Monday, March 12, 2007

Comments Please

Saying for the day:If God wanted us to comment He'd have given us a keyboard.

Its “Leave a Comment Monday and I continue my unending task of bringing old sayings into the computer age. ( I have only twenty more pages of old sayings to go) And here are the next twenty:
1. Captain of his comments
2.. Cast comments
3. Cat got your comment
4. Comment as comment can

5.. Caught between a good comment and a bad one
6.. Caught with your comments down
7. Change a fool against his will, he makes the same comments still
8.. Comments come home to roost

9.. Choose the lessor of two comments
10.. Clean as a comment
11. Clear as a comment
12. Close but no comment

13. Comments don't make the blog
14. Cock and bull comment
15. Coin a comment
16. Cold as a witches comment

17. Comment what may
18. Comment by one's absence
19. Cooked his comment
20. Cool as a comment

Now please your comment.

@@@# News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run, boys talk to rocks, and the Liar’s Club waits for stories.– Buddy East , the Great Grand Liar of the Year, is upset that they don’t have more stories. “ Are there no story tellers left that could write a little dragon story?” He asked at yesterday’s club meeting. In the great wide internet are there only two writers willing to try? The Club is offering the best prizes ever. They have asked their friends to help advertise the contest. What more can they do?
Jack filled the pulpit at Last Lutheran yesterday and did his usual good job. The interim pastor Norman Moe is supposed to arrive sometime today. His wife will follow sometime later as she has a teaching job in the last town to which he was assigned. Members of Last Lutheran are hoping he will be as good as Pastor Marvel. The poor guy has a big hill to climb. Pastor Marvel was very popular and that’s a problem to begin with. Pastor’s Marvel’s mother was Finnish and Pastor Moe is clearly not a Finn, another problem. Finally Pastor Moe is a good friend of the Bishop and since last years nonsense with the retired Bishop , Bishops are not the most popular people in Pigeon Falls. That’s three strikes . In a ball game Pastor Moe would be out already.
It would seem that Nancy is just a little upset that Tommy TW spent some time with Kathryn instead of her. She understands that he is interested in Kathryn’s research. She understands that a little Finenglish would add to his book. But she also understands that Kathryn is not bad to look at and is younger than her.
Of course Nancy has enough on her hands with the strange happenings at the coffee shop. Tommy UK was in for a cup of coffee on Saturday when the first event happened. The beautiful tea pot that Mrs. Marvel brought Nancy from Florida walked off the end of the counter, it might have slid. Poor Nancy had a vision of that pot in a hundred pieces but then the odd thing happened. It was just like a slow motion movie. The tea pot slowly sank to the floor and landed gently. Neither, she, Tommy or Mrs. Armond Jack , the other customer, had ever seen anything like it. Mrs. Jack said the shop must have a playful poltergeist. Tommy UK said there were no such things as poltergeists so it must be odd air patterns caused by the heating system. Whatever it was the tea pot wasn’t hurt. Then in the middle of the afternoon with only Bernie Howser having coffee the coffee pot erupted. The top flew off and the coffee went straight up into the air and formed a fountain falling back into the pot. Bernie freaked out and ran out of the shop. Then the coffee little by little settled back into the pot and the lid flew on. Nancy is wondering if the place is haunted.
Can a non Finn make it at Last Lutheran? Will Pastor Moe fail? Will more people enter the dragon story contest ? Should Nancy keep an eye on Kathryn? Is the coffee shop haunted? Where is the dragon? Whatever happened to Eino? And of course Is Tommy UK really the undertaker’s son?
****

Today's Link- Avcr8teur's own Little Universe- A chance to see 33 pictures, count them, of Boston all in one place. Leave the picturesque Dr. John in the comment.
Back to dull dull days. I blogged in the morning looking for future daily links. Then I watched my soaps. Then went looking for train parts. I ordered Betty a new computer, She went to ELCW . Pennie bought a new computer. A laptop with Vista and a built in web cam. I visited all my links and left comments on those that had new entries. Helped Pennie get her new computer talking to the house net work.Like I said a dull dull day. Now i will take a breathing treatment.
GBYA

16 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Cat got a comment? Nice! That can go with Chana's post today!

