Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Logo # 3

Saying for the Day- Some people are creative some aren't. The trick is to know which category you are in.

Today you get to see our third logo.
First we had the logo on the lily pad and then the one that looked like a video game so today something very different.
Today no fancy flashing words.
Today a real fortress from an island near Finland.
Today a picture of the King himself.
Feel free to comment on this logo as you have on the others.
I won’t be offended.
I may go back in the closet and cry some more but I won’t be offended.
Just remember on Friday you get to vote and pick the best of the four.
Then you get to see that logo for a month.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls– The little town in my garage where the trains still run and dragons fly– Today is the 100th birthday of Louise Mattson. She still hasn’t gotten that card from the President of Finland. Other than that everything is ready for the big event. Louise got up early and took all the pills she has to take to stay alive. Her daughter came and did her hair. She is ready to go. Tomorrow we will tell you how everything went.
Bernice who is Tommy‘s, the undertaker’s kid, mother has started on a quest. She is trying to find her birth mother. She was adopted as a baby and has no idea who her real mother is. Her adoptive parents were very good parents but she would still like to know who her real parents were. She puts together stories in her mind . In one story her mother is very poor and the boy friend runs off and leaves her . Then she puts Bernice up for adoption so she can have a good life. In another her mother is a rich movie star that can’t be bothered with a child. Bernice has a very active imagination. Her adoptive parents have no idea who the real parents were. The lawyer who arranged the adoption can’t be found. But Bernice keeps looking.
Tommy, the writer, hasn’t been seen for several days. He told Nancy that he was going to spend some time working on his new novel “ Murder in a Small Town”. Nancy feels that he shouldn’t be bothered while he is writing. People have noticed that Nancy is humming less. He did promise to go to the parade with her this afternoon.
*****

Today's Link- Worth it All- Just in case you think people in your state are loony read this blog. REmember to put the loony words Dr. John in the comment.
We packed all the JCPOINTS stuff and mailed them except to the two addresses I don't have. I have sent e-mails to them. It took more time and effort than we expected. We went to Barnes and Noble and bought four books. So I will be reading on these cold days as well as blogging. Coming back I visited evry one of the links. Then my computer went bananas. It began beeping . It was enough to drive you nuts. So I turned it off and turned it back on but it still beeped. I ran a diagnostic test and it quit. I still don't know what caused it. Well now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

21 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

some creative, some not --hard to know--hard not to!

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The word verifier says: ickish, but don't cry Dr. John. This is my favorite logo to date.

6:05 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Very nice logo, I like this one. But it is your blog Dr John, you use the logo you like.

Glad the Jack Benny - George Burns clips brought a chuckle to you and happy memories

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one is the best--so far. But you MUST work on placement. Have some white space at the top. Right now a bit of your head is cut off. Not good.

6:17 AM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

I like this logo... yay!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I like it!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

I like it :-) It looks like there are icy fingers on each side giving the whole scene a big hug. Not sure if that's good or bad! LOL But like Anon said - need to drop it a little bit.

No crying in the closet today!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Tina Dray said...

like logo 3 makes you look very regal!

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this one! It's very befitting someone of your stature.

I sympathize with Bernice. I don't know who my father is or anything about him and growing up I used to imagine all kinds of things about him.

Is Tommy (the writer) feeding everyone a line? Is he really an investigative reporter? Does he know something about the occupation? Does he hold the keys to the answers we all desire?

7:47 AM  
Blogger Bazza said...

I haven't been by for a few days so I haven't seen logos 1 or 2, but I like logo 3, it has a certain grandeur about it.

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous is right, the Blogger tool bar above the banner cuts some off. It does the same with mine. Usually three to four short snips of lt; br gt; code before the banner at the start of the body of blog will nudge that down under the Blogger bar.

I like this one. (although I suspect something better will eventually unfold.) The colors are manly not girly, Finland, mountains and the King. I liked the sensation of a cove/harbor. Prime real estate beach-side vacation homes/condos for all who come to visit the fortress. Sister Church type buildings higher up on each side of fortress town. Makes me feel that when the church bells go off each noon, 6pm and for church services or weddings - they are in "stereo" working together and echoing off the mountain slopes.

Then behind the portrait of the handsome man who is King of this whole place is left a mystery. A protected, impenetrable mystery. The Kings Quarters, Castle or House? Makes me want to know if it is a giant glorious estate or a humble mountain cabin with red and white checkered curtains?

What is behind the Portrait of the King? His heart - enticing me to read your blog posts and become fascinated by the kindness of such a King. Makes me want to come visit.

8:37 AM  
Blogger SuzySnoo said...

This logo is great.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

LOL at the icy fingers comment. Looking at it that way it looks like the Fortress is God's very own favorite and beloved Snow Globe.

Do I like it?? Of course because I love Dr. John! His Fortress, comments and friends.

10:40 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Hey Dr John,
the king is cool
and the fortress too
Who am I to say, which one should be the header for a month and a day

But let it not be said I'm indecisive or cannot choose, one could be this month, one the next!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

I like this one much better than yesterdays! I like your picture on it......we will see what you have tomorrow.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is better but it is cropped at the top. The king needs a crown.

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this one. A crown would be a nice touch though. Or a crown and a whip..

3:14 PM  
Blogger butterflies said...

I like this Finnish castle..its my favourite so far.I wasnt into the flashing things either.
Breathe easy

3:33 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Love it.

By the way, I think you are definately in the creative group.

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This logo kinda grows on you (me) The next one will have to go some to beat it.

I think the logo would be improved if you would be able to make the picture of the king just a wee bit smaller.

Maybe I like it better because you said that it is a REAL FINNSH FORTRESS.

LOIS

10:06 PM  
Blogger Alastair said...

gets my vote too, but i will wait with bated breath (mint anyone!) for the next offering!

Keep up the creativity.

4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home