Sunday, February 04, 2007

A Night Out

Saying for the Day- Truth is not always sticking to literal facts.

On Friday Pennie, Betty , and I went to a marvelous art exhibit at the Richeson School of Art & Gallery . “The Art Lady” sent us a special invitation. I had Eddgaar bring the Lexus round as I thought it would make a better impression than the Van. I wore my best Tux and Betty her finest formal dress as did Pennie( Not the same dress) Eddgaar drove us directly to the Gallery guided by our in the dash GPS system. Once we arrived at the entrance he retrieved my gold plated , diamond studded, walker from the trunk. Entering we saw this beautiful lady and new it must be “The Art Lady”. She was as charming as she was beautiful and we talked about Janvangogh the mutual friend who had gotten us this exclusive invitation. She showed us a special room that featured only one painting and that by Janvangogh. She also pointed out two other Janvangogh paintings. After that we toured the exhibit , stopping only to have a bit of wine and some cheese. After two hours we had to leave for our reservation at one of Appleton’s finest restaurants. If we had known how wonderful the exhibit was going to be we would have made a later reservation. We had a perfect table just under the chandelier. The food was perfect . I had a porterhouse steak but Betty and Pennie had some of that fancy stuff. After a long leisurely meal we returned to the Fortress. It had been a perfect evening.
If you don’t believe this fairytale version, its my blog, read tomorrow’s entry.

@@@News From Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run , dragons fly, and basketball is God.– With Pastor Marvel in Orlando Jack preached at Last Lutheran this morning. He talked about every Christian being called by God to some task. Some are called to teach, some to preach, and some to scrub floors He highlighted the quilting ladies mission and how they could use some help. Jack looks so much like a preacher that you forget he’s a lay person.
Nancy and Tommy, the writer, left for Marquette this morning right after church. They are going to a movie and then to Menard’s to get some supplies he needs for the Hermit House. He is in the process of doing a little remodeling. Nancy says he has made some really great improvements to the house. Wasn’t he supposed to be writing. When does he do that?
One of the snowmobile drivers came in from the woods with a wild story. He was off the assigned trail by just a little when he saw this man with a long beard and a shotgun. The guy fired at him but missed and he got out of there as fast as he could. Eino says he doesn’t know anybody that fits that description that lives in that area. Virginia Welton president of the SLSC said there would be no trouble if they stayed with the approved, groomed trails. Dang snowmobilers have no more sense than turkeys.
Tommy suggested to Eino that the guy might have come to close to that secret government installation. Eino said it was more than likely a poacher's cabin.
Is Tommy , the writer, really a writer? Is Tommy, the undertaker’s kid right about the government facility in the woods? Will Petrovich ever give his next set of predictions? Will we ever know where the dragon came from? Is Pastor Marvel really at Disney World or is he up to something? And , of course, is Tommy, the undertaker’s kid, really the undertaker’s kid?
*****

Today's Link-Sandra's Goings On- The Bed Wars fought again- Leave the words Dr. John in the comment in case they need a doctor.
Had a rough night with a lot of coughing so I napped a lot again today. The temperature was -16 so we didn't go to church. I did read a sermon on Alstairs blog.I tried to speed up Betty's computer and as such is my skill now she can't use it at all. Watched part of the Super Bowl.
Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the idea was that my painting would have a "captive" audience. :-)

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how Jack feels -- I have spoken a few times at church and generally get people insisting I go off to seminary because I am such a good preacher -- but a good preacher does not necessarily a good pastor make.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Terry Stanley, The Art Lady said...

Dr John you are quite the charmer! If I had known, I would've sent the golden carriage to fetch you and your entourage for our modest event. It was an honor to make your acquaintance and I hope we'll become better acquainted! Thank you so much for your kind words, dear sir!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Hi Dr Jon... I am here from Laurie's place... do you know how to contact her other than through email? Not that I am fishing for her info but I am worried about her and I have not heard from her in waaaay too long and am worried! If you do talk to her tell her Miz BoheMia sends her all her love and hopes all is well with her!

Thank you!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Sounds like you all had a fabulous time! It's nice to dress up and go to special events like this. I'm glad y'all could go. Janvangogh is very talented too!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Glad you had a wonderful time, and had a good meal. It is nice to be invited to see wonderful things.

I've added a new post to My Dad's Trains thought you'd might like to see.

Blessings to you and Betty for a joyous Sunday

10:27 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Dr. John, it sounded like a wonderful evening. Are you going to post a (pretend) picture of all of you in your best "dress up" clothes?

I must say, the thought of eating porterhouse steak underneath a chandelier sounds very nice :-)

Josie

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting post, yet again. I do like how you give someone a shout out in each post. That is a really great thing you have going on your blog. If I had the time, I would love to do the same. I only do it once a week.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Sandra Barkevich said...

Dr. John,

Imagine what a pleasant surprise I had when comments started showing up on my latest post at Sandra's Goings On.
They referenced a Dr. John and my curiosity was peeked.

Thank you so much for your "shout out" about my blog.

Funny that this link would go up today. My husband has been working on an author web site for me and the partially finished version has just been uploaded. Sandra's Goings On has been moved to www.sandra.barkevich.com/blog. Hope we didn't create too much confusion!

Thank you, Dr. John.
Sandy :-)
www.sandra.barkevich.com
*February 24, 2007 at Sandra's Goings On - Guest blogger, Terri Garey - Dead Girls are Easy

12:52 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

So thats Eddgar with 2 d's huh? I bet Betty wishes she had drove the Lexus to the art show and left Eddgar home to work on her computer! ;))

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usta live near Green Bay for many years ... there certainly are compensations for living near a big city. Besides the shopping, there are so many places to go & things to see ... so many resources for enriching ones life experiences!
BUT, THE U.P. (& CRYSTAL FALLS) HAVE THEIR OWN REWARDS, TOO.

LOIS

1:25 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

it is so nice to know you guys had a lovely night out. mixing 'art' with new friendships is an awesome way to spent an evening. Javangogh is not only an incredible artist herself but a kind friend to have set this up for you all.
**********
Jack's sermon was beautiful and profound. he is right in what he said. we all have a job to do for God, from one person to another, the job differs for He wants different things from all...
***************
It is horrible that you are having such a bad time with your lungs. a little rub in the chest and back with Vick's might help. it always helps and comforts me. a humidifier is a most for us i think too. i have a portable one right next to my bed and that helps through the night. i wish i could do something for you..i shall try to send you another email card. i did the other day but i don't think it went through.

i tried leaving a comment last night but 'it' ate my comment here and @ Nea's..i just didn't want you to worry or think i had forgotten you...never could i do that.

Hugs to you and Betty. much love to the family.

4:26 AM  
Blogger Alastair said...

Dr John, I liked Jack's sermon! Thanks for commenting on mine!

Also liked the way you wrote up your trip, but am hanging on waiting for the other version...

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

.That was a rather special and lovely evening dr. john

"Dang snowmobilers have no more sense than turkeys." haha lovely!.

But sorry to hear you had a rough night .

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home