy UK and Tommy TW plan on going as they did the last one. Tommy UK , of course will take his rock. He goes nowhere without it. The coach has reminded the team that they have to play better than they did in the last game. They can’t depend on a blast of air to save them.
Yesterday was St. Urho’s day and Pigeon Falls celebrated with a big St. Urho’s Day dance. The color of the day was purple. St. Urho was the priest who, according to Finnish legend killed the last dragon. He is celebrated in Pigeon Falls as St. Urho , Dragon Slayer. Of course in other places the revisionists have changed the story to make it look like the story of St. Patrick. All they want to do is drink purple beer one day and green the next. That’s not to say that no purple beer was consumed in Pigeon Falls yesterday but at least they celebrated the real mythical figure. None of this grasshopper nonsense. Mayor Trumble read the epic poem “ St. Urho -Dragonslayer” . She read it with fire. The poem was translated from the original old Finnish manuscripts found in a Finnish farmers back yard and written on goatskin. Mrs. Trumble really likes the part where the dragon dies. She read that twice. There was even a little parade with somebody dressed in flowing purple robes waving and throwing candy. That part was played by good old Eino. The only sad thing was that our local dragon didn’t make an appearance. Eino carried a big stick just in case. There was one odd thing . A beer keg blew open and the beer rose like a fountain and people swear it formed a dragon in the air, a purple beer dragon. But then the beer just fell to the ground. Eino says the people that saw a dragon had been drinking too much purple beer. But Nellie Milonen who is eighty years old and hasn’t had a drink of alcohol in her entire life says she saw it. She thought it was pretty clever what they can do with beer these days.
Nancy says her poltergeist must have left the shop and come to the parade. She didn’t know it was so artistic. She was joking , of course. But in keeping with the day she served a purple tea. It tasted pretty good.
****

Today's Link-Edith's Section- A poem to add to your weekend. Plases leave Dr, John in the comment.
I blogged in the morning. Then I read for most of the day. I finshed "The Dragon Reborn" . Now I have to go and buy the next book in the series. Betty and {ennie went out and did some shopping. My sister called to tell us that Forest Park made it downstate and that an old neighbor died. I finished the day by visiting all the links. Now I'll have a breathing treatment.
GBYA

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lists...without them I'd never get anything done. Nowdays I need lists of my lists. Did you get my e-mail with the address?

5:54 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Were they shouting, "Heinäsirkka, heinäsirkka, meine täättä hiiteen" ?

6:20 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I can't live without my lists either.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Dr. John, you mustn't rush into anything :-)

I did my taxes the other day, and I actually got a small refund. I usually have to pay.

Have you ever published the recipe for the saffron buns? They sound absoluely wonderful. When I was a little girl I had a friend whose family was Finnish, and her mother used to always serve the best sweet breads whenever I went to visit them. I have never tasted anything like them.

Josie

8:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good idea about the list-maybe I will get around to making one one of these days - also, Chana, if you read this--still having trouble leaving comments on your blog--but the lovebirds were touching!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Tina Dray said...

just dropping by to say a quick "hi" and wish you and betty well!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Bazza said...

I'm lucky because wifey cuts my hair, the first I usually know about it is when I hear the clippers buzzing.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Ahhh! The To Do List. I did manage to finally knock my taxes out yesterday. I just hadn't mailed them yet.

The Lawn is now mowed and I can get to work on some Gardening this week. Little by little... I'll get there. =O)

1:56 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

10. Buy a lottery ticket.
( Can’t win if you don’t buy)


lol Dr John - The truth laid bare.
One cannot buy ones way into heaven, and 1 cannot get in to a club unless one finds the door ...

"Knock knock knocking on heaven's door..." - Eric Clapton

3:45 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I rarely make lists but I should! My ex husband made lists everyday...drove me nuts...I think thats why I dont do them.

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Almost Spring?! It has been 90F here for the last three days. I'd say that qualifies as summer!

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, I should do a list. I am not organized enough to follow any list I may make. I just "do" and hope for the best. Hope you have each item scratched off by August.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home