Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Words my Kingdom for some Words

SAying for the day- The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray.

In order to do a blog entry every day I sort of plan them out a week in advance. I don’t work out the details but the theme for the day is noted and anything I think of with that theme I jot down as the week goes along.
I had another word play blog planned for today. One like last Tuesday using the eighteen words of Cindra’s contest. I was excited by the possibility because Cindra said this was going to be a special contest as it was number XX. I saw myself working those wonderful words of the week into a fantastic blog ( I’m a dreamer).
What we have instead is a mystery. There are no words . There is no contest. I started looking on Sunday night and looked all day Monday and again this morning. There is a beautiful blog with wonderful birthday greetings. If you really search there is a bit of a contest left over from January filed under games. Now I am beginning to wonder what I missed. Was there a note saying “ Due to circumstances beyond my control the contest is canceled” ? I didn’t see it. I have this terrible fear that the contest is there and I am hallucinating again (I did that in the hospital when some CO2 got into my blood.) Have I somehow plopped into a different universe in which things are the same but just a little different? Have I spent too much time watching the dragon in Pigeon Falls? Will I , very soon, like Tommy UK start talking to rocks? Will I have to dig my eighteen words out of a dictionary ? Perhaps I could take them from The Old Fart’s Blog. He uses nice words. Or from Catch’s blog she is very clever and likes dogs so her words can’t be all bad. I would take them from Dr. Kate but her blogs are so deep I might drown in those words. If I wanted fun words like “ munchkins” I could go to Josie’s blog. Quilldancer's Blog would give me words from smart kids.
What I need is some word software that would produce lists of eighteen words when I put in some key theme word. I wonder if there is shareware for that? If you “google “ words you just get pages about words not words ( I know the words about words are words but that make my head spin).
For today Ill take one more look at Cindra’s blog and then surrender. ( Nope, nothing there yet)

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls– The little town in my garage where the trains still run, boys talk to rocks, and wind and weather are just a little strange.– Pigeon Falls had a big storm last night. A good foot of snow fell and the wind blew it up into banks. You could hardly see down the main street. School got canceled. The city plow broke down. Then the strangest thing happened something that looked like a little tornado moved down the main street and when it passed all the snow was piled at the end of the street. Nobody had ever seen anything like it. The plow always left some snow but this cleared it all and put it in a very nice pile. The , whatever it was, continued down the highway opening up the road all the way out to the old Henderson place before it just sort of died out. The man at the meteorological center said the conditions must have been just right to create that particular wind activity. You know , right temperature, right amount of snow, and the right wind blowing to start with. In any case it will be remembered for years to come as the day the town streets were plowed by nature ( really it will be remembered as that weird day the snow got up and left the main street).
Whatever the reason for the phenomenon Nancy was happy. If the street is piled high with snow she gets very few customers. Now not only could they come for coffee and a saffron bun but they wanted to come and talk about what had happened. With each telling the amount of snow moved increased and the entire event grew by dramatic proportions.
Petrovich says that as soon as he gets the third driblet translated ( Coptic isn’t easy to translate) he is going to go to his friends on the internet to get help in applying it to today’s events. He thinks they might see things he can’t see. He will even give a prize for what he thinks is the best application. If you have a creative mind ( if you think at crazy angles) you might watch for this.
Tommy UK took his pet walk rock out for a walk this morning. He doesn’t go anywhere without that rock. His leg seems to have healed completely , somewhat ahead of what the doctor predicted. He seems unusually happy.
Tommy TW told Nancy he is trying to figure out how to add today’s weather phenomenon to his book “ Murder in the Sauna”. Nancy told him he can’t include everything and besides the murder is set in the summer. She is still reading what he has already written.
Is there anything normal in Pigeon Falls? Could the weather have something to do with the dragon? Is the door between dimensions opening and letting odd things into our world/ And what of poor Tommy? Will he need a psychiatrist or will the rock suffice? And of course isTommy really the undertaker’s kid?
*****

