Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Playing with words!

Saying for the day. Your toys are whatever you choose to play with.

I love to play with words. I’m not a writer. I just love words. When I see a pile of words I just have to build something with them. Its like when Joni Mitchell, the singer sees life events she has to write a song.In every pile of words there is a key word and if you find it the others dance around it . If I’m down or feeling blue I put on my old preacher’s sweater. The one I keep in the closet next to the shelf with shampoo on it. It looks so lonely hanging there slowly unraveling along the edge as if its hoping I won’t forget everything we have written together, Hmm! Perhaps by now you are wondering what this post is all about. You may think my support stockings are on too tight and have hurt the circulation to my brain. That’s not the case. Nor have I had too much of that sweet wine or too many Hershey’s kisses. Instead in my greed for words I have a new addiction. It can renew my mind and it undoes the dullness of the day. What is it you ask. Why Cindra’s word game of course. She has piles of words waiting to be played with. I have just done so. Could I have some applause, please?

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls– the little town in my garage where trains still run, somebody saw a dragon once upon a time, and life goes on as usual.-Pigeon Falls hasn’t seen much of Tommy UK since he got hurt skiing . His dad says he has been spending his night in his room trying to forget how it felt to hit that deer. The big dance is coming up and poor Tommy sees himself as a lonely little stay at home. His entire life is unraveling before his eyes. He bought a new school sweater and planned on making a grand entrance but you can’t do that on crutches. One of his friends brought over a bag of candy kisses but that just reminded him that he won’t be getting any of the sweet real ones, at least not at this dance. The key to understanding kids Tommy’s age is that you need to know they dramatize everything and make it seem worse than it is.
Nancy says Mrs. Morris was in and somebody stole all of her grandsons blue stockings off the clothes line. What kind of person is so filled with greed that they would take a little kid’s clothes? Or was it an adult? The tracks in the snow were very small. One wonders if these were the stockings her grandson hated and this undoes his need to wear them.
Fred Bubster left a video of a young lady using Bub Beer as a shampoo for her beautiful hair. The voice over says it will renew every strand. Hmm! That is some beer, Bub Beer.
The Pigeon Falls Day committee met and voted to ask Joni Mitchell to lead the Pigeon Day Parade and sing afterward. If they pull that off they will deserve a full round of applause.
Petrovich stopped at Nancy’s for coffee and told her he has finished with driblet two and they can see it on his website. The connection to the Cindra person is even clearer than before.
*****

Today's Link-Georgian Blues- If you ever had a relative that drove you nuts or a bad friend then you have to read this entry- In your kind and helpful comment leave the words Dr. John.
Well the day wasn't dull. we went down to the clinic in Oshkosh. I had an X-ray. Saw the doctor. He gave me enough pills to kill an elephant. I had blood drawn. No I had the blood drawn first that's how he knew to give me the pills. I have a systemic infection. I have to go back and see him again next week. It took so long that I went through two little bottles of oxygen. I came home and took a nap. I didn't do any blogging. Sorry. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

14 Comments:

Blogger SandyCarlson said...

Your word games are fun. I'm wondering if it's possible to play with magnetic poetry on the fridge and blog at the same time. You have inspired me for the morning. Thanks.

5:18 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Gregnicoff is giving us a warning in his driblet. Not a warning about the future, but a warning about Petrovich. The wall with HMM on it ---He Makes Mistakes.

5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh the talent you bestowed in this post! It makes me wish I had the time to sit and think about what I write on my blog, rather than to just post the first words that roll out of my brain each day. You inspire me to write better.....one day, when I have more time. :)

5:40 AM  
Blogger Alastair said...

Words, words, words....

No idea what to say, just thought i would quote Shakespeare to try and sound just a little bit clever and well-educated.

That post was fun. thanks

5:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dr. John- a love affair with words starts young. I remember begin an eight year old reading the dictionary. ( I didn't get out much) ! Then, when I got into my teens I would wander libraries -thrilled to know that there was so much wisdom, places to go, and people to see- in the books in that library. Here is what I tell my grandkids- "Words are fun!"

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are getting quite good at Cindra's game. I stand in awe of your ability to write not one, two stories with the list.

For me it's always been word origins and roots. I love digging into that, especially in Bible study, and finding something that makes me say A-ha!

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You show off! Using them all twice! Nice job Dr. John.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

you have a wonderful way with words and hearts. how great of you to share your talent with us all.

i'm so sorry that you have an infection. i was afraid there might be a reason for your breathing issues. the good news is that they now know about things and will do everything to make you better. pls take your meds and sleep extra and drink lots of water.

i love you very much and i do hope sincerely that with the first antibiotic you start feeling better. many hugs. God Bless.

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. John -- take care of you. The blogs will still be here when you're feeling better.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Dr John...this is Nurse Catch.....you take care of that infection! Take your meds and behave yourself. Im serious...its nothing to ignore! Dont make me call Betty! ;))

9:56 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Dr. John, that was really clever. Do you do crossword puzzles too? I'll bet you finish them, even the New York Times.

I hope you're feeling better really soon.

Cheers,
Josie

10:56 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I think you qualify as a writer. I enjoy reading what you write and you write alot; what else do you need to be a writer.

3:14 AM  
Blogger Bazza said...

Like you I couldn't get my entry to Cindra's word game to be accepted. In order that it is not wasted I am also going to post my entry on my blog. Thanks for the idea Dr John.

4:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sentences might look normal,yet they are never so. They reflect your sensitive feelings. I love them.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home