Monday, January 08, 2007

An anchor in a world of change

It is LEAVE A COMMENT MONDAY.
Saying for the day: Everybody needs some kind of anchor to keep from being blown away by life.

It is LEAVE A COMMENT MONDAY.
With all the changes I am making to the blog I have decided to keep this as a constant.
Its like an anchor for the whole thing.
Why ?
Because I am still a comment addict.
I need my comment fix at least once a week.
I still am not above begging for comments.
When I stop getting and stop giving comments I will quit blogging.
When I get up in the morning I read all of the comments from the previous day and savor each one.
Then I go the link for the day and read those comments.
Then having been refreshed I am ready for the day.
So you can see how important your comments are.
Therefore make sure you leave one.
Go to the link and leave one there too.
You are important.
You can make my day a happier more joyful one.
So please leave a comment.

@@@ News from Pigeon Falls– the little town in my garage where the trains still run and life is very normal indeed– Thomas M. Bradley IV was into Nancy’s soon after it opened this morning. It seems he was really interested in the drunken moose story that Nancy told him yesterday. He is thinking of working it into his book. In fact he might even have the murder occur while people are distracted by the drunken moose. Nancy , who loves to tell stories, was only to happy to tell him the story with all the details. She even gave him a free second cup of coffee. He told her that he hopes she has some other stories he can use in the book.
The “ We Couldn ‘t Be Happier ” nursing home has completed their new addition. It has ten assisted living apartments. Here people who need help with daily living can live and get just the level of assistance they need. They continue to have as much independence as possible. Eight of the apartments are already rented. Eino Jupola’s uncle Fred has one of them. Uncle Fred has had trouble living alone since Aunt Mabel died. At the apartment somebody does his cleaning, washes his cloths, and prepares his meals, In addition the other seven renters are all women. Uncle Fred is in heaven. Every day he gets to eat his meals with the ladies . He also found three of them that like to play canasta which is his favorite card game.
One of the ladies in assisted care is Louise Mattson who will be one hundred years old next week. One might expect her to be in a nursing home but she gets around well and really just needs help with her medications. The place is planning a big birthday party for her and all of her children , the one’s that are still alive and mobile will be coming . Along with countless grandchildren and great grandchildren. It could be the party of the year for Pigeon Falls.
******

Link for the Day-Finding Fruitcake- Here you will find a little help with love- Please be loving and leave the words Dr. John in your comment.
I am still phasing out JCPOINTS. Check HERE for yours and HERE for what they are worth. I will add some new things this afternoon.
I spent part of the morning workin g on the layout for this blog that I will switch to in a week or two. Then I visited every link and left comments on every one that had a new entry since my last comment. Betty and Pennie put together the saw but were short one screw so it is a bit wobbly. After that I tried without any luck to restore our in house network. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

26 Comments:

Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

Oh - dear - 10:43 am and NO comments for Dr. John yet! Can't allow that, LOL. You know one thing I used to like on your side bar? Where you had "I try to take one day at a time. But sometimes several days attack me at once" (or close to that!) It always gave me a good chuckle.

Like I said, I'm not good with change. Give me time.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Tina Dray said...

Wouldn't want you being sad so i'm leaving you a comment to wish you and Betty well and to have a day full of joy!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Miss Suzie said...

Thanks for the link, I really appreciate it! I hope you enjoy your day.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

I think comments make a good anchor for a blog. A blog without comments seems a little bit out of sorts. At least to me it does. Have a wonderful day.

1:12 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Hi Dr John,
not only can and does Science
map the invisible ...
it is pretty much saying that like dust, dark matter is all around
we just can't see it ...
and of course we can't just gather it like dust into a bundle
but Science knows it has great mass

1:21 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

So you've got five visible comments above, I wonder how many invisible ones remain 'hidden' lol!

1:22 PM  
Blogger butterflies said...

Dr John is a comment addict,
without them he gets into a panic please.. dont let him down
So Betty wont have to see him frown.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Good Monday Dr. John! This is the every other Monday that is quite hard on me workwise but here I am.