Today's Link-American Babble. Com- Should she work at keeping and old relationship or not? Help her decide. Leave a DR. John in the comment.Please
Very good day in terms of breathing. Did some blogging in the morning. Watched my soaps then did something stupid. I decided to upgrade my blog template to drag and drop. I thought it has to be easier than html. I can always go back to the old template. It wasn't easier and I can't go back. So I ended up with a mess. At one time a real mess. Now I have lost all the extra stuff along the side like my links so until I figure out how to get them back I can't visit anybody. Well I can but I have to go through my wife's blog. I still have a huge gap between the bottom of the picture and the words. I have lost my counter. My archives are spread out . I could scream. I forgot Linna's law 26. " Whenever you do something to make life easier it gets harder." Then my doctor called and canceled tomorrows appointment. Then I discovered that just when I was really enjoying the contest Cindra has put it on hold until next fall. I need a breathing treament and then I am going to hide under the covers.
GBYA

11 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

I bet that pile of snow would make a great snow fort.

Dragon story contest still on?

5:53 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Thanks for the link today, and thank you for saying I use nice words. I'd be honored if you used some of my words, though I don't think I have 18 special words for you to use.

Interesting storm in Pigeon Falls, If only it would happen all the time. But then the snowplow driver wouldn't have his job.

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. John, did you know that Cindra moved her game blog? It is here: http://cindra.typepad.com/weekly_word_game/ And, yes, you did miss a note that the game is on hiatus.

Sorry I wasn't here yesterday for your leave a comment Monday. My life was too crazy. I'm here now. Does that count?

12:01 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

I have this terrible fear that the contest is there and I am hallucinating again (I did that in the hospital when some CO2 got into my blood.)

The Bubble - Dream within the Dream
Are we awake or dreaming we are awake. Sometimes dreams can 'feel' so real - whether good or bad - just like life. Mind you in the Cosmic scale of things, is life on earth more than the blink of an eye

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might not have had a list, but you certainly found enough words to put together your usual interesting post.

3:01 PM  
Blogger butterflies said...

Glad to hear youre breathing better.
Im too scared to do anything to my blog in case I stuff it up.Im not very good at that sort of thing and would hate to lose any of it.
Have a nice evening

5:29 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I know you have been really enjoying Cindra's contest. I'll have to take a peek and see how things are going over there.

If you have any problems fixing up things here on the blog, feel free to ask. I may be able to help and I'm off of work tomorrow! Yeah!!!!

5:33 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Dr John

When you go into your blog an click on customize, click on the dashboard and click layout and then click on edit html and you should then at the bottom have the option to click on revert to classic template and your old familiar blog should return.

hope this helps

8:05 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

oh my Dr. John, i'm so sorry. you must have a huge headache with all this..ok not to worry, Margaret knows about computer and she loves you and would love to help and Tyhe Old Fartis computer knowlegeable too and he too loves you and would help...so you are not alone and you have friends, we have good people that can help..don't let this stress you out and worry you. i do dearly hope you are having a good sleep and letting this be until later.

now about your comment, i am so beyond touched and my eyes went watery with emotion..i love you too..thank you, thank you..

God Bless and keep on getting stronger and better and don't worry, you will have this fixed again.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

and we can start our own contest for you..or something, don't worry about that...i'll give you or someone a list of words if you like..anything is possible. you keep reminding me that, :)

8:58 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

What in the world did you do to your blog???? the words are strewn ( is that a word?) all over the place...

Cindras contest was canceled, I read that in Mr Fabs blog. I forget why though..sorry, sometimes Im a ditz.

You plan your posts? I fly by the seat of my pants...but as you say, you never know what your going to find over at my place...lol. I hope thats why you come back...you like suprises!

Im waiting on this 4 inches of snow they say we are going to get....our weathermen couldnt track an elephant in 6 feet of snow....how do they know what we will get????

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home