Linna for President
Saying for the Day- Every job need just the right man and every job never gets it.
I’m thinking of running for President. Why, you might ask? Primarily because I have nothing else to do. I am bored. That seems to me to be as good a reason as any. So the question is do I have what it takes for the job?
Well , Let’ s see-
1. I have no experience . Put that on the plus side.
2. I don’t always make sense . That hasn’t stopped anybody else. The press will love quoting me.
3. I stand in the middle of the road. People are tired of conservatives and liberals.
4. I eat rice krispies very morning.
5. I have one wife that I have never cheated on and that I don’t beat.( except at canasta)
6. I had a friend who said I would make a good President. ( If they let him out of the institution he’ll vote for me.)
7. Esther says I’m huggable.( she was always trying to hug me)
8. I know where Iran is. ( that is important)
9. I believe in global warming. That should get me a lot of votes right there.
10. I can talk without really saying anything– But I sound important.
So you see I could be a good President . Well better than some anyway.
The problems are:
1. I don’t have any money. Americans love to vote for people who talk about the poor but not for people who are poor.
2. I have no name recognition. Not many people have heard of the mighty John Linna.
3. People misprounce my name a lot. Particularly tele-marketers .
4. I honestly care about the poor.
5. I don’t lie.
6. I change positions a lot. I listen to people . I rethink where I stand. ( The press kills you for this)
7. I come from a family with a long history of draft dodging. I’m not a veteran.
8. I believe all war is immoral.
9. I think we ought to tax the rich more because having huge amounts of money is immoral when people starve and have no homes.
10. I am a fussy eater. They don’t serve bologna and jam sandwiches at state dinners. I would heave if I had to eat what Presidents eat at foreign dinners.
11. I don’t know the difference between who and whom.
Despite all these problems I was thinking of running but then She who must be obeyed said she isn’t going to run around the country with me. Who will handle my oxygen. I can’t afford a nurse. So I guess I’ll just have to give it up. I could have done it though.
@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life goes on as normal– First an update on the condition of Reinhild Rintala . He is in stable condition and wants to be out of the hospital for Friday’s game. The doctors say that isn’t going to happen and they aren’t sure he should even listen to it on the radio.
Yesterday was Valentine’s day and Nancy got the most beautiful Valentine from Tommy, the writer ( Tommy, the undertaker’s kid sent Valentines but they weren’t beautiful) She put it up on the bulletin board at the coffee shop. She even made a special valentine’s coffee . It had a bit of a chocolate taste to it. Lovers stopped in had a cup of valentine coffee, a saffron bun shaped like a heart, and stared into each other’s eyes. It was so romantic. Tommy, the undertaker’s kid, who has never been in love says it was rather sickening to look at. Love seems to rob people of their common sense. Tommy UK (undertaker’s kid) liked Nancy better when she didn’t hum a lot , make silly looking buns, and odd tasting coffee. If that’s love he doesn’t want it.
Eino , who is a hopeless romantic got his wife some new bags for the vacuum cleaner for Valentine’s day. He never forgets a special day. On her birthday he gave her an entire carton of laundry soap. Now how many husband’s are that considerate? Of course, inside the carton with the laundry soap were the tickets for those days in New York that she wanted and inside the vacuum cleaner bags was that romantic DVD. He knows how to be practical and romantic at the same time. A wise man that Eino.
Today's Link-Blog This- If you can get by the music the question is worth considering- Leave the ususal Dr. John in the comment. When I get to be President you will get your reward.
Better than usual day. I spent the morning reading blogs to find the next link. Then I watched my soaps. Then we went to Best Buy so I could walk. That is one big store. I bought a game for the my PC and a game for Betty. Betty's didn't work we have the wrong kind of graphic board or something. I haven't tried mine yet. I did some blogging but didn't get to every link. Well I need a breathing treatment.