Thursday, February 15, 2007

Linna for President

Saying for the Day- Every job need just the right man and every job never gets it.

I’m thinking of running for President. Why, you might ask? Primarily because I have nothing else to do. I am bored. That seems to me to be as good a reason as any. So the question is do I have what it takes for the job?
Well , Let’ s see-
1. I have no experience . Put that on the plus side.
2. I don’t always make sense . That hasn’t stopped anybody else. The press will love quoting me.
3. I stand in the middle of the road. People are tired of conservatives and liberals.
4. I eat rice krispies very morning.
5. I have one wife that I have never cheated on and that I don’t beat.( except at canasta)
6. I had a friend who said I would make a good President. ( If they let him out of the institution he’ll vote for me.)
7. Esther says I’m huggable.( she was always trying to hug me)
8. I know where Iran is. ( that is important)
9. I believe in global warming. That should get me a lot of votes right there.
10. I can talk without really saying anything– But I sound important.
So you see I could be a good President . Well better than some anyway.
The problems are:
1. I don’t have any money. Americans love to vote for people who talk about the poor but not for people who are poor.
2. I have no name recognition. Not many people have heard of the mighty John Linna.
3. People misprounce my name a lot. Particularly tele-marketers .
4. I honestly care about the poor.
5. I don’t lie.
6. I change positions a lot. I listen to people . I rethink where I stand. ( The press kills you for this)
7. I come from a family with a long history of draft dodging. I’m not a veteran.
8. I believe all war is immoral.
9. I think we ought to tax the rich more because having huge amounts of money is immoral when people starve and have no homes.
10. I am a fussy eater. They don’t serve bologna and jam sandwiches at state dinners. I would heave if I had to eat what Presidents eat at foreign dinners.
11. I don’t know the difference between who and whom.
Despite all these problems I was thinking of running but then She who must be obeyed said she isn’t going to run around the country with me. Who will handle my oxygen. I can’t afford a nurse. So I guess I’ll just have to give it up. I could have done it though.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life goes on as normal– First an update on the condition of Reinhild Rintala . He is in stable condition and wants to be out of the hospital for Friday’s game. The doctors say that isn’t going to happen and they aren’t sure he should even listen to it on the radio.
Yesterday was Valentine’s day and Nancy got the most beautiful Valentine from Tommy, the writer ( Tommy, the undertaker’s kid sent Valentines but they weren’t beautiful) She put it up on the bulletin board at the coffee shop. She even made a special valentine’s coffee . It had a bit of a chocolate taste to it. Lovers stopped in had a cup of valentine coffee, a saffron bun shaped like a heart, and stared into each other’s eyes. It was so romantic. Tommy, the undertaker’s kid, who has never been in love says it was rather sickening to look at. Love seems to rob people of their common sense. Tommy UK (undertaker’s kid) liked Nancy better when she didn’t hum a lot , make silly looking buns, and odd tasting coffee. If that’s love he doesn’t want it.
Eino , who is a hopeless romantic got his wife some new bags for the vacuum cleaner for Valentine’s day. He never forgets a special day. On her birthday he gave her an entire carton of laundry soap. Now how many husband’s are that considerate? Of course, inside the carton with the laundry soap were the tickets for those days in New York that she wanted and inside the vacuum cleaner bags was that romantic DVD. He knows how to be practical and romantic at the same time. A wise man that Eino.
******
Today's Link-Blog This- If you can get by the music the question is worth considering- Leave the ususal Dr. John in the comment. When I get to be President you will get your reward.
Better than usual day. I spent the morning reading blogs to find the next link. Then I watched my soaps. Then we went to Best Buy so I could walk. That is one big store. I bought a game for the my PC and a game for Betty. Betty's didn't work we have the wrong kind of graphic board or something. I haven't tried mine yet. I did some blogging but didn't get to every link. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

21 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Tommy Uk. I like it.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Good luck on your quest for becoming President. It that fails maybe you could run here and become Prime Minister.

6:50 AM  
Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

Please consider changing your mind on the President thing - we someone who thinks, cares and has a sense of justice and compassion. And you have a myriad of bloggers who would support and vote for you!

7:50 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Alas Dr John,

All it takes is one Man to speak his Mind and stick to his guns

But men speak other people's words and only stick to their guns on half the issues - the other half they just lied about.

See, allegedly most people are 'christian' in the US and care about the poor - yet they always vote for lower taxes, sod welfare and the poor.

See, allegedly most 'muslims' give charity to the poor - but don't like taxes. My friend charity is supposed to be blind - so why not pay taxes and vote for what it should be spent on
rather than be want to be seen who or what you give your charity to.

Hell, offering taxcuts is like giving $1000 or $10,000 to rich voters - now that is charity!

But it seems we all want money, and we don't care where from.
And when we get that money, we want to keep it and decide what to spend it on.

Because the state cannot be trusted
Where does all that money spent on the arms industry and war go - well to the Pentagon's favourite Charity.

