Saturday, February 10, 2007

It's all about ME!

Saying for the Day-One of the hardest things to do in life is let other people see us as we are.

I know you are all waiting to learn more about me so I borrowed this tag from Margaret who would have tagged me but she knows how much I hate being tagged.
A.Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Santa Claus for Montgomery Ward
2. Deck Hand on an ore boat
3. College math teacher
4. Pot and Pan washer in the seminary kitchen

B.Four Movies I have watched over and over:
1.Wizard of Oz
2.Chronicles of Narnia
3.King of the Cowboys
4.It’s a Wonderful Life

C. Four places I have lived:
Chicago, Illlinois
Trout Creek , Michigan
Ishpeming, Michigan
Ore Boat on the Great Lakes

D. Four TV shows I love to watch:
1. Mon k
2. House
3. All My Children
4. Tracks Ahead

E Four places I have been on vacation:
1.Boston, MA
2.Orlando, FL
3. Cedar Point, Ohio
4.Las Vegas, Nevada

F. Four of my favorite foods:
1. Chocolate Chip Cookies
2. Pastie
3. Toasted bologna and jam sandwich
4. Potato Pancakes
5. Saffron buns

7. Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Crystal Falls, Michigan
2. Pigeon Falls
3.In my grandmother’s kitchen eating her saffron buns
4. Disney World

Now you know more about me than my kids do. Aren’t you thrilled?

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls– The little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and the basketball team is winning.– The New Potatoes won again last night. That’s all people can talk about. For the moment it has even pushed the rumor that Pastor Marvel may be leaving into the background. If you go into the Fly Inn you will hear basketball talk. If you go into Nancy’s you will hear basketball talk. If you shop in Wink’s Woods you will hear basketball talk. This is the first time since the consolidated school was formed that they have had a winning team. All the bad things that happened last year. All the weird events no longer count. Pigeon Falls has a basketball team that might go downstate. Nothing excites a small UP town more than a winning team. The New Potatoes are in the act of becoming local legend. How could life be any better than this?
Tommy, the writer, hasn’t been seen for several days. Nancy says he is settling down to write that book. You know “ Murder in a Small Town”. He has decided to make the victim the very popular basketball coach. He has to write while he feels inspired. Nancy, however, feels a little bit left out. She is used to having coffee with him every day. She knows in her head that he has to write when he is inspired but her heart misses him.
Eino is still not sure that Tommy, the writer, is on the level. He is still asking his friend in the FBI to run a background check.Nancy is Eino’s favorite niece and he doesn’t want her hurt. So far, however all the information he has gathered looks good.
Mrs. Trumble announced that’s she has obtained two grants for the library. One from a private foundation and one from the Federal Government. There will be a special council meeting on Tuesday to decide what to do next. The library , now, has only a few books and is in the back of the Town Hall.
Is Tommy, the writer, really a writer? Can the team keep winning? Will Tommy’s book be a best seller? Where is the dragon and the White Rabbit? Is Pastor Marvel really moving to Florida? Can there really be a Laughing Lutheran Church? And of course Is Tommy, the undertaker’s kid really the undertaker’s kid? One of these questions might be answered next week so keep reading.
******

Today's Link-Country Pictures- Photography lovers this is for you- Leave the picturesque Dr. John in the comment. Please!
Had a great day. Got to play with Grandkids. Left the Fortress for lunch ( Not Jam and bologna sandwhichs) Played canasta and Betty and I won. My grandson entertained me with his highly creative imagination. Peter showed me his new poratble with Vista on it but it is way out of my price range. Didn't do much blogging. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did a Google search. There is no Laughing Lutheran church.

Must be a roque congregation.

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can just picture you as Santa. I bet you were great!

Go Spuds!

7:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was thrilled to see that Dr. John and I are mutual fans of All My Children!! Who is killing the women of Pine Valley, Dr. John??

7:20 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Baloney and jam???? And you were in Cedar Point and didnt come and visit me??? Its only about 4 hours away! lol

7:56 AM  
Blogger Lucky Lady said...

Thank you for having me on your page very nice of you

8:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Greetings, Dr. John!

I've been away too long and had no idea you'd moved into a fabulous new castle-like fortress! When I come to visit can I please please PLEASE stay in one of the turrets? That would be a dream come true!

Hm, why do I suddenly have a craving for chocolate chip cookies and bologna? Could that possibly be YOUR fault?

Good to read that Pigeon Falls is still humming along -- I've got some serious catching up to do.

Hope you enjoyed your "Just For Fun Day"! I'll have to try that sometime.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Liked the answers, I must do this Meme myself. We learn so much about you when you do these. I betcha you were a good Santa.

9:07 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

lol Dr John
four not enough for favourite foods.

List four Apostles: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John (and Peter of course).

Now List The Four Riders of the Apocalypse

10:21 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

So you really, really do like bolonga and jam sammiches? My goodness! LOL!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Those balogna and jelly sandwiches do sound, um, interesting.

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! Go new potatos. That's the nice thing about basketball, size is not that much of an issue. I hope Tommy the writer really is a writer and not Tommy the Undertakers Kid's biological father...oh dear, now I'm going to be worrying.

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey -- you came to Las Vegas and didn't stop by!? I suppose you are going to use the lame excuse that you didn't know me then? Pft.

You beter come back soon because I'm fixing to move toward an ocean.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Dr. John, I still think it's fascinating that you worked on an ore boat.

I don't think the bologna and jam sandwiches sound so bad. One of my favorite things is goose liver pate and plum jelly. It's really good. I learned to eat it like that in Paris.

Cheers,
Josie

3:55 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Bologna and jam? Any special kind of jam/jelly?

How about grilled cheese and jam. Try it, you'll like it.

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hadn't noticed the new, or perhaps old, header until today. It looks good.
Good answers to the meme..

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John, Did I miss your entries about being on an Ore boat on the Great Lakes, OR ... Have you not written them yet? Sounds like an interesting story to me.

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home