Sunday, January 28, 2007

Googling a Disappointment

Saying for the day: You never know where Google will take you.

Thanks to Margaret I can see how many people come to my blog from Google and what they were looking for.
Most of them must be so disappointed.
For example the people from England who typed in “ Nancy Tommy” and got Pigeon Falls.
Not only that but it was Google’s second choice.

Or the people who typed in “ Photo of Birch Tree and Snow” and got my blog entry where I said I hate Birch trees.
I am sure that’s not what they wanted.
But it was the seventh item in Google’s list.

Somebody wanted “Chrishell Stause nude” and got an old entry where I said the way to get Google to send people to your blog was the write things like Chrishell Stause nude .
It works.
The Fortress was 6 and 7 in that list.

I have no idea why someone would look for “ losers alliance” but the Fortress was the number one choice that day.
The entry was about forming a loser’s alliance to compete in the blogexplosion contest.

I wonder if Google will ever bring anybody to the Fortress who will be happy?


@@@@ News From Pigeon Falls– the little town where trains still run, dragons fly, and buildings come and go– Nancy and Tommy, the writer, left this morning on ski’s to go to the family cabin. It was two below zero when they started out with a wind chill of ten below. The temperature didn’t seem to bother them. Love covers a multitude of things. They should get to the cabin by noon. The road out to the cabin is fine so the cabin will be warm and the coffee ready when they get there. They can sit by the fire and look over The Lake of the Loon and snuggle up together. That is of course as long as the cabin doesn’t vanish and in Pigeon Falls who knows.
Pastor Marvel had the two basketball players that belong to Last Lutheran stand up this morning. He congratulated them on their win. The two boys are an active part of Last Lutheran’s youth group. Marvel also announced that on Wednesday he was going on vacation . He and his wife are going to Disney World. He will be gone for a week. Jack, from Jack’s Sauna will preach next Sunday. Jack has a letter from the Bishop allowing him to preach and serve Communion. He is so proud. He framed it and it hangs in the office at the Sauna. Pastor Marvel said that he always wanted to meet Mickey Mouse. The members of Last Lutheran figure that they will be subjected to sermons full of references to things in Disney World because that’s what preachers do.
Lori Fortress was so excited by the New Potatoe’s win that she has offered to create a cartoon mascot for the team. Lori is a graphic artist. If it turns out well then another group of ladies will iron it on the shorts of the team. It is even possible that the New Potatoes could begin to take a little pride in who they are instead of wishing they were somebody else.
Eino and Tommy will meet this afternoon and Tommy will share his theory on the vanishing building. Tommy came up with this theory talking to Bree on the phone. He thinks Bree is cute. He knows she is smart.
Has Tommy really solved the mystery? Will we know why buildings come and go in Pigeon Falls? Will we know why there was an “Occupation”? Will we have an explanation for the stone man? Will we learn what Eino and Tommy saw at the end of the track? Will we learn all of this tomorrow? Will Nancy and Tommy reach the cabin without it vanishing? Are the loose ends finally coming together?
*****

Link for Today-
Logical Philosopher- Because everybody can use a little Twain- Leave the words Dr. John in the comment and earn my gratitude ( which ain't worth much).'
We went to Church this morning , just Betty and I. Pennie was on call. She had a rough night and got called out three times. WE went to Our Savior's Lutheran. We have decided that it will be either this church or St. Mark'sa that we will join. Both of them are as friendly as Lutheram churches get.The sermon this morning was a disapointment . Yje last time we were there the Pastor preached a powerful sermon with its roots deep in the Word. But today she gave her annual state of the congregation speach. I guess she figured most people wouldn't stay for the annual meeting after the service. Then we came home and I played a bit on the computer and read a little. Pennnie got called out again. Lots of people trying to commit suicide on the week end. When she got back we went grocery shopping. Betty has a horrible cough. I then did a little blogging. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

14 Comments:

Blogger Alastair said...

I think i found you on google once - but then i had a vague idea of the blog name, and you are ranked 1 & 2 for searches of 'dr john's fortress' you will be glad to know (I checked that before commenting).

Number three, BTW, is a scientist who lives near here who is a theologian and has written some interesting stuff on cosmology. Stephen Hawking also used to attend a parish Church not so far from here.

Liked the link to Logical Philosopher too, thanks.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Alastair said...

Have to comment again, i was inspired to google my own name and amazed to find that I actually make up hits 1 to 5 and 8 to 10 on the first page! Waheey, i have made my mark on the net!

6:52 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Today I googled New Potatoes Logo? and guess who was first?

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. John, somebody stumbled across, The Grownups Wanted Us Dead, accidently while looking up a quote. They liked what they found so much they laced my archives with comments, then ran back to their own blog and advertized me!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

I get alot of visitors from Monkey Pod Tree searches.

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nancy and Tommy UNCHAPERONED at the cabine?! Closest thing to decadence I've seen in Pidgeon Falls.

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been tagged on The Cedar Chest. Let me know if you decided to do it. :)

9:18 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Have you ever tried to google "Old Fart"?. My Webpage comes in 5th place, my blog isn't found.

Have a wonderful weekend

9:19 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Im here and Im happy!

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It always amazes me what searches bring people to my blog, but the number one would have to be searches for anything about the Steelers. This time last year I had more hits than ever before or since.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Hehehe, I love it! You'll soon find, if you haven't already some of the search terms are quite crazy. I get a kick out of checking them each day. =O)

I read somewhere to use lots of "brand names" or celebrity names in your blog post. A recent search that landed on my blog was "What is the difference between Maalox and Pepto?" My post had absolutely nothing to do with either and the poor fellow must still have a tummy ache after reading my blog post.

12:28 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Hi Dr John,
just thought I'd look in
before I do more googling

4:00 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Nice list. I have a service that tells me what words people googled to get to my blog, but I almost never look at it. I am a bit afraid to, to tell the truth. :)

8:02 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

You know, that's really neat-- I'd never thought about doing that, to find out about my blog, although, I'm kinda scared about what they'd search for to find me *LOL*

Anyway, I found you, and I'm happy-- I love your wit and comments, and as always, Pigeon Falls.

PS: Loser Alliance is a template site for MySpace, it's nothing bad, I swear *hugs*

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home