5:45 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Pastor Moe needs his colleagues to show up for support - Pastor Larry and Pastor Curly.

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang that janvangogh, I wanted to say that!

A comment is as a comment does.

And I'm wotking on a dragon story. When is my deadline?

6:41 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

A comment a day keeps the Dr away, or in this case Happy. Actually the doctor I was thinking about was my doctor and my appointment this morning. Stay tuned to my blog for details on my visit.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

You caught me. Commenting with my pants down to my ankles. =O(

It's multitasking, blogging from my laptop while using the bathroom at the same time.

But hey, it's the only place where I can sit down and get a little peace and quiet around here. =O)

10:33 AM  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Comment ca va?

Okay, that's my Canadian contribution.

Love the enthusiasm for making comments. We tried an experient last year, 20 comment wednesday trying to make 20 comments and link blogs. I was enjoying it but then I got too busy for making the links Comments yes, making links time consuming.

What an adventure your town has in it's future with the new pastor. I sugesst you and yours go right up invite him for dinner and take him into your hearts!

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a suggestion for a painting title. I relly like your idea...it's going to be a contender for sure. I'll let ya know!

Love your list of "comment phrases"

Cheers
Candy
http://gnosticminx.blogspot.com/

2:58 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

That is really creative. Funny...

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life is like a box of comments. You never know what you're going to get.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Alastair said...

Here's my comment, as ever, Dr John! Am seriously considering what i might be able to write about dragons, but need to get my head around it when i have some time...

Besides I work to deadlines, not in advance, so it seems like a long way away at the moment.

4:49 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Talking about brain cells sending a comment at the wrong address
Is that like calling someone by the wrong name at 'night' in bed.

Alas, the brain plays tricks on us all. I have seen people who I thought I knew, yet closer-up they turned out not to be who I thought they were - and no, I wasn't drunk

Well not every time! lol!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

you have 20 more pages of old sayings redone? of course i can't do one, lol so i admire the ones that can much. good job your doing as usual with all you do.

your day seemed very, very busy to me. how do you have so much energy? i'm glad you are computer savy and can do so much..i hope Betty gets her computer soon and that Pennie enjoys her.

i hope more entries for the dragon story come in for you. Quilly will be a definetely contender for top prize. she is an amazing writer and story teller..and the winning prize is worth the effort for sure...

i hope that your breathing keeps on improving daily. that you are sleeping soundly and resting. that your angel, Betty and you dream with angels tonight. and that all the family is well.

God Bless and we love you so very much.

9:38 PM  
Blogger AVCr8teur said...

Thanks for posting a link to my blog with the Boston photos. Got lots of comments thanks to you.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

One persons dull is another person's glory......my husband is in clover when he has a new computer to put together, or something to link or download, or something to fix for someone on a computer. He was a computer Dr for 34 years, and he stands over our shoulders HOPING something isn't working properly so that he can fix it. he went to circuit city and bought me more memory........paid something like 150.....he said it would give me so much memory I could upload everything that I ever wanted.....I told him, remember last year you put in more memory.....I still haven't used even 1/4 of that. I made him take the memory back, he looked so dejected....but a computer has its limitations,........even more memory can't fix EVERYthing. We have seven computers running,,,,,and only four of us using them.......it is kind of sad actually.....NOW if he could only put more memory in my head. I would be very happy.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

My comment for the day: I COMMENT,THEREFORE I AM.

5:16 AM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

Oh well....easy comment, easy go....

3:13 PM  
Blogger chenmeinv0 said...

burberry outlet online
adidas outlet
canada goose outlet
ray ban outlet
tory burch sale
cheap pandora jewelry
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton
cheap nhl jerseys
ugg outlet
2016.12.8xukaimin

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home