I hope to have a little present for you in the next day or two. Before I do - does "Suomenlinna" ring a bell? (Big Cheshire Grin)

3:30 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Dr. John, I am glad you decided to keep Leave a Comment Monday, but does that mean you don't read the comments I leave you Tuesday - Sunday!?

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the assisted living place in Pigeon Falls is better than the one we had my grandmother in. They were rather neglectful in caring for the people....things like helping the folks bathe, making sure they showed up for meals and the like went by the wayside. Nana could do for herself, but she needed that push to get going and actually do it.

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So are you saying you like getting comments or that they are just annoying, ha,ha..

4:27 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Hi Dr John

Here is your fix, I'll always be glad to stop by and say hi.

Blessings for a wonderful day.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

Oooooh! I would love to taste some REAL saffron buns please! This way, when I finally bake a batch I'll be able to tell if they turned out right. I'll gladly trade all my points for saffron buns. Now if I could only get some of Nancy's coffee . . . LOL

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Good things happen to those who stop back a second time to make sure there are plenty of comments to keep Dr. John happy ;-)

6:02 PM  
Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

PS - Don't make a batch just for me. I will wait patiently until others "buy" some!

Thank you again! I'm so excited! Saffron buns! Whoopee!

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for making it easy to make someone happy. :>) I lurk about your blog often and enjoy it, but I seldom leave a comment. My bad. I will try to do better knowing what I now know.

7:45 PM  
Blogger CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Dr. John, Love your blog esp. the town news. It sounds lovely there.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Good morning Dr John. I am wishing you a wonderful day! Dont hop over to my blog till after you eat your breakfast!! You will see why...lol

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Monday, Doc John !
Actually, it's still Monday here, but I'm afraid it's already become Tuesday where you are. Well, Happy Tuesday, then. Hope all is well in your world.
I hope I'm not being out of line, but I'd like to trade my 100 points for a simple prayer of thanks, for a prayer of mine that was answered after many years. I know that you and God are good friends, so I'm quite sure he'd be pleased to hear that I shared that fact with you. Thanks, Tina

10:53 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i know you pray for me. please don't stop. i'm in trouble with my lungs. i cannot handle it. it's too much. i can barely breath. i know you understand. i'm scared and hurt and i want to stop fighting for i'm so tired now.
i love you all. i'm sorry i ruined your happy comment day with sorrow.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Bazza said...

Over in England when someone reaches the wonderful age of 100 they get a telegram from the Queen. Will Louise Mattson recieve anything from the President next week?

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DO I GET EXCUSED FOR BEING A DAY LATE? I'm just getting back to normal after my trip to Texas.

How wonderful to be back in the winter wonderland. I didn't run into any snow cover til about Dunbar ... more near Florence ... a decent amount at Crystal Falls. WE'VE HAD DAILY DUSTINGS OF BEAUTIFUL, FRESH, FLUFFY WHITE SNOW NOW ...
I'll keep you posted with current pictures.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Christopher said...

Hey!
Peace,
Chris

5:51 AM  
Blogger Alastair said...

Dr John

As always your blog is great to read, and here's my comment to add to the lots you have already had.

May you have all the things that dogs love - pax et bonum (peace and bones!????!)

5:58 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i actually slept some last night. the prednisone is kicking in. about 2 hours were bad with catching my breath but then treatment did help and i settled down again. i took the 2 dosages of that med for the whooping thing last night. it is all coming together i feel. light at the end of the tunnel i hope it's what i see. i thank you to you and all who help me by praying for me and thank you for not seeing me as a bother. God Bless. i will be back asap.

6:01 AM  
Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Saffron buns!! Oh yes that would be wonderful. Thanks so much!!

Have a wonderfully blessed day!!
Please, let's all join together in a prayer chain for Chana's healing. She is such a sick girl & her courage is leaving her. We need to be her strength & courage. We need to storm God's throne with prayers for her.

Blessed be...

6:06 AM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

well I don't want to see betty frown :( so here is my comment.

YOO HOO! hello there, how are you and the missus today dr.john?

Bad joke of the day:How do cows subtract?

With a cow-culator

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home