Renewing Old Sayings
Saying for the day: There is nothing as comfortable as a pair of old shoes.
It is leave a comment Monday. The day on which everyone leaves comments.
To celebrate the day I have renewed ( mangled) some old sayings.
Renewed old sayings now about comments:
1. A comment on the blog is worth two in the head.
2. A day late and a comment short.
3. A comment fit for the gods
4. A fool and his comments are soon parted
5. A friend who comments is a friend indeed
6. A man after my own comments
7. A man is as good as his comment
8. A man is known by the comments he leaves
9. A man of few comments
10. A penny for your comments
11. A poor comment is better than none at all
12. A comment of beauty is a joy forever
13. A time for all comments
14. A wise man listens to his own comments
15. A comment to the wise is sufficient
16 Comments makes the heart grow fonder
17. After the feast comes the comment
18. Alive and commenting
19. All good things come to those who comment
20. All work and no comments makes Jack a dull boy
I feel a need ( honesty in blogging ) to tell you that whenever you see the old sayings these came from you will feel a subconscious need to come to the Fortress and comment. You can overcome this hypnotic suggestion by leaving a comment on this blog today.
News from Pigeon Falls-the little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and Petrovich is at it again. – Petrovich came into Nancy’s all excited saying he has proof positive that Alexis Grengicoff was a true seer. It seems that Petrovich brought back with him some new driblets that were written in Coptic and that he has translated into English. He has discovered that the first driblet contains the same eighteen words as the word game at Cindra’s blog for the week. This he feels can not be a coincidence. It is as sure as that fat ladies will not be asked to contract for an expensive strip poker game. Or that you will never see a thousand lazy monkey creatures sniffing through the underwear department of the big community department store. You won’t see it even if you dream or if you really wanted to see it. Such wisdom might rub you the wrong way but as long as you have custody of your mental facilities you know it is no coincidence. For once Nancy didn’t know what to say. She promised to look at the Blog of Cindra and Petrovich’s website. She is going to have Tommy TW look too. Perhaps they will look together.
Aside from Petrovich Nancy had a lot of Last Lutheran members stopping in to cry a bit because they are sure that Pastor Marvel will leave them. He has been in Pigeon Falls for so long he is like a pair of old shoes. There might be better and newer ones out there but these are worn in and are comfortable. If he goes he will be missed.
Today's Link-MikeMcgann.org-A blog entry anout comments -Wow! Leave the usual Dr. John in the comment and see if sees it as spam.
Today was a nice day, dull but nice. I blogged, finished a book, watched my soaps, read the Sunday papers, ate a banna split my daughter brought home for me, blogged some more. Okay it wasn't exciting. Now I need a breathing treatment.