See the State cannot afford to treat the sick, or give a bionic limb to those who've been maimed.
But the state can afford more weapons to maim some more.

See there are no poor doctors, and no end of well paid researchers, but the number of the sick and those without health care, just seems to grow and grow.

So I say vote for Dr John
if all those war generals changed their military medals or degrees, for medical degrees, and all those men & women fighting in Iraq, were paid to care for the sick in the US

A healthier (and happier) world it would be. But don't listen to me. I'm just repeating what has often been said (and promised) - but none in power have enforced.

If Cosmic karma judges nayions rather than individuals as a nation - then the true measure of judgement or gift is not the number of millionaires in the US or the glitter of hollywood, but the number of poor and the number of sick without decent healthcare.
And the frequency of Natural disasters

12:51 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Oh yes you could have done it! And did it well. If you run I promise I will vote for you. Im gonna make up some signs in my garage tonight...JOHN LINNA FOR PRESIDENT!!!

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'd have my vote, hands down, as I can't see any real competition out there yet.

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you could be President.
Maybe test the waters by becoming President of a Chess Club or something and if that works use the fame as a springboard to President of the U.S.A..

4:01 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Better Be careful - the way things are looking word may get out that a wonderful "write in" option will be available in '08.

(Hmmm, do I have a Monday Post?)

Betty!! She'll get to live in a Mansion.. alas, Fortress!! Decorate it any which way she chooses. She can write a book and it would be the #1 best seller. She'll have her own Saffron Bun bakery and make millions.

You on the other hand, get something along the lines of $257,000 a year salary. Free Transportation, protection, a personal chef available 24hrs a day for your every whim, Fashion designers will offer to give you free suits, an oxygen mask company will give you free masks, health insurance can't be beat.

I don't know, seems more pros than cons here. Betty needs to rethink this here possibility. =O)

4:58 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

if only the politics would have your heart and soul and ethics..i think sometimes some do start with the best of intentions but soon they too get sucker into 'it'...

i know you would read her post soon but just to give you heads up, James is now in a coma and he is not in his last...
i do know how much you all pray for him and Bev so i'm here to thank you many times over. you are a great friend to all of us.

God Bless...someday sir, we shall all meet and spend time together. i hope it's in this plane but if not the better..someday we shall all be together and won't that be just wonderful..

i love you, i love Betty. it seems fitting to say that all over again. not a second should pass that we shouldn't let all know how much they mean to us..

XOXOXO

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would have my vote!

6:29 PM  
Blogger fennymun said...

I like your list of reasons presented here. Unfortunately I am not American, otherwise would definitely vote for you!

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. John for President. I think I'll write you in.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Well, if I were American instead of Canadian, I would definitely vote for you. (They're letting me out of the institution next week, so they tell me).

I believe all war is immoral too.

Josie

Hey... you've switched to the new Blogger.

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John, I think you have far too much integrity for that job, and I fear that you would be up against someone who had no problem running a series of misleading and downright dishonest commercials designed to discredit you. ... and I wouldn't wish being 'First Lady' on Betty. Then again, I know alot of folks in here who would vote for you !

12:13 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I would have voted for you. I may still do a write in vote when the time comes.

3:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Visa/Mastercard/Amex/eCheck femara Discount prednisone No prescription levothroid Without prescription flagyl RX betapace Side-effects purim

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look like hold promise of, a construction group turned up to start edifice a forebears on the unfinished in lot.

The [url=http://daclac.000space.com/dan.html]737008[/url] [url=http://daclac.000space.com/jyd.html]701373[/url] 446245 [url=http://kamachu.000space.com/ndf.html]228564[/url] [url=http://limaimenapolnostu.edublogs.org/2012/11/28/shy-japanese-come-to-the-interview-wearing-masks/]9gy9y3ol[/url] down age relations's 5-year-old daughter indeed took an attracted through way of in all the

job adjacent on next door and dog-tired much of each period observing the workers.

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Confabulation era, a construction bunch turned up to start edifice a billet on the ill-defined in lot.

The [url=http://mios.my-board.org/sdi.html]459796[/url] 175015 398654 [url=http://daclac.000space.com/abd.html]678546[/url] 3xn9j1kx infantile relations's 5-year-old daughter indeed took an avail in all the

mettlesomeness grants on next door and drained much of each light of day observing the workers.

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditty aeon, a construction festivity turned up to start edifice a line on the fragile lot.

The 569670 7at5b5sd 194399 [url=http://poa7.000space.com/ysd.html]236570[/url] [url=http://kamachu.000space.com/ned.html]310833[/url] asinine people's 5-year-old daughter result took an invigorate in all the

ballyhoo growing on next door and dog-tired much of each age observing the workers.

10:50 PM  
Blogger شركة اوائل المثالي said...

شركة مكافحة البق بالاحساء
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالقطيف
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالخبر
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home