Monday, January 22, 2007

Leave A Comment Monday

Saying for the Day- Every week has at least one Monday.

The hands of the clock have gone round and round.
The pages of the calendar have flipped .
We are back at Monday again.
As you are aware I’m sure a long time ago the Committee on Rules for Blogs (CRB) set Monday as the day to leave comments.
The official title being “ Leave a Comment Monday”.
Since that time vast numbers of people have ignored the rule.
I being the rule keeper that I am never ignore it.
I leave a comment on every blog I visit on Monday that has an entry I haven’t already commented on.
I figure if I obey the CRB blogger will work better.
It is Monday and as a comment addict I am asking you to leave a comment.
It doesn’t have to be long.
A simple Hi will do.
You will note a few more changes in the blog that might be worth commenting on.
The Finnish Word for the day has moved to the white space at the top.
The list of Finnish words now requires that you click the box marked Finnish Word List.
The list was getting a bit long.
On the right hand side you will notice the Linna family crest.
Is it genuine you might ask.
I paid good money to a research company so it better be genuine.

Now leave a comment or read the news from Pigeon Falls and leave a comment.

@@@@-News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run and the dragon might be Finnish-Tommy, the undertaker’s kid, has decided that Tommy, the writer, is not a dragon in disguise and has gone back to trying to contact the dragon brain wave to brain wave. He is concentrating on sending a message in both English and Finnish. The message is “Hi! my name is Tommy. Hei! Minä olen Tommy”. His problem is that the dragon hasn’t been back since the parade for Mrs. Mattson. But the next time it comes he’ll be ready. Of course, if the dragon should respond to Tommy in Finnish Tommy is a little short on words. But he’ll cross that bridge when he comes to it.
Homeland Security has not responded to Mrs. Trumble’s demand to explain the “Occupation” of Pigeon Falls. Her Washington friends are telling her that they are being told to leave it alone. It is a matter of national security. Mrs. Trumble thinks that just a phrase the government chooses to hide behind. How can holding a small town prisoner for almost a week advance the national security?
Nancy had a great time at Tommy, the writer’s, place yesterday. He served another fantastic meal. Then they sat on the couch and watched a couple of DVD’s. She came into the coffee shop humming again this morning. She has such a big smile and looks so happy.
Milk train had some problems this morning. Somehow one of the tanks developed a hole. There was milk all along the track behind the train and by the time they discovered it the tank was almost empty. Once this would have threatened the existence of the railroad but with the big government grant that came after the “occupation” it hardly bothered Dr. Fortress.
****

Link for today-Adventures in Everyday Life- Asks the question " Should I renew my library card or take down the Christmas tree?"-please leave the words Dr.John in the comment even though I do not take down Christmas trees.
I finished another book today. It was a fun read. Then I started printing out all my November blogs to send to my sister. I do procrastinate a little. Betty went out to go to the True Valuer store but couldn't find it. She has some kind of cold and slept all afternoon. I visted all my links and left comments on all those that had new entries. Now I needa breathing treatment.
GBYA

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isnt Pigeon Falls worried about an influx of cats with the milk train tank leaking? Cats from miles around are going to follow the trail into town. A band of wild cats comes to Pigeon Falls. Oooh, I love kitty stories.

Well, no more mice. The cats might actually get after the White Rabbit. I had a cat that used to chase geckos. They are sort of like small dragons. I bet they would get after the big one too.

BTW, Tommy the undertaker's kid gave up too soon. He should ask Tommy the writer over to his birthday party and see if he can blow out the candles on his cake. Or better yet, ask him for help starting the fire in the sauna.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Alastair said...

Hi Dr John...

rules, of course, must be obeyed so here is my comment... Thanks for your comments on New Kid on the Blog!

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Comments are the only way we know if anyone is actually paying attention. I read a lot of blogs, but don't always comment since doing so would take up enormous amounts of time. I'm sure there are others like me out there equally as guilty.

8:45 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Gosh, the drawbridge is raised
family crest on the flag flies high
Dr John is at home drinking Rum
you can hear the linna people hum

10:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, Sir. At least here the sun is finally shining. Cats in Pigeon Falls? That could be catistrophic!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

Leaving a comment, as per CRB Rules:

Thank you so much for the saffron buns! Packed in a beautiful little box and kept fresh with Press n' Seal plastic wrap (isn't that stuff great?) The buns had that distinctive yellow color, like a paella - but they also had beautiful contrasting orangy-red streaks throughout, from the saffron. Very beautiful to look at - and very delicious to eat!

Thank you Dr. John and Betty for my wonderful (and tasty!) JC Points prize :-)

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The changes are nice and your crest is very pretty. I tried to comment this morning, but Blogger doesn't seem to like me before lunch.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

HI Dr John!

The family crest looks very nice on your blog! Hope you are having a delightful day!!!

2:16 PM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

Neat family crest.. I never understood them.. but have always thought they were cool.. Justyn's family has them.. his mothers and father's side..

I.. unfortunately.. do not... maybe it's just not a filipino thing..

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tomorrow everyone and their cat will be out standing by the tracks with their bowl of cereal waiting for a free serving of milk.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Finally stopping by to say hello and leave my comment. I'd sure wonldn't want to get on the wrong side of the (CRB)

PS

If you do a Google Search on the CRB the first link to show is the "Criminal Records Bureau" (Very British) http://www.crb.gov.uk/

5:42 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

As per your request here is a big, ample, booming, broad, bulky, capacious, colossal, comprehensive, considerable, copious, doozer, enormous, excessive, exorbitant, extensive, extravagant, full, generous, giant, gigantic, goodly, grand, grandiose, great, gross, hefty, huge, humongous, immeasurable, immense, jumbo, king-size, liberal, massive, monumental, mountainous, mungo, plentiful, populous, roomy, sizable, skookum, spacious, stupendous, substantial, super, sweeping, thumping, tidy, vast, voluminous, whopping, wide...

...comment!

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Dr. John!
How interesting that you are taking up Finnish. I know of a Finnish a cappella group who are amazing!!!! Some of their albums are in English but the bulk are in Finnish. They even have a beautiful one with Hymns.
Given the fact that music helps in teaching a foreign language, perhaps you might like to give them a listen to help in your endeavor. They are truly worth the listen.
Check out: www.rajaton.org

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your family crest is very stunning! Money well spent. Mine has an ugly old snarling hog on it. Nancy's romance seems to be progressing steadily with Tommy the writer. I hope he's not a player!

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Dr. John!
How interesting that you are taking up Finnish. I know of a Finnish a cappella group who are amazing!!!! Some of their albums are in English but the bulk are in Finnish. They even have a beautiful one with Hymns.
Given the fact that music helps in teaching a foreign language, perhaps you might like to give them a listen to help in your endeavor. They are truly worth the listen.
Check out: www.rajaton.org

7:07 PM  
Blogger Tina Dray said...

just leaving my comment Dr John hope you and yours are keeping well!

3:09 AM  
Blogger Bazza said...

Coming from me the hi could be nothing else but simple!

5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Dr. John! I think I might have a cold. Just thought you'd like to know!

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home